Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #126
InsanelyyBored
 
InsanelyyBored's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2LT RS Inferno Orange Camaro
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 33
If not "mono" you could call it "The Stormtrooper"
__________________
InsanelyyBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #127
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanelyyBored View Post
If not "mono" you could call it "The Stormtrooper"
Haha I know everyone has been saying it looks like a stormtrooper, personally I dont see it and there is already another member that has that name and build thread haha, thanks for the input though man
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #128
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
This is what your car reminds me of. Evil, yet beautiful haha. Just need some blue halos
Hahaha thanks for the compliments mack I know and I actually love the blue halos I had them on my last camaro I just need to take the time to get it all done and all worked out to get them put in haha
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #129
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I disagree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
2010 steering wheel and dash vents are much better than current builds.
What exactly do you guys mean by dash vents and steering wheel
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #130
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,353
Our dash vents and our steering wheels are different than the current model! My personal opinion is i like the first style much better with the SS in there and not another BIG GOLD BOWTIE!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #131
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Our dash vents and our steering wheels are different than the current model! My personal opinion is i like the first style much better with the SS in there and not another BIG GOLD BOWTIE!
I love the steering wheel, and the dash insert on my 2012. I dont like the bowtie, like you said, but it looks much better if you just cover it with vinyl, paint, etc.

I want my center vent to be black, so im going to pull it out one day to do that.

Everyone has their own preference though, it all looks good to me.


Except for 2013 rims lol
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #132
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Our dash vents and our steering wheels are different than the current model! My personal opinion is i like the first style much better with the SS in there and not another BIG GOLD BOWTIE!
Huh, Thats interesting I bet they did that to make them universal to save a penny or two, I feel like if you go and spend the extra money on the SS there should be the small little extra things that the V6 doesnt have other than the engine of course, but they should put a little more in it just imo
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #133
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I love the steering wheel, and the dash insert on my 2012. I dont like the bowtie, like you said, but it looks much better if you just cover it with vinyl, paint, etc.

I want my center vent to be black, so im going to pull it out one day to do that.

Everyone has their own preference though, it all looks good to me.


Except for 2013 rims lol
Haha im not a huge fan of the new rims either, they dont look bad but they sure arent as mean looking as the older ones

Make sure you do a DIY thread on how to do that with pics on how it comes out im really interested to see
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #134
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]
 
vroomapunk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Haha im not a huge fan of the new rims either, they dont look bad but they sure arent as mean looking as the older ones

Make sure you do a DIY thread on how to do that with pics on how it comes out im really interested to see
Yeah, its part of the scheme on the photoshop on the first page of my build thread, that I want the interior to look like.

But Ive heard its screwed in from the back! So id have to go in behind the dash somehow to get it out.

That and I want to paint the door panels and dash trim from behind. Most people paint the outside and it doesnt look as factory. Also painting the outside usually covers up the ABL
__________________
vroomapunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #135
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Yeah, its part of the scheme on the photoshop on the first page of my build thread, that I want the interior to look like.

But Ive heard its screwed in from the back! So id have to go in behind the dash somehow to get it out.

That and I want to paint the door panels and dash trim from behind. Most people paint the outside and it doesnt look as factory. Also painting the outside usually covers up the ABL
Nice I had mine painted on my old camaro but neither of them had the ABL so i didnt lose anything this car i got covered in white suede and i am truly happy with it
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #136
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
A couple pictures of my engine cover that I custom painted, Not a lot but gives the engine bay a little more pop
Attached Images
 
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #137
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Full view
Attached Images
 
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #138
Dizzy

 
Dizzy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2011 2ss
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: reseda, Ca
Posts: 1,085
Hey bro ur car looks awesome and welcome to the club
__________________
Dizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #139
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Hey bro ur car looks awesome and welcome to the club
Thanks man I appreciate it you sound like a great group of guys I can't wait to meet everyone, here's just a random picture I took tonight while I was waiting for a friend
Attached Images
 
__________________

Last edited by Behic2320; 01-17-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #140
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,353
Looking real clean, wished we had your weather up here!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #141
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Looking real clean, wished we had your weather up here!
Dude I hat the cold haha it literally just warmed up this week haha 75 and sunny god I love San Diego haha
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #142
sam.u.el
 
sam.u.el's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 336
Thought i'd come over and take a peak at your build and I gotta say, nice looking car man!
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #143
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012
 
pierre777's Avatar
 
Drives: Cyber Bullet
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: lebanon
Posts: 4,572
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Engine cover looks great you should also paint the fuse box cover white too as it would look great withe cover IMO
__________________
pierre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #144
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Engine cover looks great you should also paint the fuse box cover white too as it would look great withe cover IMO
Thanks Pierre I'm definitely painting my fuse box I just haven't taken the time to do it yet but thanks for the input big man I have my side skirts that are going on to the car on Tuesday do I'm super exited for that
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #145
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
Thought i'd come over and take a peak at your build and I gotta say, nice looking car man!
Hahaha well thanks for stoping by man, I appreciate the compliments it really means a lot I've invested a lot of time and hard work into her, I'm extremely happy that other people enjoy her as much as I do
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #146
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,567
Excellent! You'll love the look of be side skirt man. Congrats!

Also, I'll get around to answering the PM you sent me in more depth, it will just take longer .
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #147
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Officially part of the clubgot my new Headturners emblem on and I also painted my tail light bezels and man does it make it pop
Attached Images
 
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #148
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Excellent! You'll love the look of be side skirt man. Congrats!

Also, I'll get around to answering the PM you sent me in more depth, it will just take longer .
Haha appreciate it tommy and yea man I'm pretty stoked to get them on the whole body kit part will be done which will be nice and yea man get back to me when you can no rush haha

On another note I got together with all the guys at the meet today and it was really cool meeting everyone, it's a great group of guys but I hear you don't show up that much anymore haha when are you and I going to get some picks of these badass white and black camaros together hahaha
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #149
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]
 
TCAT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On Earth
Posts: 5,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behic2320 View Post
Haha appreciate it tommy and yea man I'm pretty stoked to get them on the whole body kit part will be done which will be nice and yea man get back to me when you can no rush haha

On another note I got together with all the guys at the meet today and it was really cool meeting everyone, it's a great group of guys but I hear you don't show up that much anymore haha when are you and I going to get some picks of these badass white and black camaros together hahaha
Haha, yeah, it's tough because I either work, or my car is down getting worked on. Today is one of those days where I have holes all over my car just because there is no spoiler, roof XM antenna, etc. Soon enough, we'll get everyone together and take pics! It'll kick some ass too, I'll tell you that.
__________________
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #150
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13
 
Behic2320's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS/RS Supercharged LS3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sandy Eggo
Posts: 2,510
No kidding man it would be super sweet to get all these badass cars together Leo was like we need you on one side of him and me on the other with all our vert doors up and white/orange/white
__________________
Behic2320 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
camaro of the week

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.