Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
nitrorcr1787

Drives: 2012 2SS
She's dented

Looks like I did not really make it out of Sandy without some damage. Large dent just above driver's side door right at the roof line, and a smaller scratch dent before it. How bad is the repair gonna be? Can it be fixed and still look good?
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That's in a spot you have to look at it everytime you get in which sucks. At least you lived through the storm.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Chances are a pdr person can pop the dent out. If the scratch is deep, you might have to get it repainted or just live with it

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Austin45
Poor College Kid

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I have that same exact dent from a golf ball. I was quoted $500 to fix, and they would have to use a product similar to bondo but better. (I forget the name) The repair also came with a lifetime warranty. I'm going to do it as soon as I have the money.

I know your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Chances are a pdr person can pop the dent out. If the scratch is deep, you might have to get it repainted or just live with it
I tried to go the pdr route but I was told they are unable to do it because of all the reinforcement in the roof.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Sickness91Z28
Heisenberg

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
PDR is "iffy" on this dent. The dent being that large in size....and on the upper body side (no way to actually "push" on it") it has to be done by "glue pull". We basically hot glue tabs onto the dent and have a tool that works the dent form the outside of the vehicle. But, the location has a big part. The upper body side is VERY rigid....and the metal really doesn't want to move much. I'd have to see it in person....but it might be a 50-50 chance to remove it using PDR. This is kind of what us PDR guys would do, but only using one glue tab: