Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Ieatfordsforlunch

Drives: 2008 colorado
Another check engine light thread

Ok so if you have been on here long enough you already know long tubes throw codes and you need a tune to correct this problem. Well I got my SCT tuner and did the tune for my long tubes and turned off the rear O2'S , but its still throwing the code. Any help? Code P1153
Ieatfordsforlunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
P1153 HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1
Old 11-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I might be in same boat as you. I installed my SCT tuner w/ a tune from JRE, and the CEL went off for about 15 mins, but then came back on. I will get the code to really see if I am in the same situation as you....
AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs (1.4")///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla "Catback" Exhaust///Debadged & Tail Bezels Plasti-dipped///Blacked Out Tail-lights & Bowties///SCT Tuner w JRE Tune///Elite Engineering Catch Can///ATL F&R Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors///Duralast Ceramic Brake Pads (Front)///Duralast Metallic Brake Pads (Rear)///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood///ZL1 Spoiler
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
MA2010SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't know about SCT, but there are a few more steps than just turning off the rear O2's using HPT. You will have to change the output on the rear 02's for no error reporting which is an option in HPT, I don't have the software on this computer, I would run through the steps in HPT if I did
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, JRE 4.11 Gears, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, DSS 1000HP alxes, DSS aluminum DS, ZL1 fuel pump, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA 577RWHP
MA2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Ieatfordsforlunch

Here's the pict I already know what it means, I want to know how to fix it.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
nevermind, my DTC is PO449 (Evaporative emission vent solenoid control circuit)

now, I don't intend to jack your thread, but I tried to "clear" my DTC, then returned my vehicle to stock tune, then re-uploaded my JRE tune in hopes of getting rid of the CEL, only to have the brake, ABS, and stabili-trak light (along with the CEL) come on....what gives?
AAC Amber Halo's///LSR Short Throw Shifter///BMR Front & Rear Sway Bars///BMR Lowering Springs (1.4")///Airaid CAI///BBK Headers & Mid-Pipes///Borla "Catback" Exhaust///Debadged & Tail Bezels Plasti-dipped///Blacked Out Tail-lights & Bowties///SCT Tuner w JRE Tune///Elite Engineering Catch Can///ATL F&R Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors///Duralast Ceramic Brake Pads (Front)///Duralast Metallic Brake Pads (Rear)///Gen5DIY Separate Clutch Reservoir///Harwood 5" Cowl Induction Hood///ZL1 Spoiler
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
MA2010SS

This is what I did using HPT, just read down the list on anything that has to do with the O2's. Hope that helps with SCT
Attached Files
File Type: doc Turn off rear 02.doc (573.0 KB, 36 views)
2010 Camaro SS Whipple SC, CAI Inc Intake, JRE 4.11 Gears, TSP 1 7/8" LT headers no cats, 3" magnaflow exhaust, HPT, RX Catch Can, LSR Toe Rods, LSR Trailing Arms, ALKY Control Meth, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, DSS 1000HP alxes, DSS aluminum DS, ZL1 fuel pump, Tuned by SLOWHAWK Performance Bridgewater MA 577RWHP
Old 11-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
Ieatfordsforlunch

Mine doesn't have a computer dashboard to mod things like yours does, I like how you can do that on yours. Anyway with the SCT it has options to choose and one is for long tubes, and the other is for turning off the rear O2's. I did both. Still code shows.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
MA2010SS

My guess is that the programming end of it might not be set up properly, with the pre-programmed long tube option missing one of the error reporting codes still checked to report. Just taking a guess, but was it programmed for your mods? If it was I would ask for an updated flash file and have them check again on what was done with your file. HPT is a very powerful program and works very well, only drawback I find is when you flash the car you have to wait about 3-4min before starting the car, extended cranking...other than that great program.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Ieatfordsforlunch

I'm saving up for the custom jre tune when I install my stage 3 race cam. Hopefully that tune will work properly. The preset tunes are not specific for what I'm running. Thanks for the help though guys.