Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #376
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Deja Vu... I feel like I just read this exact same post somewhere else...

You would figure LG would chime give us the real date these are arriving they must have a tracking number who knows these things my not have even shipped to them yet and then we are waiting for nothing.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #377
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
You would figure LG would chime give us the real date these are arriving they must have a tracking number who knows these things my not have even shipped to them yet and then we are waiting for nothing.
Exactly!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #378
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Exactly!!
Yep I agree IMHO it's a pretty safe bet that we are SOL this week I feel bad for Ivan he is stuck in the middle. Oh well what can we do we are stuck :(

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 04-24-2013 at 04:33 PM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #379
BAWLZ SS

This whole thing is very frustrating and its getting old pretty quick!!! SMH!!! All we need is a real update!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #380
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
Quote:
Yep I agree IMHO it's a pretty safe bet that we are SOL this week I feel bad for Ivan he is stuck in the middle. Oh well what can we do we are stuck :(
I love you man. LOL You know our position..... :rock:Ivan:hardplace:

Wish I had some concrete word to put out but if it makes any difference....I did NOT hear from Anthony today at all when we shot over some other PO's so....perhaps he's :buriedinwheels: Hopefully. LOL
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #381
Sketch
SrA

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
Quote:
Seeing that Anthony said they are on a truck heading to them I do not see where they will take until next week to arrive to them by Freight from the East Coast to the West Coast is 4 days tops I shipped a bumper from Florida to Seattle and it took 3 days, so I honestly do not think the sales guy has a clue.

We shall see I still believe they are arriving to them today if anything tomorrow.
Maybe its an old lady driving a pick-up truck delivering one rim at time.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #382
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think the truck got lost...

:(
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #383
Sketch
SrA

This post is beginning to sound too good to be true.
I didn't plan on buying rims until next year so with these sets I'm already over my budget as I'm in the middle of doing another mod to my car. I jumped on this because I thought I was going to get them before they become back ordered.
My car goes in to paint on Monday morning. I should have it back by Friday the latest. Ivan, I understand your in a tough spot but if we don't get any real updates, (preferably with pictures) I may have to cancel my order.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #384
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
Maybe its an old lady driving a pick-up truck delivering one rim at time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I think the truck got lost...

:(
More like parked in a lot sleeping behind the wheel! No doubt! Where the heck is this thing??!

Quote:
This post is beginning to sound too good to be true.
I didn't plan on buying rims until next year so with these sets I'm already over my budget as I'm in the middle of doing another mod to my car. I jumped on this because I thought I was going to get them before they become back ordered.
My car goes in to paint on Monday morning. I should have it back by Friday the latest. Ivan, I understand your in a tough spot but if we don't get any real updates, (preferably with pictures) I may have to cancel my order.
I couldn't blame anybody who needed to get their money back that's why I always offered the "refundable" deposit.

Not too good to be true...there are already a couple sets out there that folks have posted pics up on. But of these coming on the truck, man.....maybe they just took a wrong turn in Albuquerque or something. I'll keep you all posted with any changing news like always. I'm just as anxious and even pushed our orders of these wheels behind every paid C5er so that you all could get them before we did.

Doing what I can folks.....hope to hear news soon. Thank you all!
Ivan
Old 04-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #385
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Drives: STROKED 92 CAMARO; 2011 SS/RS RJT
thanks ivan! its been over a week without any real update.....
CRAMOS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #386
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

+9 days for those keeping track
Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #387
Sketch
SrA

Okay, It doesn't look like these wheels are coming in anytime soon. Ivan, how do I go about getting a refund? (I paid for these in full already)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #388
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMOS78 View Post
thanks ivan! its been over a week without any real update.....
I'm with ya....working on that turning water into wine thing. I don't know how to keep updating when I don't get news either.

Quote:
+9 days for those keeping track
I think you and I have the big red marker and calenders on our desks....

Quote:
Okay, It doesn't look like these wheels are coming in anytime soon. Ivan, how do I go about getting a refund? (I paid for these in full already)
Just shoot me a formal request over to support@southwestspeed.net and I'll be happy to get that done for ya. No worries.

You know from our end we wish we could do more to help and totally understand where everybody is coming from.

We'll keep it fresh with news as I get it. But for now.... I'm on standby as well until Lou decides to let everybody know what's going on.

Appreciate the support and understanding friends!
Ivan
Old 05-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #389
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Sad to see this but not sure why there is STILL NO UPDATES!!!!! a couple have already jumped ship. Others like Stetch in the process of doing that and people like me that still have hope are still hanging on but by a VERY thin line!!!! Soon everyone will abandon ship and sets of LG wheels will just be sitting probably still at the werehouse!!! I belive that one of the biggest reasons why people are jumping ship too is because we have yet to hear From anyone from LG with an update on sets of wheels that should have been delivered to us the customers over a week and a half ago!!! Myself like many others bought tires, new TPMS sensors, lug nuts, wheel locks, .... and still have no wheels to put all this stuff on We want answers to our questions otherwise the few of us that are still hanging on will soon be leaving too!!!! If you are not getting the wheels anytime soon too please let us know!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #390
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

FINALLY we have an update

From Lou

"Hi Guys,

sorry for not updating sooner but I finally have information on the delivery. It would not make sense to just come in and say that we really didn't know the exact ship date.

SO. I can tell you that we are having 15 car sets shipped air freight to us leaving the manufacturer on May 10th. That should put them in our hands no later than 3-5 days after that.
We plan on going by the Date of the deposit to deliver the first 15 car sets to the first 15 deposit place holders.

It also means that we should receive the complete order around the end of the month or +/- a few days. Depends on shipping and customs clearance.

I really apologize for the mix up and patent issues that had to be cured before we completed our run of wheels. We also had to change the molds but again, not your problem. It was ours.
With all that in mind, we will receive and ship the first 15 car sets immediately after we receive them in less than 2 weeks.

in 100 years, none of us will care, right? But in the next 100 Days, some of you will be really happy. Including LGM because we were put on the spot and jumped the gun thinking our original design would pass muster.

thanks again for your patience. My direct apologies to some of the longest deposit place holders.

Anthony will keep you posted just in case there is any issue. I will be in the bunker with my head covered if anything happens!!

thanks

Lou Gigliotti "
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #391
BAWLZ SS

Good to know at least some of us are getting their wheels soon. Unfortunately im not one of those lucky ones!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #392
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Good to know at least some of us are getting their wheels soon. Unfortunately im not one of those lucky ones!
Keeping fingers crossed I am in the top 15
Old 05-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #393
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Keeping fingers crossed I am in the top 15
I'm sure you are Sean don't even sweat it!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #394
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
I'm sure you are Sean don't even sweat it!!!
With the luck I have had with wheels so far you never know.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #395
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
So what is the difference between this wheel and the Factory Reproduction wheels, other than the price?

Also before I was told these were made in the US so now is there no difference?

I still have not figured this out.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #396
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
So what is the difference between this wheel and the Factory Reproduction wheels, other than the price?

Also before I was told these were made in the US so now is there no difference?

I still have not figured this out.
The main difference is the design besides the price. These wheels look alot closer to the factory ZL1 wheel. The FR wheels are similar but the end of the spokes are straight as to where the LG wheels have that lil edgy curve at the end of the spole just like the ZL1 wheels do. And yes the LG wheels just like the FR wheels are made in China. Like everything China has good and bad quality factories of wheels. Hope these are better than OEM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #397
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
The main difference is the design besides the price. These wheels look alot closer to the factory ZL1 wheel. The FR wheels are similar but the end of the spokes are straight as to where the LG wheels have that lil edgy curve at the end of the spole just like the ZL1 wheels do. And yes the LG wheels just like the FR wheels are made in China. Like everything China has good and bad quality factories of wheels. Hope these are better than OEM.
Ok so different design, understood.

Thanks Bawlz
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #398
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Ok so different design, understood.

Thanks Bawlz
Yup thats it. I know!!! Nothing else like official weight of wheels has been released. Up to.know both LG and FR says that their 20X 11 wheels weigh in at 31lbs. Someone correct me if im wrong!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #399
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Yup thats it. I know!!! Nothing else like official weight of wheels has been released. Up to.know both LG and FR says that their 20X 11 wheels weigh in at 31lbs. Someone correct me if im wrong!

You are correct it is 31 pounds!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #400
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm going to chime in if I may....and let it be known that I can NOT absolutely positively verify with 100% accuracy some of this info.

First, I was going to order from Ivan. He's a damn good guy and I was more than ready to jump on board with all of y'all (hence, how I came to find this thread and why I've been following it for some time). After all, I WANT these wheels with a PASSION. But, a long time friend of mine runs a very well known shop here in SA and as a friend does, wants to help him out (and get help in return. ).

I've been waiting on word just like all of y'all....and obviously I'm subscribed to this thread because I'm just as excited as everyone here.

I have been told that these wheels, like the FR's, are all made in China (can not verify this). My sources could be wrong as I've also heard otherwise here. But, I hear that these wheels are made in China.....and right now, all the wheel factories in China are closed down by China's EPA. I hear it could be another three weeks until they are released. I just read something about them getting caught up in customs (which seems to make me believe that again, they are made in China and not the USA). Now, don't get me wrong....I could care less where they are made (would rather have USA made wheels, but I'm not complaining). But all I want are my wheels.

So, I've been waiting. And tonight I was told by my friend we are looking at another three weeks. This is what I was told...and again, I can not verify any FACTUAL information. So, if 15 sets are shipping out, I can't wait to see people getting them and putting them on asap.

I honestly dont' know what to believe except that I WANT THESE WHEELS!

I pray everyone here has their wishes granted like...NEXT WEEK. I can't wait to see them on my car too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote