Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #647
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ivan, how long have you been beating your wife?

V6, do you have your drinking problem under control?

Accusations that plant seeds of doubt about a person's character are used in courtrooms and in politics because it taints the person in question even though it isn't true. Perhaps I am wrong and the two of you have proof to support your allegations. If the two of you have proof, post it here. Post it NOW. If you don't have proof, edit your posts with apologies.

If you don't have access to the internet from the County Holding Cell, maybe the corrections officer will do it for you.

NOTE: These statements are NOT true. There are used only to demonstrate anyone can make unfounded allegations to make a person look bad in the eyes of others on a forum.

Ivan, how long have you been beating your wife?
V6, do you have your drinking problem under control?
If you don't have access to the internet from the County Holding Cell, maybe the corrections officer will do it for you.

NOTE: These statements are NOT true. There are used only to demonstrate anyone can make unfounded allegations to make a person look bad in the eyes of others on a forum.

very good analogy!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #648
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITMerc View Post
Spot on Ivan!

I can absolutely see keeping Indy as the rotating location for the East side but this event should have come to the MIDDLE this year. SE, SW, NE, NE... What happened to the MIDDLE...?

Looks like I won't be going to C5fest this year and will instead be going to the Camaro Revolution in Texas. In fact I bet very few folks from Texas go to C5fest at all and thats a big group of cars. For sure none of the heavy hitters from Houston or Dallas will be going.

I understand that you can't make everybody happy but this event needs to follow a geographical 3 site rotation... West, middle, east. Wash, rinse, repeat. If the participation demographic's don't support a 3 area rotation then SAY SO but a middle location can draw from both opposite coasts. Always expecting the middle to keep traveling the farthest isn't realistic and this year you're going to see the fallout from that when Texas pretty much opts out.

Best wishes regardless.
Have fun at Camaro Revolution!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #649
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: Longest things on Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The only thing holding me back is getting my 1LE, but having one by august should be doable. I don't care where it is and will have fun on the way there and back. If my job won't give me the time off, I will be "sick".
When I grew up and was living in Minnesota we called it the three two flu, as you could purchase 3.2 % alcohol content beer.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #650
Mr. Unassailable

Drives: 2010 2SS MT, 2010 SHO, 2004 S60R
After a few days to calm down, I'm still blown away. Maybe in a few months I'll settle down and plan to ship my car / fly. But there's no way I'm driving my car east of the Mississippi again unless its straight across 10 to Florida. (And yes I know, about 50 miles of that drive through LA is rough, I make that drive from Houston to New Orleans several times a month). But I still have tar on my paint from the last drive to Indy.

If / when it comes to Texas, you will see... "Build it and they will come." Then you will have to have it here every year because the turn out will be 2X any other fest ever, maybe much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

...and someday my Chargers will win the Super Bowl and when they do.
Thought I was the only Chargers fan left...

I survived C5F3!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #651
Mr. Unassailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I would like to know the amount of people from houston that went to Camarofest II and was ok with that? I seriously cant see how they are acting like thats any closer for them. The drive from Houston to Indy is the same time from Houston to Phoenix and actually less miles going to INDY. So unless its directly in TEXAS all these people complaining will never be happy unless its in Texas, thats what when you live in the biggest State and really south at that, anywhere else is always going to be a drive.

No matter what your probably driving ten hours if it isn't held in San Antonio, Houston or Dallas. Hell Dallas to Houston is still a six hour plus drive.
6 hours Houston to Dallas? Have you even looked at a map lately?

3:52 down town to downtown. And anyone that makes the drive can assure you that with the new 75 speed limit, its more like 3:30 or less.

It's not the distance, it is the location. I'd rather go to the West Coast than the "Midwest." If the drew a 750 mile circle around Indy and covered it in so the could not see anything, then scratched out everything north east of there, and picked ANY other place left on the map, I would of said "Well it's not Texas but its better than Indy." But instead, I just said "WTF?!?" And I still hope this is just a bad dream.

I survived C5F3!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #652
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The only thing holding me back is getting my 1LE, but having one by august should be doable. I don't care where it is and will have fun on the way there and back. If my job won't give me the time off, I will be "sick".
Get a bottle of ipecac.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ML_yK...%3DML_yKt_SzvI
Old 11-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #653
Mr. Unassailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Have fun at Camaro Revolution!
I assure you, we will.

I survived C5F3!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #654
Mr. Unassailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
A lot of the complaining was the drive to Indy. It was flat out HORRIBLE from Texas to Indy. NONE of us want to do that drive again. Ugh...

Now...the drive from Texas to AZ??? TOTALLY different situation. Flat, perfectly paved roads, no traffic, and incredibly smooth driving. EASY drive. EASY.

Indy? HORRIBLE. TRAFFIC, road closures, traffic jams, poorly paved roads. HORRIBLE.

See...this is a big part of the event. Driving 4 days takes up a lot of time for a two day event. 4 days of bla for two days........it's not good enough for a lot of people. Sucks.
^ exactly.

While I can appreciate the work that will be put in on this fest, I still feel its a failure. I'll make a real sig to match my tapatalk sig when I get home.

- Clayton. Official C5Fail4 hater.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #655
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
I still feel its a failure.
I'm sorry that you feel that fest is a failure.... I feel it is going to be a huge success!

I'm pretty sure they picked Indy again because it was a "quick" way to get the fest set in stone..... Freeing up manpower to start planning farther out. This years decision appears to be a stepping stone for future fest's!!!!

Maybe we will see Fest plans being set 1-2 years out!!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #656
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Just sayin'...........................I mean showin'. A lot of dark in that left half until you get to the coast.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #657
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Here is 1 from east coast that will meet west coast for 2014, Fest5 in TEXAS. Plan ahead now, set it back up for early spring for cooler temps. Out of 3 fests, Indy was third, Chandler was awesome for track time, but none compare to the fun we had in Valdosta. Indy did have the best parking lot party ( Texas Bar! ). Now, take the best from each, and fest would be off the chain, fun.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #658
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #659
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #660
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
love that cat.

Do you think you will fly in for Fest?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #661
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
We hid over 30 grumpy cats on my coworkers desk the other day. He still hasn't found them all. Lol makes me cry from laughing.

Nahhh, won't be heading to Indy next year. Might head to Texas for their shindig in April, MAYBE.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #662
jewel25
Nov 20, 2016

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
We hid over 30 grumpy cats on my coworkers desk the other day. He still hasn't found them all. Lol makes me cry from laughing.

Nahhh, won't be heading to Indy next year. Might head to Texas for their shindig in April, MAYBE.
Yeah even with Indy being a half a day drive I am kind of bummed. I was hoping TX or southeast, but both would be insanely hot in Aug. hoping for TX next April.

That is funny about the cats. I would probably have gotten yelled at for "wasting" paper. I don't think it is a waste
Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #663
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
Here is 1 from east coast that will meet west coast for 2014, Fest5 in TEXAS. Plan ahead now, set it back up for early spring for cooler temps. Out of 3 fests, Indy was third, Chandler was awesome for track time, but none compare to the fun we had in Valdosta. Indy did have the best parking lot party ( Texas Bar! ). Now, take the best from each, and fest would be off the chain, fun.
Coming from another person who's been to all 3 fests..

You nailed it right there, except I thing Chandler was a close 3rd..