Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #26
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt View Post
I have already told my husband that we are getting one .
I just have to let him get new Tahoe in a couple of years
Wow... i would give my left arm if my wife shared the same passion for cars and the Camaro in particular as myself.

Although she is pretty accepting of the fact that I will get one when it comes out. However, that could also be due to the fact that she absolutely HATES my truck and would welcome anything that doesn't sit 4 feet in the air.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #27
joey
 
joey's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion Xa
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Az
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to joey
i got really lucky that my hubby is car crazy 2. that might be why i drive a scion xa thats moded out like crazy until the camaro comes out...
joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #28
hollyt
 
hollyt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 corvette
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Wow... i would give my left arm if my wife shared the same passion for cars and the Camaro in particular as myself.

Although she is pretty accepting of the fact that I will get one when it comes out. However, that could also be due to the fact that she absolutely HATES my truck and would welcome anything that doesn't sit 4 feet in the air.
It took me 10 years to talk my husband into buying me my C5 Corvette. (He is not allowed to drive her. :p )
It took me 1 year to talk him into letting me start moding it.
Now I have talked him into a new Camero.
The funny thing is that he is NOT a car guy but he has been pretty understanding so far.
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,193
My wife wants to put our tax return towards her car payment so we have less to pay when we get my Camaro. Now, is that a cool wife, or what?

__________________
The build of THRSS #2
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #30
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner
 
Urthman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 555
My wife doesn't really have a problem with me buying the new Camaro, but she wants me to trade in my truck. I REALLY don't want to do that so I don't have to drive the Camaro all the time or in the winter. So, hopefully when the time comes I won't have to do it.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #31
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
My wife doesn't really have a problem with me buying the new Camaro, but she wants me to trade in my truck. I REALLY don't want to do that so I don't have to drive the Camaro all the time or in the winter. So, hopefully when the time comes I won't have to do it.
Man, I am right there with you! that is my situation to the Tee! It will kill me to sell my truck as it was the first vehicle I bought new and I have put so much time, money, and effort into it. Everyone knows me by my truck since there is not another like it around here, so it has in essence become part of my identity. By the time the Camaro comes out we will have bought our house, so i hope to use that as leverage.... have to have a truck for all of those home improvement projects!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:55 AM   #32
LowRider
LowRider
 
LowRider's Avatar
 
Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: WV
Posts: 390
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Wow... i would give my left arm if my wife shared the same passion for cars and the Camaro in particular as myself.

Although she is pretty accepting of the fact that I will get one when it comes out. However, that could also be due to the fact that she absolutely HATES my truck and would welcome anything that doesn't sit 4 feet in the air.
Man me and you are just the opposit My truck sets 3 inches off the groud and she wants it to be higher and to be a Ford. I kinda was alittle rude and said,"people in hell want ice water too." That is when I stuck my foot in my mouth and shut up.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #33
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner
 
Urthman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Man, I am right there with you! that is my situation to the Tee! It will kill me to sell my truck as it was the first vehicle I bought new and I have put so much time, money, and effort into it. Everyone knows me by my truck since there is not another like it around here, so it has in essence become part of my identity. By the time the Camaro comes out we will have bought our house, so i hope to use that as leverage.... have to have a truck for all of those home improvement projects!


I hear you. It's amazing how much you actually USE the truck to haul crap. My truck was my first new vehicle as well. Prior to that all my vehicles were used.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
daddyseth1
 
daddyseth1's Avatar
 
Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 247
Well, I am here in Chicago and for right now I own a 96 Lumina and I plan on keeping it for when the Camaro comes. But my wife told me that we must be in our own home by time the Camaro comes out. Which is fine because Chicago is brutal on rear-wheel drive cars. So I'll keep my Lumina running like a champ for the next year or two(she has 106K miles so far) so that I can truely enjoy DADDY"S TOY!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:39 AM   #35
BlacLac02
Banned
 
Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canton,Oh
Posts: 263
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
that black model with the red stripes was exactly what i wanted mine to look like. some nice deep dish black 22's on the back and some 20's on the front. very nice
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 AM   #36
Casull

 
Casull's Avatar
 
Drives: Chevy Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
Which is fine because Chicago is brutal on rear-wheel drive cars. So I'll keep my Lumina running like a champ for the next year or two(she has 106K miles so far) so that I can truely enjoy DADDY"S TOY!
Tell me about it! I just moved to Indy from Chicago a few months ago after finishing graduate school up there. I was heading to school last winter when, as you may very well remember, we got a huge snow storm right in the middle of the day (around 4:00 or so). I had my truck at that time as well. I knew I was going to be late anyway as it was rush hour with a foot of snow, so I just started pulling people out of ditches. I think I made like $200 in "donations" so I wasn't complaining.... except it took me 3 hours to get home from Elmhurst to Naperville.... Grrrrrrrrrr. I don't miss Chicago traffic!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.