Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Kid's Black/Inferno 2LT

Picked my '11 2LT up Just a few days ago. So far the car is an absolute blast. I have a '00 WS6 that I just finished a complete 500 horse rebuild on, so the Camaro will be a dailey driver for me. Unlike members, my journal will cover things like minor appearance mods, and just keeping up the toll DD takes on a car...expecially a black one!

Kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
First thing I had to do was fix the "dealer prep". As far as I can tell, they ripped of the plastice, and wiped the car off with a dry towel. Most of the car seemed to have slight "scuffs" from dirt being wiped of the car. You can also see some kind of white stuff running out of the door jamp in the last picture. I also found a lot of what looked like white lithium grease on the ingnition cylinder and it seemed to find it's way on to the seats. Since all my cars are now black(the WS6, my wifes new Jetta, and the now the Camaro), I went to AutoZone for new cleaning supplies. The old wash mitts had seen better days. I bought new mitt that had these weird green "fingers" on that was 100% terry cloth. I also bought The Black Box by Turtle Wax. It's specifically designed for black cars, and the was is a heavy black liquid to help fill small scratches and swirls.

It worked very well, but was a little tough to get off. They say to use the detail spray to help with this, but that seemed to smear the paint worse. i let the car sit in the shade for while, then went back and buffed the car by hand which worked well. The interior was fairly clean other than the grease. With the leather interior, this was easy to clean with Simple Green, and paper towels. I use Eagle 1 Window spray for the windows and guage faces.
Cars, clean, I'm adding on the miles, and the first mod will be the addition of splash guards...
Kid is online now   Reply With Quote