Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
2012 ZL1 My Journey to my DREAM CAR!!!

Hi, my journey started with alot of phone calls, then the purchase of 3 airline tickets. I found my car on ebay and called the dealership and bought it for the Buy it now price!! Which, by the way was a GREAT price, seeing how most dealers wanted 8 to 10 grand above MSRP.. I decided this was going to be my car!!! So on July 18th we (my friend, brother-in-law and myself) left Pittsburgh International Airport @ 7 am, after being driven by my wonderful girlfriend whom i had to wake up @ 4 am to get us there, THANK YOU SOO MUCH! We arrived @ Logan International Airport @ 830 am and was met by my salesman Jeff, who gave us great service, and drove us to the dealership (Lannan Chevrolet in Woburn, Mass.) We arrived at the dealership and did our paperwork and were on the road by 950 am! I would recommend anyone looking for a car to give them a call, they were great! Including Peter, he was my financial go to guy! Thank you guys!! We started our journey home back to south western PA! We arrived home @ 835 pm. We could've made it home sooner I'm sure of it, but we were abiding to the break in procedure as best as we could!!!!
The car is an absolute dream for me! My first car ever was a beat up 2nd Generation 78 Z28, I loved camaro's all my life and was priviledged that my parents and grand parents helped me out soo much! The car need a lot of work and my grand father (a retired coal miner at the time) put in countless hours in getting her back to pristine condition! I've been blessed with the people in my life! My parents instilled in me the knowledge of what it is like to WORK for something that you want and to respect not only yourself but respect for other people and their property! These are the same things I trying to instill in my own child! Thank you MOM and DAD for your many sacrifices!!!!! My second car was a 3rd generation 89 Iroc-Z, although short lived and a definite lif lesson for me that ownership only lasted 3 weeks, (I unfortunately totalled it). So 20 years later the stars aligned and i was able to swing the payment for the ZL1! Now 3 and 1/2 months later I'm going all out to make her exactly the way I've dreamed of! Nadia went into the shop yesterday to start the process. We began with a stock dyno run. The results were 477rwhp/471tq. That seems to be about average from the ones that I have seen on the forum..
These are the list of mods being done at this time:

Livernois Motorsports In-House CNC LSA Cylinder Heads
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2C High Lift Camshaft
Livernois Motorsports LSA Head Studs
Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Heat Exchanger
Livernois Motorsports Solid Supercharger Coupler
Livernois Motorsports Supercharger Pulley Livernois Motorsports Exclusive Steel Idler Relocation Bracket w/ Metco Pulleys
Livernois Motorsports Spec’d Injectors
Livernois Motorsports Dual Fuel Pump Upgrade
Livernois Motorsports Intercooler
Metco Oversize Crank Pulley Ring
Innovators West Oversize Balancer
Rotofab/Livernois Cold Air Intake Carbon Fiber
Stainless Works Longtube Headers & Connection Pipe
Brier Hill Choppers applied the ceramic coating on the headers. Thanks Bob!
Hardened Pushrods
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
160 Degree T-Stat
GM 90mm Throttle Body
Borla S-Type Cat back exhaust
QTP Electric Cut Outs
Heritage Grille
Bogart RR-10 17in rims front and back, Thanks Rich!!!
The slicks and skinnies to be ordered in the spring!
Rodeheaver Hotrod and Auto Work & Tune Thank you Tim! For all the help and guidance!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Hope I did't bore you guys! Here's some pictures of the shifter and Nadia in her stock dressings!!!
Attached Images

12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Freaking awesome man. Nice work so far.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #3
Kartashian
SoCal HT5

Drives: The Punisher
Congrats mate!! Keep up the good work.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Man, I understand the NEED for SPEED, but this car is already a Rocket Ship! What else is there?
I am sure it will be super nice when all done. I love the color...Black is so cool. Congrats on obtaining one of the fastest items in the world....not withstanding a jet.......

Kurt ABL99...
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
looking good