Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
ZL1Bullet

Drives: ZL1
Data Module Readouts/Printouts?

I'm about to pick up my ZL1 today from the dealership. I've already seen it and upon delivery it has 13 Km on it. Can a printout be taken of the data module to make sure that during those 13 Km the engine was not rev'd over 4000 RPM?

Should I require warranty work, I don't want GM coming back to me saying the car was not broken in properly. I don't know how the readout works - weather it gives dates and times or Km readings when events happened. So if there's no 'markers' as to when events have happened, it wold be a good idea to have the data module looked at before it leaves the dealership, right?

So can someone tell me what the data readout looks like?

ZL1Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Bullet View Post
I'm about to pick up my ZL1 today from the dealership. I've already seen it and upon delivery it has 13 Km on it. Can a printout be taken of the data module to make sure that during those 13 Km the engine was not rev'd over 4000 RPM?

Should I require warranty work, I don't want GM coming back to me saying the car was not broken in properly. I don't know how the readout works - weather it gives dates and times or Km readings when events happened. So if there's no 'markers' as to when events have happened, it wold be a good idea to have the data module looked at before it leaves the dealership, right?

So can someone tell me what the data readout looks like?
Great question...I'm looking forward to learning about this as well.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
They go over 4k before leaving the factory ... Don't worry about it or over think it.