Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions From and for the site staff.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
moved moved moved......

Since it seems the majority of threads posted here are just moved why post anything interesting here? As it seems this is just a place for boring threads now, is this where threads come to die? No different thoughts please the dream police will move you to a box and then you can die there like the posts here that can not grow because some one thinks oh lets reclassify them all. Pigeon holing the general forum to death...great way to make people loose interest due to overly having to search for anything interesting....oh just the same sad old general stupid posts as yesterday. Gee i thought maybe people would be interested in upgrades for thier interior in a general forum, guess though it just had to go to the die in obscurity area.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Comrando
SScalator

Drives: '11 CGM LS3
Because some of the posts will get better answers more quickly in another sub-forum.

Why do people ask about suspension here? They will probably find their question has already been answered if they would read the relevant posts in the first place.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Since it seems the majority of threads posted here are just moved why post anything interesting here? As it seems this is just a place for boring threads now, is this where threads come to die? No different thoughts please the dream police will move you to a box and then you can die there like the posts here that can not grow because some one thinks oh lets reclassify them all. Pigeon holing the general forum to death...great way to make people loose interest due to overly having to search for anything interesting....oh just the same sad old general stupid posts as yesterday. Gee i thought maybe people would be interested in upgrades for thier interior in a general forum, guess though it just had to go to the die in obscurity area.
I assume it's because the mods hate me and want to waste .0001 second of my time on the re-direct.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
GMTool

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
You are posting this thread in the wrong section, so it will should have been posted down below in the proper section, like in the (Members Area) Off-topic Discussions or Site Related/Suggestions. Members are suppose to post new threads in the proper sections for the topic of discussion. It only makes sense.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Is there a Whine section?
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
So to be clear, you are suggesting that there be only one open forum..............kind of like a library with books just racked anywhere so you have to search for the topics you are interested in? Should the GenIV section just be put here as well? Is that interesting for the GenV folks to have sort through that?

I think you've answered your own question but haven't quite realized it yet.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
Fiveg56

Drives: -
This should be moved.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
This should be moved.
This should be locked away by the "dream police".....................
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: LS-3 429 TT with other odds-n-ends
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
To respond to your comment...

This forum is frequented by tens of thousands of people, with many different interests and likes. If a thread is created within a specific topic ( sub-forum) it needs to be posted in the proper sub forum so that people of like interests are more likely to see it.

You will tend to get the most information and other relevant responses from people with the same interests.

For example, I for the most part don't care much at all about interior modifications... They don't make my car faster... You may not care about going over 200 mph...But I do...

If we allowed every member to post their own interesting items on the general page, consider how fast the posts would disappear off the page as other threads interesting to someone else are posted and responded to... You wouldn't be able to see your own thread in two minutes or less...

We have lots of sub categories to fit most interests... If there isn't an appropriate category, and it involves a Camaro, then by all means post it in the general area... But for other topics, they need to be posted in the proper area, or we will have to move them to maintain some degree of order... If it doesn't involve the Camaro, then post it in the off topic or other vehicles categories...

I hope this helps...And I'm moving it to the proper sub forum ...
Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I can't help myself

Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Believe it or not, on average the threads that are properly sorted tend to get more responses, the quality of discussion is usually better, and the chances of making a re-post goes down dramatically. This is because 5th gen general frequently has about 1 page worth of new threads each day, then another page or so of older threads that continue to be active. So a relatively new thread can be pushed back to the third page in as little as 1 day. After 2 or 3 days it can be buried several pages deep. Most people who aren't on everyday don't go back that far to look at a topic. In contrast, a thread moved to a slower area can stay on the first page of threads for a week or more. Plus, those that see it are definitely interested in that general topic (be it lighting, or forced induction, or 3rd gens, or whatever) and are going to be far more likely to comment on it than someone just browsing 5th Gen General. They bring more knowledge and/or curiosity, either of which will breed a better discussion.

With regard to re-posts, we have had numerous threads started by people asking the very same question as you did. If you had looked in the proper section, you would have seen that this concern has been addressed multiple times. Instead, you have wasted your own time & increased your own frustration by creating a new thread in the wrong forum on a topic that has been beaten to death. If you are unaware of the various sub-sections of the site I wrote a guide a year or so ago (it may need a little updating though). Here is the link: A Guide to the Sub Forums of Camaro5

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
ShnOmac

I'm not exactly sure what he means by "Dream police" but It made me

Last edited by ShnOmac; 12-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #13
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
This post is funny
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I'm not exactly sure what he means by "Dream police" but It made me
I like it...perhaps a new theme song for the Camaro5 mod-squad?

Plenty of good answers in here, Christian. Sorry you feel like we're smothering the forum - but it's all for a very well-thought out purpose of organizing information.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #15
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I like it...perhaps a new theme song for the Camaro5 mod-squad?
Oh lord I hope not....