Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #35
seasick
 
Drives: 2013 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS A8
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 151
Pro Tip: You can buy the same footwell lighting SMD strips much cheaper at adafruit.com, in bulk, wire up your own RGB colors, etc. You can also buy the illuminated, metal flush mount switches for $5.95 vice $19.99. A lot of items can be done in a DIY manner if you dig working with electronics and microcontrollers.

The more you know!
__________________
First to Fight, First to Strike
seasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #36
HubStep
 
HubStep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I must be old school, but I wouldn't spend $5 on lighting mods, I don't get the appeal at all.
You're old-school


...and that's ok
__________________
My build thread (warning, use safari/chrome, FF doesn't like this many images)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265476

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 13,076
If you have some OEM ones cut out the tabs and plastic weld them in to the one with the broke tabs that will fix it and you can keep the look.

P.S. i know its not your job, but this way its fixed and done.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
HubStep
 
HubStep's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If you have some OEM ones cut out the tabs and plastic weld them in to the one with the broke tabs that will fix it and you can keep the look.

P.S. i know its not your job, but this way its fixed and done.

Ofer you should sell LED side markers Give AAC a run for their money. :P
__________________
My build thread (warning, use safari/chrome, FF doesn't like this many images)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265476

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #39
Camaroblk
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 camaro LT RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: US
Posts: 207
AAC are cheap product and they sell it for alot more !! rip off
Camaroblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #40
Haole
My K9 partner and me
 
Haole's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 IOM SS
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,082
I eventually sold my AAC sidemarkers and purchased Showstoppers.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #41
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.
 
Drives: My wifey ;P
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Personally the only item I would buy from this company is footwell LEDs ( and thats only because there aqua matches). Other then that you can find the same, if not better quality stuff from other vendors at a fraction of the cost and 100% better service.


Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
^This way wayyy overpriced for just a strip of LEDs in a defective case. I also bought the LED because thats the only place I can find to match my console lights. and of course too many threads like this had popped out since I joined a couple years ago
__________________
"From ZERO to a Tire-Burning HERO!"

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #42
Blues45th
.........................
 
Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 920
Bad soders on wires. Lights don't all work. 3 led bulbs and major major issues in last months makes me wonder why people still buy from them. There lights people. Like little kids. They make pretty colors for,your "muscle" car. Lmao. So to all the guys and girls with nice pretty lights on there cars, why don't you all stand up and demand better. If you don't buy it they can sell it. Instead of paying big bucks for crap just because they pay big bucks to this site to be a vendor doesn't seem like they or the forum have your best interest now does it. Camaro5 can ban me or censor me but the truth be told we all have other outlets to spread the word. So people wake up. Put down the kool aid your all drinking for some of these vendors and go on personal and past experiences. With these certain vendors that seem to have never ending issues with not just the product but also the customer service end. If it was in person would you let a company charge you $100's of dollars and the when issue doesn't answer the door or phone to there shop. So why any different when these company's do it to us here. Take this site for what it is. Vendors exploiting you and there there products for very high personal gains. AAC is just one of many on here that all they wanna do is collect your money. No respect for you,your cars or how hard we all work to make the money they so easy charge us and then give us way below standard products. Makes me so mad and sick of all this. This forum has turned into the amazon of camaro world. All about sales. And less about information and love for the camaro
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #43
CamaroDreams07


 
CamaroDreams07's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow V6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Lansing, MI
Posts: 9,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Bad soders on wires. Lights don't all work. 3 led bulbs and major major issues in last months makes me wonder why people still buy from them. There lights people. Like little kids. They make pretty colors for,your "muscle" car. Lmao. So to all the guys and girls with nice pretty lights on there cars, why don't you all stand up and demand better. If you don't buy it they can sell it. Instead of paying big bucks for crap just because they pay big bucks to this site to be a vendor doesn't seem like they or the forum have your best interest now does it. Camaro5 can ban me or censor me but the truth be told we all have other outlets to spread the word. So people wake up. Put down the kool aid your all drinking for some of these vendors and go on personal and past experiences. With these certain vendors that seem to have never ending issues with not just the product but also the customer service end. If it was in person would you let a company charge you $100's of dollars and the when issue doesn't answer the door or phone to there shop. So why any different when these company's do it to us here. Take this site for what it is. Vendors exploiting you and there there products for very high personal gains. AAC is just one of many on here that all they wanna do is collect your money. No respect for you,your cars or how hard we all work to make the money they so easy charge us and then give us way below standard products. Makes me so mad and sick of all this. This forum has turned into the amazon of camaro world. All about sales. And less about information and love for the camaro
With AAC, look at who their biggest fanboys are, the guys that always come in and defend them anytime anybody who has a legitimate complaint. It makes perfect sense why these guys are allowed to peddle their wares here still.
__________________
[B]
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
mygen5
 
Drives: 2011 ss/rs
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: harrisburg n.c.
Posts: 60
sidemarkers

Bought some side markers took 2 weeks to get but they jumped on the money right away. finally got the markers and what a joke fancy packaging poor quality. the paint wasn't even close to summit white. there attitude was oh well send them back. not interested in why they didn't match had a yellow tint to them. got my money back and went to showstoppers I hope they are better. Waiting to receive all though very slow on shipping, but if they match I can deal with it.
mygen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #45
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
With AAC, look at who their biggest fanboys are, the guys that always come in and defend them anytime anybody who has a legitimate complaint. It makes perfect sense why these guys are allowed to peddle their wares here still.
I am no fanboy but I have yet to have a problem with my ghosted side marker lights!!

Guess I just got lucky!!

I think it's a shame that there has been so many issues as I love the look of them on my car..

With that said I have no plans on ordering anything else from them because of the issues. I skipped on the side mirrors, talk about issues!!
__________________


KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #46
linkwpc
The punching cat
 
linkwpc's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 4,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This is why I don't order from AAC. Too many horror stories.
+1
__________________
My car build (COTW 7/23/12) - - - - - - > CLICK HERE! : http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80725
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #47
Gruv3451
 
Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 160
New member here and first post. I ordered a set of Showstoppers based on what I've read here as well as other threads. To those of you who have them (Showstoppers). Any long term problems at all?

Thanks
Gruv3451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #48
RJT-SS
 
RJT-SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 501
The first time I saw the AAC/Oracle lights on the Camaros, I fell in love with them. I called to get more info on sidemarkers, color changing halos, afterburner tail lights, plasma DRLs, etc. I am local so I could go pick up the stuff and, if I had any problems doing the install, I figured I could stop by and work things out. After talking to them, something just didn't sound right. I didn't feel like I was getting a straight answer. So....I ended up just getting the plasma DRLs, LED interior and trunk light. I go to install the DRLs and the socket is deeper than the stock bulbs so the locking tab does not lock. I call back and asked why and I am told "oh yeah, they don't lock but they will stay in". I decided to keep them and, in their defense, they were correct. However, for the price they charge for these, they should fit PERFECTLY. I still love how all that lighting looks but between the prices and the issues I have read, I am glad I just changed a few bulbs.
__________________
Performance Mods:
Kooks 1-7/8 LTs; Calico coated w/HFCs, Solo Mach XL catback w/J-pipes, VMax TB, C.A.I. Intake, JRE Tune, RX Catch-Can
RJT-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #49
MistyBlu10
GOBLIN
 
Drives: 2015 SS Convertable Green Flash
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chesapeake Beach MD
Posts: 674
side markers and scanner light no issues at all
__________________

2015 2SS Green Flash Edition
2012 Camaro LFX 45th born 9/24/11 sold 4/1/15
2013 Equinox LTZ
2013 Cruze LTZ
2010 LT2 BLUE RS CAMARO TRADED FOR 45TH
2011 COLARADO Z71 TRADED FOR MALABU
2011 MALABU LTZ TRADED FOR BLUE CAMARO
2007 Z71 Avalanche LTZ
1987 K5 Blazer
BOWTIES AS BLOOD CELLS
GM RULES
MistyBlu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.