Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
SD2011SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS-RS
sct tuner question.

Sold my sct flash tuner to my buddy, got my car dyno tuned and the shop told me I could sell the handheld unit so I did. It showed my old custom tune for my intake and exhaust, my buddy has been trying to load that tune into his car but seems like he can't bc it sends an error code "1023" (no custom tune found) even though its in the machine as an option. I recall when I had to upload my tune I pulled a couple fuses but can't remember which.. any ideas on how to resolve this??
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Did you unbind the tuner from your car and set it back to stock? These tuners bind to only one car at a time so one person cannot buy a tuner and give it to 100 of their friends to use too.
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Did you unbind the tuner from your car and set it back to stock? These tuners bind to only one car at a time so one person cannot buy a tuner and give it to 100 of their friends to use too.
correct you will find that the tuner is still married to your car and needs to have the stock file returned from the handcontroller to the original vehicle, also a custom tune from one vehicle will not load into another
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '12 SS/RS LS3 IBM
The best thing to do is call SCT, they have some very helpfull people in their tech support.

Could be a couple things... original tune not loaded back into your car, still married to your VIN, plus the custom tune is VIN specific. If you can't unmarry it to your car, best thing to do is call SCT and see if they have any other solutions.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
SD2011SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS-RS
I got my car dyno tuned on Monday, ryne @cms told me I could sell it at that point without any problems.. so could it just be that my custom tune is not usable on anyone else's car?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
correct you will find that the tuner is still married to your car and needs to have the stock file returned from the handcontroller to the original vehicle, also a custom tune from one vehicle will not load into another
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2011SS View Post
I got my car dyno tuned on Monday, ryne @cms told me I could sell it at that point without any problems.. so could it just be that my custom tune is not usable on anyone else's car?
This.
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
Let it be known the reset of the handheld is not free either...
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter 650 package - JBA Mids + Hi-Flo Cats - Borla/Magnaflow - Savini 3pc Forged - APL CF Front Splitter - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JBL Sub/Amp/Stealthbox -
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote