Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #103
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Any word on the ZL1 intake yet?
We have a thread in the ZL1 section that we will update as soon as it becomes available. The system is 99% complete but we want to do some more testing and confirm some things. We should be releasing more details soon. We are working on it though, and understand that there are many waiting for it, so we do want to get it to market as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupree878 View Post
I have occasional problems getting the lid to line up, but I think it's just the tight fit and my reluctance to 'force' it down.
Once it's on, it's as solid as a rock.
I have a 2013, and the notch was much larger than needed. I'm not complaining, just saying it fit great.
Looks great!! The lid is made to fit snug for a really nice and sealed up fit around the engine bay. So sometimes you have to position it carefully when working inside that lip on the inner fender well as well as around the rubber seal that contours the front of the engine bay. Glad to hear that you are impressed with the fitment, that's what we like to hear!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #104
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
We have a thread in the ZL1 section that we will update as soon as it becomes available. The system is 99% complete but we want to do some more testing and confirm some things. We should be releasing more details soon. We are working on it though, and understand that there are many waiting for it, so we do want to get it to market as soon as possible.

Looks great!! The lid is made to fit snug for a really nice and sealed up fit around the engine bay. So sometimes you have to position it carefully when working inside that lip on the inner fender well as well as around the rubber seal that contours the front of the engine bay. Glad to hear that you are impressed with the fitment, that's what we like to hear!
Thank you sir, i am here when you are ready.....
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #105
Cuejo

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs
What kind of performance increase will adding the scoop add?
Cuejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #106
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuejo View Post
What kind of performance increase will adding the scoop add?
If you search you can find the testing that Jannetty Racing did with the scoop, I believe it added an extra 2-3 WHP with our CAI.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #107
Sales @ CAI Inc

Just wanted to give this a bump and say thank you to all our great customers here on Camaro5. You all have kept us extremely busy this spring and we greatly appreciate your business and support!!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #108
Cuejo

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs
I installed mine!
Looks good. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367549812.156918.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  248.9 KB
Cuejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #109
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuejo View Post
I installed mine!
Looks good. Attachment 505709
Awesome man, looks great!!! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #110
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1367935678419.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  130.5 KB

I love my CAI, i have also just won the CAI inductions photo of the month contest for April
Old 05-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #111
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Attachment 507582

I love my CAI, i have also just won the CAI inductions photo of the month contest for April
Thanks man, and congrats on the Facebook VOM win, looks like you won by a long shot!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #112
Retro69

Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Love my recently installed CAI! Got a question about filter maintenance. What is the recommended interval? What is the process?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

480 rwhp ERL 416 ci with JDP Stage II Big Bore Cam
JDP tune, CAI intake, Dynatech LT headers, hi-flow cats
VMAX CNC Ported TB. Pfadt Performance Kit - Stage 2 ZL-Spec
Spohn trailing and toe links, Prothane sub-frame bushings
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #113
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
Quote:
Thanks man, and congrats on the Facebook VOM win, looks like you won by a long shot!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #114
Sales @ CAI Inc

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Love my recently installed CAI! Got a question about filter maintenance. What is the recommended interval? What is the process?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Great to hear, thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

When the filter comes to the point where it needs some maintenance (also known as a "recharge"), which is basically cleaning and re-oiling it, we offer a "Recharge Kit" to make sure the job gets done properly. Here is a link to where you can purchase the recharge kit on our website: http://www.coldairinductions.com/filter-recharge-kit

The kit is typically good for 2 complete recharges, comes complete with instructions, and is the only kit that should be used for you Cold Air Inductions Inc. Air Filter. The kit also comes with some more basic instructions as well, but its pretty much rinse, clean, rinse, dry, oil, dry.

The frequency in which you need to "recharge" your air filter really depends on the driving conditions that it is in. It is not uncommon for a filter to last 20k miles or more before needing a full "recharge", but again that is completely dependent on the driving conditions. A simple visual inspection will tell you when the filter is needing a recharge. Once you notice a build-up of dirt/debris in every individual filter pleat and covering the majority of the filter media, it is time for a recharge. Cleaning larger debris from the airbox as well as the filter from time to time also decreases the frequency in which a full recharge is needed.

I hope this answers your question, feel free to let me know if there is anything else that you need. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #115
Retro69

Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
Quote:
Great to hear, thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

When the filter comes to the point where it needs some maintenance (also known as a "recharge"), which is basically cleaning and re-oiling it, we offer a "Recharge Kit" to make sure the job gets done properly. Here is a link to where you can purchase the recharge kit on our website: http://www.coldairinductions.com/filter-recharge-kit

The kit is typically good for 2 complete recharges, comes complete with instructions, and is the only kit that should be used for you Cold Air Inductions Inc. Air Filter. The kit also comes with some more basic instructions as well, but its pretty much rinse, clean, rinse, dry, oil, dry.

The frequency in which you need to "recharge" your air filter really depends on the driving conditions that it is in. It is not uncommon for a filter to last 20k miles or more before needing a full "recharge", but again that is completely dependent on the driving conditions. A simple visual inspection will tell you when the filter is needing a recharge. Once you notice a build-up of dirt/debris in every individual filter pleat and covering the majority of the filter media, it is time for a recharge. Cleaning larger debris from the airbox as well as the filter from time to time also decreases the frequency in which a full recharge is needed.

I hope this answers your question, feel free to let me know if there is anything else that you need. Thanks!
Exactly what I needed! Thanks!
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #116
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
Exactly what I needed! Thanks!
No Problem!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #117
meSSohappy

Drives: '11 2SS/RS, BD 02/08/11, 1 of 121 !
Did my CAI today with the new MAF and ported TB. Definately a snug fit and I too had to fight with the lid screws to get it sealed. I have a 2011 camaro and no battery cable....because this system uses a sealed box for best results, am I supposed to seal the notch for the battery cable or is it not an issue? Dont really want to be sucking in hot air anywhere...what is the fix...duct tape?
Attached Images

FIRST CAMARO-2011 2SS/RS 6spd vert IOM with: Lingenfelter GT-14... HP custom tune... ARH 1 7/8 LTH... ARH HFC (now deleted)... ARH 3" exhaust & mufflers... Elite CC... Vmax PTB... VTC... CAI ... Hurst STS... RGB scanner... RGB halos... STL's

ACS mods: T10 polycarbonate window insert...T4 splitter...T4 front tire wind deflectors...Rockers...Front mudflaps...Rear mudflaps... Rear bumper extensions...

Custom under hood wrap.

Current Camaro-2015 ZL1 no mods YET !!!

Last edited by meSSohappy; 05-20-2013 at 09:56 PM.
meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #118
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
Did my CAI today with the new MAF and ported TB. Definately a snug fit and I too had to fight with the lid screws to get it sealed. I have a 2011 camaro and no battery cable....because this system uses a sealed box for best results, am I supposed to seal the notch for the battery cable or is it not an issue? Dont really want to be sucking in hot air anywhere...what is the fix...duct tape?
Looks great!! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

No need to worry about the small notch, your CAI is going to pull the most air from the path of least resistance, which is from below where the ambient air is coming in at. We did some logging with the notched box, no difference at all in temps or anything else, the notch is very small and will have no effect. All you need to do is enjoy your new CAI!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #119
meSSohappy

Drives: '11 2SS/RS, BD 02/08/11, 1 of 121 !
Right on...Thanks !!!
FIRST CAMARO-2011 2SS/RS 6spd vert IOM with: Lingenfelter GT-14... HP custom tune... ARH 1 7/8 LTH... ARH HFC (now deleted)... ARH 3" exhaust & mufflers... Elite CC... Vmax PTB... VTC... CAI ... Hurst STS... RGB scanner... RGB halos... STL's

ACS mods: T10 polycarbonate window insert...T4 splitter...T4 front tire wind deflectors...Rockers...Front mudflaps...Rear mudflaps... Rear bumper extensions...

Custom under hood wrap.

Current Camaro-2015 ZL1 no mods YET !!!

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote