Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Big C CamaroSS

 
Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,149
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 315/35/20 for my 1LE

I have the opportunity to buy a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport 315/35/20 tires that were mounted and then taken off.....never driven on and 2yrs old. I know the PSS are a high quality tire and can take the cold better than the Goodyear F1 tires (thinking more about winter storage than driving). I really doubt I'll ever take my 1LE to an autocross track (to chicken S**T I'd crash or damage the car). Now I am having second thoughts about buying them, even though I'm getting them for $275 shipped.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Mannsiam
 
Mannsiam's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I have the opportunity to buy a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sport 315/35/20 tires that were mounted and then taken off.....never driven on and 2yrs old. I know the PSS are a high quality tire and can take the cold better than the Goodyear F1 tires (thinking more about winter storage than driving). I really doubt I'll ever take my 1LE to an autocross track (to chicken S**T I'd crash or damage the car). Now I am having second thoughts about buying them, even though I'm getting them for $275 shipped.
If you dont buy them tell me where they are and I will
__________________

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!
 
ddunerider's Avatar
 
Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phillips Ranch ca. So-Cal
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Me too
__________________
WE RACE DEEP!!
BBK Intake, Flowmaster AT cat back Barton shifter,Painted stripes,,Heritage grill,LED DRLs, Smokin Tires!!
ddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
ST1LE

 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,248
Me 3
__________________
2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE w/NPP 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, dyno tune, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
ST1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,537
going to take some work to fit 315s on the front
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #6
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE Ashen Grey
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Posts: 3,284
I want $800+ of tires for $275 shipped, yes please...
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
Ir0nM4n


 
Ir0nM4n's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 1LE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 2,422
Me 4
__________________
Ir0nM4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #8
Billy10mm
 
Billy10mm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hartsdale, NY
Posts: 445
I don't even have my car yet and I'll take 'em. Good tires for cheap is like sex with a super-model for free. You don't question it, you just do it.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #9
J-vette
 
Drives: '14 1le
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 455
I don't the 315's will work on the front bc it might damage electric ps, but you could use them for an extra set for the rears
J-vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:38 PM   #10
keving2873
 
keving2873's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bremerton, WA
Posts: 666
I just got my new PSS's and I would go for that deal just to save them and replace when the new ones where out. That is an awesome deal.
__________________
476whp 455trq / Tuned by Tom Wong
CAI Intake with ADM Scoop, Borla ATAK cat-back, ARH 1 7/8 Headers and HF Cats
Custom Comp Cam 231/234 114LSA 617/598 lift, Katech timing chain
Apex Catch-can
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
20" Niche Essen's wrapped in Michelin PSS 315/295
keving2873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:10 PM   #11
ST1LE

 
ST1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by keving2873 View Post
I just got my new PSS's and I would go for that deal just to save them and replace when the new ones where out. That is an awesome deal.
Exactly!! Who would try and put 315 on the front?!?!?!
__________________
2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE w/NPP 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats, Intake w/scoop, dyno tune, and Apex 1.25" Lowering Springs.
ST1LE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
Big C CamaroSS

 
Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,149
The 315/35/20 tires would go on the back and either 285/35/20 or 295/35/20 tires would go on the front. I never intended to keep a square set up.....it would look silly!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #13
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28
 
Dropspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Suburbs of Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,550
For Reference:

275/40/20 = 28.66" OD Stock SS RR
285/35/20 = 27.85" OD Stock 1LE RR
305/35/20 = 28.40" OD Stock ZL1 RR
315/35/20 = 28.68" OD

Matt
__________________
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #14
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie
 
TBone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ChiTown, IL
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I don't even have my car yet and I'll take 'em. Good tires for cheap is like sex with a super-model for free. You don't question it, you just do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Exactly!! Who would try and put 315 on the front?!?!?!
There are some folks around here doing it only in 19" tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
The 315/35/20 tires would go on the back and either 285/35/20 or 295/35/20 tires would go on the front. I never intended to keep a square set up.....it would look silly!
295's would only fit if you had coilovers and Camber plates. I tried before I had the camber plates and couldn't make them fit. It might also depend on your rims backspacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
For Reference:

275/40/20 = 28.66" OD Stock SS RR
285/35/20 = 27.85" OD Stock 1LE RR
305/35/20 = 28.40" OD Stock ZL1 RR
315/35/20 = 28.68" OD

Matt
I run 285 F and 315 R and they are AWESOME!! Max grip is nice.

T.
__________________
"Horsepower is something that looks great in a Magazine article, but suspension is what actually gets you around the track fast.." Jack Olsen
The drag strip is like sniffing glue, it's cheap, it's a decent buzz, it doesn't last long and they are all the same.
Road racing is like China White Heroin, the buzz is stronger, the high lasts for hours, it's extremely addictive and they are all different.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS used to OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.