Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Jonster

Drives: '12 2ss IOM Camaro Vert
Help me buy my new camaro!

So I am planning on buying a new IOM 2LT A6 convertible sometime this week.
My plan to fully load it with:
RS package
Heritage Grill
Argent color Ground Effects
Rally & Hockey stripe
IOM interior

Right now the chevy website would quote me at 41,970 MSRP.
True car puts the average invoice around 40,000.

Is this what I should expect the invoice to be when I ask at the dealership? Anyone have knowledge of internet invoices vs actual invoices?

Thanks!!! I want this car so bad.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
"Right now the chevy website would quote me at 41,970 MSRP"

Dang, I didnt realize that a decked out V6 cost that much. Shop around at the dealerships some more, I paid less then that for my decked out 2SS with all the above except Heritage grill and Argent grount effects. I bought mine while I was still in Hawaii so you should be able to get it alot cheaper in North Carolina. What dealership did you go to?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Jonster

So far I have only been to City Chevrolet to test drive cars. I haven't really discussed pricing with them just yet. I want to be armed with some ammo before i just talk out my ass with no facts as to what I should pay.

I am also a Costco member and know I can buy a car at invoice straight up. So hopefully that will put the dealerships in a position to get it pretty low for me.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
partymn

http://www.randymarionchevy.net/Vehi...-NC/1847977613

http://www.earnhardtchevy.com/Vehicl...-NC/1814589343

http://www.earnhardtchevy.com/Vehicl...-NC/1804759013

http://www.randymarionstatesville.co...-NC/1818429763

or if you really want to spend 40K you can stop talking about the 2LT and move up.

http://www.randymarionchevy.net/Vehi...-NC/1851220383

Time to get off the internet and go out to the dealers. Get an idea of what you are willing to spend, find the car that you want and offer 8K below what ever they are asking and go from there. Your target price should be invoice which you can find at edmounds.com. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
partymn

I wish you would have posted this on friday, I was in your area and could have helped you out with the dealerships. I used to do this for my younger guys in the military, its really fun. Most sales managers are good people, they are just looking out for the bottom line of the dealership. If you work with them they will work with you.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
Jonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I wish you would have posted this on friday, I was in your area and could have helped you out with the dealerships. I used to do this for my younger guys in the military, its really fun. Most sales managers are good people, they are just looking out for the bottom line of the dealership. If you work with them they will work with you.
awe damn hah. come back!

Thanks for all the info!

I decided to go with the LT because I am really buying the camaro for the cosmetics more than performance. I do want some power though, don't get me wrong. If I had the money I would easily go for the exact car in 2ss form, but that is just way out of my price range and a used doesn't exist anywhere near me.

I'll start calling around and see what I can get and update.

Edit: Keep in mind this is a convertible
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
partymn

Some times you have to go out a 100 miles from where you are to find the best deals. If you can save 300 by going 100 miles away and only spend 100 getting there and back then its worth it. Plus I love road trips.

I will be back in two weeks I think well 100 miles away I think. I am planning to go to fayetteville drag way ina couple of weeks. Their are some pretty damn good deals in that area as well.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Jonster

after talking with the dealers...most of them are saying "its gonna be hard to get any new car under invoice..." I find that to be bullshit.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
DagoCountyGee

Drives: 2013 BRM Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
So far I have only been to City Chevrolet to test drive cars. I haven't really discussed pricing with them just yet. I want to be armed with some ammo before i just talk out my ass with no facts as to what I should pay.

I am also a Costco member and know I can buy a car at invoice straight up. So hopefully that will put the dealerships in a position to get it pretty low for me.

Do you have to sign up for something at Costco or do you just tell the dealer you are a Costco member?
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I got my SS for less than that. If I were you I would just get an SS. I have seen several dealerships offer SS for cheaper than MSRP. If you have to have the V6 then shop around on the Internet, you may have to travel a little but the savings may be worth it.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
kevin1106

Drives: 2014 3LT-Z51 Vert
Got my SS for 38 out the door.... Get a v8 man.... Nothing against the v6 owners. But every v6 owner that upgraded to an SS wish the bought the v8 in the first place.. JMO...

At that price your getting quoted... Why not?
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
40k holy cow! I bet you you can buy that blue tjin edition sema Camaro.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182082

Offer him 40k. His asking price will be close to your "true car" value after taxes and title.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
Jonster

I would love an SS, but honestly everything I found is out of my price range or is 1000+ miles away. Keeping in mind I want a convertible. I have always wanted a convertible and a camaro looks awesome, that that is my first feature I want.

I am also being very specific with my picks. I absolutely love IOM w/ IOM interior. After checking online, there isn't many V6 or v8 with that selection as a convertible. Most of the 2ss's are way out of my price range.

Things to keep in mind: I have a car to trade in, which makes things iffy. I will definitely keep my options open though for what may arise.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Jonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Do you have to sign up for something at Costco or do you just tell the dealer you are a Costco member?
I am already a Costco member and yes I told him I am a member. The Costco program attaches you to dealerships that honor the discount.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #16
Jonster

May have found a winner.....I will be shocked if this car works out for me...Update later
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
2LTvert
Ben

Drives: Yellow LFX Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
May have found a winner.....I will be shocked if this car works out for me...Update later

Good luck! I did my homework and provided my dealship with VINs and locations of Camaros in a 200 miles radius. They had no choice but to work with me or I would have taken my business else where. Purchased my 2012 2LT/RS just under 34K..includes warranty, title, lifetime free car washes and first 2 oil changes.
2LTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #18
Jonster

Alright so here is the deal thus far...I think I found a gem in the rough

2012 2ss Convertible IOM w/ IOM interior A6
-RS package
-Body color ground effects package
-Body paint engine cover
-Black rally stripe package

Kicker: it's a used car with 575 miles. 1 owner.
Out the door price atm is just under 42k.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
partymn

Not bad. With the mileage so low you can still get it financed at a new car rate also. The new car interest rate is normally lower and can be financed longer than a used car loan.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
Jonster

I need help from someone! Story in short blurbs:
-Car is being bought from out of state and shipped to NC
-Car only has 500 miles and has been checked already
-Car gets shipped to NC....

At this point, does the NC dealer HAVE to GM certify it again? Or can I just accept the warranty as is since it was checked out of state and skip the charges of having to get it re-certified?

I just dont see the benefit of having to get it GM certified with a clean carfax....unless they are obligated to do so.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
partymn

I beleive that a certified used car, once certified by GM, dodge, or who ever, does not need to be redone unless the car is sold to a customer. Give me a bit, I am verifying that information.

The warrenty is good for 36 months or 36000 miles and transerable no matter how many times the car is sold in that time period. Whether or not it is a certified used car has no bearing on the factory warrenty at all. For this reason it is a bad idea to accempt the extra expense of the extended warrenty that they are going to offer you, just deny it and move on. If you get an opportunity, PM me the sales document and I can tell you what expenses to have them take off the price off the car. Please DO NOT send me the one with your personnal information on it and under no cercumstances should you sign any sale paperwork until you have put your azz in the drivers seat and checked it out for yourself.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #22
Jonster

Going to dealership later today to finalize my car. Hopefully it goes well....will update later!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #23
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Holy crap 40k for a v6!?!?!? I paid 38,800 out the door (including taxes, title, liscense) for my 2012 2SS/RS and I have everything but a sunroof. Don't take this the wrong way but if you pay 42k for a used v6 you are insane!
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
Jonster

Hah yeah the v6 was way overpriced. I am going for the 2ss convertible stated previously.

I am trying to get him to go down to 40k, but I have a trade in to haggle still.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I am so glad you went for the SS Jonster!!! 40K for a V6 just sounds wrong. I hope it goes well for you and you get your dream car. Good Luck Buddy!!!