Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
pears2

Drives: 2011 Black/Silver Synergy Series
Curb Alert Update

Hey All,

I purchased the "Curb Alert" a few days ago and installed it on my 2SS. It worked great for 2 days, then nothing. Can't seem to get it to do anything now. Took the device completely off the car and re-installed it again today, still nothing. Had it wired to the fuse box and it seemed to work as designed. This morning nothing, disconnected it from the fuse box, checked the fuse and re-installed it utilizing the battery as the directions indicated, still nothing. Put a meter on it to check to see if it was getting power, it was. Readjusted the device as the instructions indicated, still nothing. Disconnected all the components and re-connected it, still nothing. Took it off the car and I am returning it on Monday.

Never again!!!
pears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
I was thinking of getting one. I would like to here from others if they have had problems. Not worth a dam if it stops working.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
I got one

I got one of those curb alerts too the other month ! Heard it loud and clear.It went scrape scrape scrape !!!!!! Not lying to you. It is now my spare in the trunk . A workable warning device would have been nice.Took me two years
but I finally did it.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
styphon

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Hmm.I've been thinking of getting one of these, maybe not..
styphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
http://www.curb-alert.com/index.php
Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
How about these?
Attached Images

SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
pears2

Drives: 2011 Black/Silver Synergy Series
Sent Southern Car Parts an email on Sunday, waiting for them to contact me with the (RMA) Return Merchandise Approval number so I can return the Curb Alert. No response as of today, going to give it a couple more days before I call them.
pears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
sammy

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Curb Alert

Hi,

Sorry for your bad experience with the Curb Alert. We are the manufacturer and have thousands in the field that are working great. Can you describe the basics of how you installed the unit?

Did you receive your credit from Southern Car Parts?

Since we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction, we would be more than pleased to send you a free replacement unit. If you supply me with your name and shipping address, we'll send out a unit to you on Tuesday.

Sincerely,

Sammy
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
yzark99

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice 1LT
Sounds like you got a defective one. I have had one on my car for months now, and it works perfectly. Better than guessing wrong where the curb is.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
I had one put in today. Its not going well.

I bought it so I could avoid any mishaps with my SLP splitter. Installer got it installed according to the recommended placement for a camaro, but that put it behind the splitter.

Now it goes off randomly while driving. I turned it off.
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I had one put in today. Its not going well.

I bought it so I could avoid any mishaps with my SLP splitter. Installer got it installed according to the recommended placement for a camaro, but that put it behind the splitter.

Now it goes off randomly while driving. I turned it off.
Mine would randomly go off while driving as well when I had it mounted on my SS. For that reason, I haven't taken the time to install it on my ZL1.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
ajp
Imperial Blue Steel

Drives: Camaro 2010 2SS/RS
Mine has been working correctly for 2 days.

I had it re-installed with the correct wiring (to the battery).
ajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
In an effort to save fuel the alternators in our vehicles turn on and off. When the alternator is "running" or on the voltage is 13.2 or above the Curb Alert is on and working. When the alternator is "off" battery voltage only 12.7 the Curb Alert goes into calibration mode then shuts off after about ten minutes. It turns on again when it senses alternator voltage. There's a thread in the ZL1 section where a solution to this problem is discussed. I have not done it yet to cure this problem.
1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I just installed one of these and it doesn't work.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #15
rdono
Cavallino

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IMO-IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Mine would randomly go off while driving as well when I had it mounted on my SS. For that reason, I haven't taken the time to install it on my ZL1.
I have run one for some time on several vehicles, I like it so much I will be selling them soon. It must be aimed properly and if your chosen location might need to change if your car has a splitter valance and is lowered. Our SS is lowered 1.25 inches and we run factory ground effects, so our sensor is located on the bottom of the bumper reinforcement and has a strong angle. It works great there and can not be seen easily. Take time & play with it because one visit to my shop will cost you way more for repairs. They do save parts, paint 7 body repairs.

Good luck
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #16
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
In an effort to save fuel the alternators in our vehicles turn on and off. When the alternator is "running" or on the voltage is 13.2 or above the Curb Alert is on and working. When the alternator is "off" battery voltage only 12.7 the Curb Alert goes into calibration mode then shuts off after about ten minutes. It turns on again when it senses alternator voltage. There's a thread in the ZL1 section where a solution to this problem is discussed. I have not done it yet to cure this problem.
I have a 3 farad cap I could sell you that might help maintain voltage!!