Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Design Concepts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
London-SS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Has anyone dealt with Partstaxi.com??

I've been looking to purchase the ZL1 bumper conversion kit along with rocker covers.

I saw a thread from PartsTaxi on the form. Emailed them a few times but they haven't been very good with replying to emails or answering any questions.

Has anyone dealt with them before? Or can some one please suggest suggest which vendor to go for?

There are several companies selling kits that vary in the number of parts they include with the bumper. I'm brand new to Camaro's so have no idea which one's best in terms of value for money.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
London-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I haven't heard much from them. I would be worried if they are already slow to respond. Usually that's an indicator of things to come.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
rjacobs

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS CGM
I was advised to talk to Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet for factory parts.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
latino2SS

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS L99
I just purchased and received some ZL1 rockers from them at a great price. Called them after I placed my order and they answered all my questions. Never tried emailing them. They did email me order confirmation and tracking info though. Hope this helps.
Flowmaster Outlaw Axelback Exhaust, CAI Intake, Apex Scoop, Vmax TB, Elite Catch Can, Eibach Springs, CF VIS AMS Hood, Heritage Grille, Havoc Diffuser, ZL1 Rockers, ACS T4 Splitter, Glossy CF Anvil Spoiler, Showstopper Side Markers, FR Glossy Style 41's, IOM Calipers, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, CFD Tap Shifter & other stuff.
latino2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
No problems here!! Top notch IMO!!
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
London-SS

Well,I've been put off by their poor service. I'm taking my business to Gary's Customs or GM House as I hear lots of good stuff about them.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Call Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet... very top notch and professional.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Midnight Rat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
+1 for Maureen.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #9
London-SS

Cheers guys! Will look them up
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
Bad@ssCamaro
Ist State Chevy Supporter

Drives: 1SS/1LE...in 2014
I've ordered parts from them and I would say their service is very good here in the states. I'm not sure how they are for overseas. I know that their shipping costs here in the continental USA (at least in my area) were cheaper than some of the bigger name parts distributor. I have called them directly when I had an issue with one of my orders and they handled it expeditiously. I'm very happy with their service.

Also. lots of people have great things to say about Becky & Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet.
1976 LT Black/White 305 V8 (Bone Stock) except for Cragar chrome rims (yep - #2)
1985 Z-28 Black/Black 305 L69 M5(Bone Stock) I know: slow

Next Camaro:
CRT 1SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
CAFE STANDARDS! Get used to them or vote our electeds in Washington out of office...........
Bad@ssCamaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM   #11
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
I ordered gears from them, they were 110 cheaper than from the dealer. As far as the zl1 conversion goes Gary's customz is the way to go
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #12
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
I have had great luck with Rich at Abel Chevrolet.
http://www.abelgm.com/
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
I have had great luck with Rich at Abel Chevrolet.
http://www.abelgm.com/
This. He's a member here. He goes by RichieRich. I do most of my maintenance with him also, so we have a good relationship too. =)
Old 12-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
PartsTaxi.com

Drives: Parts Taxi
Thanks for all the votes of confidence guys, I do appreciate it. We were a little short handed the past couple of weeks, and slammed from the holidays. The OP sent an email asking if we could have a parts kit to CA to get into a container he was having shipped by a certain date. If memory serves, it was only a couple days out. I emailed back that I wouldn't be able to make his deadline. Would rather be honest then promise something I can't deliver. Then I started receiving multiple emails asking the same thing. Truthfully, I figured there was either something wrong with either his or my email, or there was a language barrier of some sort.
My favorite though, is that he called me, I told him that I still couldn't meet his timeline, and he tells me that there is a thread on here about my poor communication, which I find now that HE STARTED.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone for all the business. We do our best to ship all orders and answer all questions as soon as possible. Heck, there's even been a few guys from this forum that I've had pick up parts from my home (fyi, if driving in from the Baltimore/Washington area, picking up at my house instead of the dealership saves you roughly 2 hours round trip).

Please let me know anytime we can help out.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
kevin@partstaxi.com
302-703-4320
302-883-0227
PartsTaxi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
I talked with Kevin today. Nice guy. I can understand what he's talking about being a little short handed. I sent an email last week and called to follow up. I was told that they were a little backed up from doing inventory, which at this time of year, is understandable. I did reach Kevin today and went over concerns I had about converting my rear end to a ZL1. He took the time to talk to me and even told me about a part that wasn't listed and parts that I didn't need. With his prices, I can definitely see a good relationship with upcoming parts that I will be needing.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
London-SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com View Post
Thanks for all the votes of confidence guys, I do appreciate it. We were a little short handed the past couple of weeks, and slammed from the holidays. The OP sent an email asking if we could have a parts kit to CA to get into a container he was having shipped by a certain date. If memory serves, it was only a couple days out. I emailed back that I wouldn't be able to make his deadline. Would rather be honest then promise something I can't deliver. Then I started receiving multiple emails asking the same thing. Truthfully, I figured there was either something wrong with either his or my email, or there was a language barrier of some sort.
My favorite though, is that he called me, I told him that I still couldn't meet his timeline, and he tells me that there is a thread on here about my poor communication, which I find now that HE STARTED.

Anyhow, thanks again everyone for all the business. We do our best to ship all orders and answer all questions as soon as possible. Heck, there's even been a few guys from this forum that I've had pick up parts from my home (fyi, if driving in from the Baltimore/Washington area, picking up at my house instead of the dealership saves you roughly 2 hours round trip).

Please let me know anytime we can help out.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
kevin@partstaxi.com
302-703-4320
302-883-0227

Ok,this is hilarious!! Your actually claiming I don't speak the language so you couldn't help me bwahahah!
I don't think language has anything to do with bad communication on your behalf.
I speak English just as well as you do!
I sent you several emails after you informed me that you wouldn't be able to make my'specific' deadline.
I can post copies of my emails to you if you require. I simply wanted to ask when would the earliest possible delivery date be.....obviously never got a reply from you.
Also,I wasn't mentioning this thread in my emails,I started this after I gave up on your less than desirable service. I don't see why you have resorted to fabricating events when this section of the forum is exactly for this! To give feedback on the experience we have with vendors!
I have come across several other posts regarding poor service on your behalf,which I could do a search for and find for you if I was half bothered.
Fact of the matter is,I called and asked why I wasn't getting a reply and your reply was a casual 'Your too busy'. Is this not true?
Now,you come here trying to turn things around on me claiming I don't speak the language?? lol
Just because I shared my opinion about your customer service service skills doesn't mean you've not managed to satisfy other people but as far as my opinion is concerned,I hold a lower regard for your service now that I see your response to a customer grevience.
Trying to justify your short comings??! You will go far with your business my friend! Good luck,you'll need it mate!!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
got my gears from parts taxi just as fast as the dealer could get them and 110 bucks cheaper! Called to ask a question and asked for a call back and didnt get it and had to call again but they answered my question on the second try. Overall not bad but there is room for improvement. I'd probably use them again just because it was cheaper and shipped quickly.

Got the 3.91 gears in the SS last weekend! Thanks partstaxi it was as good deal.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS
I placed a order for 3.91 gears with parts taxi after reading this thread. My account says no orders placed and Iv emailed them 3 times called 3 times and left messages all 3 times. Havent heard anything from them. Its been 2 weeks. I have no idea if the order was received. I also left a message on there Facebook page. nothing. they update their page every day. Not a good way to do business. After reading another thread this seams common practice with partstaxi. no word if order even received no communication then out of the blue (after you ordered and recieved the part from some one els) your card gets charged and the item is shipped. I will be calling my cc to make sure he cant charge my card if I dont hear from them soon. From what I understand the gears are on backorder everywhere.
2012 2SS/RS M6 SIM, Painted Carbon Flash rally stripes, Elite CC, 3.91 gears, New Era ported TB, OTR, and Dyno Tune, Heritage Grill, Night Fury cam, 25%Fluidampr, Melling 296 Oil pump, Katech CR-5 chain, Cloyes LS2 HD tensioner, PAC 1205x springs and Comp Cams trunions. ARH 1 7/8" LT headers w/cats, TWM full Shifter, BMR sways, trailing arms, toe rods, delrin cradle bushings, BK039 rear control bushings, front bushings. Solo Mach-XL exhaust
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #19
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
Their is another thread about these guys on this page too. Seems like ur not the only one with issues.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #20
JCunningham

ya i read 3 of them.
2012 2SS/RS M6 SIM, Painted Carbon Flash rally stripes, Elite CC, 3.91 gears, New Era ported TB, OTR, and Dyno Tune, Heritage Grill, Night Fury cam, 25%Fluidampr, Melling 296 Oil pump, Katech CR-5 chain, Cloyes LS2 HD tensioner, PAC 1205x springs and Comp Cams trunions. ARH 1 7/8" LT headers w/cats, TWM full Shifter, BMR sways, trailing arms, toe rods, delrin cradle bushings, BK039 rear control bushings, front bushings. Solo Mach-XL exhaust
Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #21
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
i waited 2 weeks for a quote never heard back took my business elsewhere. Goodluck.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #22
JCunningham

had to cancel card because of no communication. bought through JDP. they had 2 sets in stock
Old 09-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #23
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Ordered my 3.91's from parts taxi at a great price. Arrived quick couldn't be happier
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
JCunningham

they replied 30min after i posted this. THey said the order wasnt in there system. when did you order you gears. mine came today from JDP well if i was here to sign for them they would have.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
they replied 30min after i posted this. THey said the order wasnt in there system. when did you order you gears. mine came today from JDP well if i was here to sign for them they would have.

About 3 weeks ago...price was crazy cheap
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote