Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #51
2010 CAMARO SS RS
 
2010 CAMARO SS RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
way to over priced, could get better for way less
they arent really over priced. look at the other systems
2010 CAMARO SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 AM   #52
ColeJJones
 
Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
way to over priced, could get better for way less
agree, but the sound is amazing. my corsa tour exhaust for my cobalt ss/sc was hella expensive
ColeJJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #53
WeeZee
 
Drives: SuperSport's
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 382
Sick, mate it up to a set of Kooks longtubes and eargasums will happen very often
__________________
2002 Chevy CamaroSS MN6
'08 Chevy TBSS AWD "DD"
Plans : 2013 CamaroSS 1LE
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #54
blackedout010
 
Drives: on order black 2010 2ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: north carolina
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 CAMARO SS RS View Post
they arent really over priced. look at the other systems
very true!!! since the car is brand new i think most are all over priced!! o well you gotta pay to play!!
blackedout010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #55
camarofreak
 
camarofreak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Silverado LT
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 CAMARO SS RS View Post
As featured on homepage.



This exhaust will be available the middle of June
sounds awesome!!
camarofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #56
ponycrusher21
 
ponycrusher21's Avatar
 
Drives: the passenger seat
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: awesometown,tn
Posts: 371
mmmmm
__________________


Ponycrusher 21
ponycrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #57
blackss2
 
Drives: white RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5
GmPartsDirect.com has the Corsa exhaust systems, part numbers 14951 and 14952. I have bought my accessories there and I haven' found a cheaper price on the GM accessories. They have a lot of the 2010 Camaro accessories in stock.

If you place an order with them and order part number c5gmpdhat you receive a free hat with your purchase.
blackss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #58
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackss2 View Post
GmPartsDirect.com has the Corsa exhaust systems, part numbers 14951 and 14952. I have bought my accessories there and I haven' found a cheaper price on the GM accessories. They have a lot of the 2010 Camaro accessories in stock.

If you place an order with them and order part number c5gmpdhat you receive a free hat with your purchase.
Ouch $1442!
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #59
JJ2010

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Smithfield,NC
Posts: 1,202
Where are the sound clips or videos of the L99 Corsa exhaust?????
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #60
Melson
 
Melson's Avatar
 
Drives: Wild Cherry
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 430
Thats a few bucks..........but its good stuff..........
__________________

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #61
Musclebee
 
Musclebee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
Where are the sound clips or videos of the L99 Corsa exhaust?????
Had a busy weekend did not get to drive the car much. Husband and son had to pull a motor out of our boat. (Need one of them to record) Will try to get a clip this week. Do not know why Corsa did not get a clip of the L99 when they had it. All I can say so far is the car sounds great when you start it up and when it is idling. Trying to find an area where I can take it on a straight away and have someone record it. Sorrrry!!!!!
Musclebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #62
JJ2010

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Smithfield,NC
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclebee View Post
Had a busy weekend did not get to drive the car much. Husband and son had to pull a motor out of our boat. (Need one of them to record) Will try to get a clip this week. Do not know why Corsa did not get a clip of the L99 when they had it. All I can say so far is the car sounds great when you start it up and when it is idling. Trying to find an area where I can take it on a straight away and have someone record it. Sorrrry!!!!!
Thanks for all your help....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #63
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Acadia Denali
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by presholt33 View Post
IS THAT A CAT-BACK AND IF SO IS IT 3" WITH X PIPE
i think 2 1/2 and yes catback. i cant wait to hear borla. mine should be coming in tomorrow.
__________________

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #64
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette
 
Restroom's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 189
Thumbs up

Sure, $1500 is a lot for an exhaust parts-only, but from every system I've "heard" it sounds the best, and I know I'm buying quality, as well. The problem is, in six months there are going to be twenty other systems out there I haven't "heard", possibly some of which sound better.
I get the feeling, however, with Corsa, that if I'm dissatisfied with the product, they'll work with me. Soon as my order has a VIN, I think I'll go ahead and call Corsa.

There's only so much we can do shopping exhausts sight-unseen. It sure would be handy to have a traveling Camaro exhaust install sideshow so we could actually compare apples to apples, but that's not gonna happen.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #65
davidj
 
davidj's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by electlatino View Post
this sounds awesome!! and at under 1500 installed, i'll definately be getting these.

please keep us posted.

i agree that the no mufflers sounded nice, but here in california, that's not going to fly
What makes you think that? I don't think the mufflers have anything to do with emissions. Also the no mufflers did not sound any louder then some of these aftermarket kits. Do you know of a specific rule that does not allow this? Thanks, Dave
__________________
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #66
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
What makes you think that? I don't think the mufflers have anything to do with emissions. Also the no mufflers did not sound any louder then some of these aftermarket kits. Do you know of a specific rule that does not allow this? Thanks, Dave
While I don't live in Cali I believe the CARB rules specify noise as well as output, and require a visual inspection of the exhaust and that the original or CARB certified replacements of all original parts be in place.

Basically they are looking for mufflers, if they arent there you arent passing. JMO
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #67
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
Sure, $1500 is a lot for an exhaust parts-only, but from every system I've "heard" it sounds the best, and I know I'm buying quality, as well. The problem is, in six months there are going to be twenty other systems out there I haven't "heard", possibly some of which sound better.
I get the feeling, however, with Corsa, that if I'm dissatisfied with the product, they'll work with me. Soon as my order has a VIN, I think I'll go ahead and call Corsa.

There's only so much we can do shopping exhausts sight-unseen. It sure would be handy to have a traveling Camaro exhaust install sideshow so we could actually compare apples to apples, but that's not gonna happen.

Ive paid it before for CORSA and its worth the money.... Id just preferit to be less money LOL.

I think I paid $1000 for my CORSA exhaust on my C5... I don't remember....
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #68
davidj
 
davidj's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura, Ca
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
While I don't live in Cali I believe the CARB rules specify noise as well as output, and require a visual inspection of the exhaust and that the original or CARB certified replacements of all original parts be in place.

Basically they are looking for mufflers, if they arent there you arent passing. JMO
I guess I'm lucky having a friend that owns a smog station. I'm not going to say what I did not have, but I did pass smog.
__________________
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #69
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
I guess I'm lucky having a friend that owns a smog station. I'm not going to say what I did not have, but I did pass smog.
Heh... my TTA had a test pipe in place of the cat and I "passed" NY smog too, at a friends shop... hehehehe....
__________________
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #70
SGOS252382


 
SGOS252382's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.W. Florida
Posts: 6,281
Corsa is a great exhaust.
I've used Flowmaster, Borla, Hooker, Magna Flow, and Corsa on my previous cars (94z28, 99z28, 05 GTO, 06 GTO).

My favorite exhaust for sound, quality/workmanship, and appearance is Corsa. It gives you the best combination of aggressive sound with no drone and quiet cruise. And its definately the best looking exhaust.

The only negative thing I can say about Corsa Exhausts are their weight. Corsa Exhaust tend to weigh more than other exhaust because of the way the exhaust is made. They use heavy duty clamps and thick walled stainless construction on everything. So the exhaust ends up being pretty heavy.
__________________
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #71
Musclebee
 
Musclebee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
Where are the sound clips or videos of the L99 Corsa exhaust?????
Talked to Corsa today, they did not video my car only the 6 speed. Took the car to work today. Only got it up to about 55 mph. Seems like everyone around here was on a Sunday drive if you know what I mean driving really slowwwww. The car sounds really good there is a little rumble at about 1700 rpm must be when the 4 cyclinder mode kicks in, but it is not bad. It kind of sounds like the system Corsa has for the Corvette. Hope this helps.
Musclebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #72
JJ2010

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Smithfield,NC
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclebee View Post
Talked to Corsa today, they did not video my car only the 6 speed. Took the car to work today. Only got it up to about 55 mph. Seems like everyone around here was on a Sunday drive if you know what I mean driving really slowwwww. The car sounds really good there is a little rumble at about 1700 rpm must be when the 4 cyclinder mode kicks in, but it is not bad. It kind of sounds like the system Corsa has for the Corvette. Hope this helps.
Thanks for keeping us updated.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:21 PM   #73
Rodrunner
Senior Member
 
Rodrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: So. Maryland
Posts: 2,333
The GM, Borla, is now available through CamaroScotty's Newman Chevrolet. P/N 92206992 with tips (V8) - $950.00, $1049.00 installed. So it should be available at all dealerships...price will vary.
__________________
2SS/RS - Black/Black - CGM Rally Stripes - Auto - VIN 10171
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #74
Musclebee
 
Musclebee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS Delivered on 4/23
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 232
Here is the clips of my car with the Corsa exhaust.



Musclebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #75
JJ2010

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Smithfield,NC
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclebee View Post
Here is the clips of my car with the Corsa exhaust.



You have made my day..........

That sounds awesome........

Thanks for sharing.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.