Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
CodyBanks
CodyBanks

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Supercharger or twin turbo

I'm new to all of this. So what will give you overall more HP and Torque, Supercharger or Twin Turbo? I have a V6. I've been reading the new IPF supercharger is showing real good results. What twin turbo would you recommend. What kind of maintenance is needed for both. I plan to add other upgrade such as cold air intake, throttle body, exhaust and what not, but would I need to remove any of that later for the super or twin set up or can it be added on top of it.

Sorry lots of questions for a new member
CodyBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
They really honestly both give about the same hp. The turbos give more torque. Twin turbo will require more maintenance than a supercharger.

If you decide to go twin turbo or the current superchargers, you'll have to give up your cold air intake. If you ever do headers, the twins will force you to take those off too. The supercharger can be had with headers.

We all have to start somewhere. And the best way to learn is simply to ask questions so anymore you have and we will do our best to answer them for you

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
The Vortec V3 doesn't require any oil lines, or will it get packed with snow, location of the turbo's mostly under the car. At least with a sc it is a simple to take off and go back stock.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259858

Watch the videos.....any questions give us a ring. Have the most options all under one roof and are known for more 3.6 DI R&D than most any around.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
turbos for overall power and torque. Also as the tunes get better and the forge parts hit the market. Turbo power will only be limit according to the engine unlike the SC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyBanks View Post
I'm new to all of this. So what will give you overall more HP and Torque, Supercharger or Twin Turbo? I have a V6. I've been reading the new IPF supercharger is showing real good results. What twin turbo would you recommend. What kind of maintenance is needed for both. I plan to add other upgrade such as cold air intake, throttle body, exhaust and what not, but would I need to remove any of that later for the super or twin set up or can it be added on top of it.

Sorry lots of questions for a new member
If you have the accessible 2012 camaro, turbo hands down and setup a scramble boost for that beast hahaha
Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote