Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 11-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
jonaohana

Drives: Camaro V6 2010
Vararam Air Intake Review + Install Question

Vararam Air Intake Review + Install Question

Installed the Vararam intake. WOW. What a difference. There is usable power gains
throughout the entire RPM range. More impressively is the power gains on the freeway.
I always felt that the camaro's v6 was a little under powered at 80mph+ & up. Vararam fixes
that lacking, I now enjoy mashing the throttle and hearing that new exotic sound.

For those of you who are looking for a deeper engine sound without the drone, this is
the ultimate fix. Reason being, its loud when you get on it and back to stock when your
cruising. This was a huge suprise for me, I can't state how nice the noise is when your WOT.
I almost would of bought the intake just for the noise! Ill post some sound clips later.

Do I believe "**Guaranteed gains of 3 tenths or 3 mph through the ¼ mile. ½ second gains on 0-60 times**",
although I haven't digitally verified it, Iam going to respond to this claim with "something like that".

The only con with this CAI is the breather it came with. It squeals and squeaks on idle to
the point where my neighbor thought my timing belt was out.

Looked on the forums and the general consensus is to plug the "breather pipe" coming
out of the back of the engine & opt for a oil breather cap.

For reasons beyond me , I don't like it. So I thought of putting a mini air intake on the end
of the tube. I don't know if this is a good idea, so maybe some of you gear-heads can help.

Iam thinking its no problem, oil gets air and thats that! Let me know your thoughts!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  73.6 KB
jonaohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Believe you just cap that off if you have the RX breather it goes on in place of the oil cap
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #3
Gator6977

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
I got mine second hand and it did not come with the breather. So, I went to my local store and grabbed one and have had absolutely no problems with it. Had mine installed for almost a year and still loving it. Here's a link to the one I'm using.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...ier=782870_0_0_
Old 11-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
jonaohana

Drives: Camaro V6 2010
Instead of the breather I put this
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=266497_0_0_

is that a good idea?
jonaohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Couldn't agree more . . . the sounds is something you have to hear to believe.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best air intake, cai, vararam