Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Redline Goods
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Drives: 2011 SUPERCHARGED Camero SS
how to install map sensor

Any easy way to install ZR1 map sensor without removing SC ?
Thanks
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, LS7 clutch,Billet Hurst shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, Weld Racing wheels,Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
bikerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
az'rail

Drives: the wife crazy
It's fairly easy. Just remove the bolt that is holding the old MAP sensor on. Carefully wiggle and pull the old one. It might take some time to wiggle it out but if you try to pry it out you might end up snapping the nipple on the sensor causing the broken parts to fall inside the SC. And of course unplug the electrical connector. It's in the back of the SC passanger side of the SC, it's a bit of a tight squeeze but it can be done in about 30 min. When you put on the new on lube the oring and wiggle and push it in. If you use the bolt to seat the sensor you might snap the little nipple. Just be patient, make sure it's seated and then install and tighten the bolt. Finally reconnect the electrical connector.
az'rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Drives: 2011 SUPERCHARGED Camero SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by az'rail View Post
It's fairly easy. Just remove the bolt that is holding the old MAP sensor on. Carefully wiggle and pull the old one. It might take some time to wiggle it out but if you try to pry it out you might end up snapping the nipple on the sensor causing the broken parts to fall inside the SC. And of course unplug the electrical connector. It's in the back of the SC passanger side of the SC, it's a bit of a tight squeeze but it can be done in about 30 min. When you put on the new on lube the oring and wiggle and push it in. If you use the bolt to seat the sensor you might snap the little nipple. Just be patient, make sure it's seated and then install and tighten the bolt. Finally reconnect the electrical connector.
Thanks, will tackle it this week
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, LS7 clutch,Billet Hurst shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, Weld Racing wheels,Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
bikerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
Whats the deference between the stock ss MAP and ZR1 sensor?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3fastss View Post
Whats the deference between the stock ss MAP and ZR1 sensor?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
ZR1 sensor will allow your factory computer to read boost. You will need a tune for it to work I believe.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
xjer22x

Drives: 2010 rs/ss black # 10,308
Correct. I installed one just before I had my car tuned and the tuner calibrated it for me.

sent from my galaxy s3. that would explain the errors.
xjer22x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #7
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
The tune adjustments are easy if you have a way to do it. Change 2 numbers and your done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote