Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

USA - Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #51
LWM
 
LWM's Avatar
 
Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 524
Sorry.....did not make the early morning event! Family had other plans! Hope you guys had a great time.
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #52
RedVictory
Luv my LS3
 
RedVictory's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 301
I really want to go but I also really want to sleep in....

Are these meets every Saturday morning?
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #53
Rufnek
U.S. Army
 
Rufnek's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP ZL454
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
I really want to go but I also really want to sleep in....

Are these meets every Saturday morning?
Yes, but it is a meet of variety. There are on average 4-5 Gen V's there any given Saturday.

This Saturday the weather is looking good, as long as it doesn't rain too much on Friday.
__________________
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell
Rufnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #54
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR
 
Lumino1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufnek View Post
Yes, but it is a meet of variety. There are on average 4-5 Gen V's there any given Saturday.

This Saturday the weather is looking good, as long as it doesn't rain too much on Friday.
Weather should be awesome; I'll be there. We should plan a drive afterwards.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #55
Rufnek
U.S. Army
 
Rufnek's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP ZL454
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
Weather should be awesome; I'll be there. We should plan a drive afterwards.
I down for a short drive, have my daughter's birthday party that day.
__________________
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell
Rufnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #56
RedVictory
Luv my LS3
 
RedVictory's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 301
I'm getting some workdone at Tony's corvette shop in Gaitersburg over the next month or so. I might swing by after that.
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #57
LWM
 
LWM's Avatar
 
Drives: #54 ZL 550 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS,GIF
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 524
When Tony's Corvette tunes a car......it turns into a beast!! Great shop!!
LWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #58
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
I'm going to roll on my own............ since I can't be trusted.
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #59
73camarolt


 
73camarolt's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2010 SS, 73 LT
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 2,319
Depending on the weather tonight i may come out.
__________________
2002 Camaro SS- BBK LT's, ORY, SLP Dual-Dual, Lid, Ported TB, 4.11's, Hurst STS, UMI STB, LCA's, Relocation Brackets, SFC's, Adj. Panhard, Chrome ZR1 wheels, All Tuned and Perfected by John at Broadview Automotive.. 354hp and 360tq
73camarolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #60
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
What..........."Dense Fog Advisories have been issued for SW Virginia and may be extended northeast to include some parts of our service area. South to southeast winds will keep humidity levels high but in time, they will transport in unseasonably warm air. We expect to see fog tomorrow morning following by partial clearing"
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #61
Rufnek
U.S. Army
 
Rufnek's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP ZL454
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
What..........."Dense Fog Advisories have been issued for SW Virginia and may be extended northeast to include some parts of our service area. South to southeast winds will keep humidity levels high but in time, they will transport in unseasonably warm air. We expect to see fog tomorrow morning following by partial clearing"
I am already seeing some fog/haze out my direction. Will have too see what the roads look like in the A.M.

There is always Sunday at the Fair Oaks meet.
__________________
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell
Rufnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #62
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufnek View Post
I am already seeing some fog/haze out my direction. Will have too see what the roads look like in the A.M.

There is always Sunday at the Fair Oaks meet.
Yeah.......... getting a little froggy here too. Thought about Fair Lakes ....... never been? I like the Friday/Saturday night meets not this morning stuff!!
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
Rufnek
U.S. Army
 
Rufnek's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP ZL454
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Fun View Post
Yeah.......... getting a little froggy here too. Thought about Fair Lakes ....... never been? I like the Friday/Saturday night meets not this morning stuff!!
I agree with night meets, but I guess we take what we can get to fill our souls throughout the winter. Never been to the Fair Lakes meet either, but the parking is big and it starts 830 so I technically get to sleep in. Plus with the weather this may be the better choice of the two for those of us who hide from Mother Nature's moisture.
__________________
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell
Rufnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #64
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR
 
Lumino1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufnek View Post
I agree with night meets, but I guess we take what we can get to fill our souls throughout the winter. Never been to the Fair Lakes meet either, but the parking is big and it starts 830 so I technically get to sleep in. Plus with the weather this may be the better choice of the two for those of us who hide from Mother Nature's moisture.
I may follow suit, too. I like the sleeping in part. Plus, I like Silver Diner and there's one nearby.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #65
Rufnek
U.S. Army
 
Rufnek's Avatar
 
Drives: SLP ZL454
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
I may follow suit, too. I like the sleeping in part. Plus, I like Silver Diner and there's one nearby.
Never been there but heard good things. I am going to skip Katie's, the roads are still way to wet over here for me to take her out of the garage before noon tomorrow. I will check out the Fair Oaks meet Sunday and hopefully see some of you there.
__________________
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.” - George Orwell
Rufnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #66
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufnek View Post
Never been there but heard good things. I am going to skip Katie's, the roads are still way to wet over here for me to take her out of the garage before noon tomorrow. I will check out the Fair Oaks meet Sunday and hopefully see some of you there.
What's the address and time for the Fair Oaks gathering on Sundays.. be a good cruise down I may stop by if the weather is great.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #67
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
What's the address and time for the Fair Oaks gathering on Sundays.. be a good cruise down I may stop by if the weather is great.

Khols parking lot.... Fair Lakes
12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

8:30am

Anyone chime in if I'm wrong.......
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #68
MYDLIFECRISIS

 
MYDLIFECRISIS's Avatar
 
Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 2,116
Is this a regular thing?? I live right around the corner from there.
__________________
2012 Camaro SS 2SS 45TH Anniversary Edition


MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #69
Nameless
 
Nameless's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS & 1996 RS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Is this a regular thing?? I live right around the corner from there.
Yep, the Kohls Sunday thing is. There are some nice turnouts when the weather is nice. Sounds like a few people are thinking of going so I may ride over there tomorrow morning if it stays dry since I live 5 minutes away.
__________________
2012 SS - Summit White
1996 RS - Summit White
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #70
SS4Fun
and that it is!!
 
SS4Fun's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SLP ZL575 #70
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: N. Virginia
Posts: 1,015
Hey.... just a heads up...... last time I was on the Fairfax County Parkway down that way.... they were milling/paving right around round Route 50 bridge???? Just Say'n
__________________
SS4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #71
RedVictory
Luv my LS3
 
RedVictory's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
When Tony's Corvette tunes a car......it turns into a beast!! Great shop!!
I cant say enough great things about them. Im planning on making some of these meets around NOVA when it warms up.
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 AM   #72
mntgome1

 
mntgome1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Home of the Blue Crab
Posts: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWM View Post
When Tony's Corvette tunes a car......it turns into a beast!! Great shop!!
Say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
I cant say enough great things about them. Im planning on making some of these meets around NOVA when it warms up.
I just wish they werent so damn busy... But I guess thats a good thing. I had Tony's tune my SC and to be honest I havent stopped smiling since March of last year.
__________________
mntgome1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #73
RedVictory
Luv my LS3
 
RedVictory's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
Say....



I just wish they werent so damn busy... But I guess thats a good thing. I had Tony's tune my SC and to be honest I havent stopped smiling since March of last year.
Dave is one of their C4-C6 mechanics, and he has a 5th gen LS. He is the ONLY guy I trust to work on my car. I have found that quality mechanics are in short supply around here.

He takes better care of my car than I do! If anyone needs work done, ask for him and tell him Zack sent you.
RedVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #74
Baltimorejohn1

 
Baltimorejohn1's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,229
Someone asked and here it is......

Baltimorejohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #75
Baltimorejohn1

 
Baltimorejohn1's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: DC Metro
Posts: 1,229
This is the one with the Saleen S7.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...43#post6300743
Baltimorejohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.