Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
New '13's now getting '10-'12 polished wheels (R40) not(RUY)?

Ordered '13 yesterday. Aren't the 13's supposed to get RUY?
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lots
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas/Greenville, Texas
Posts: 1,944
New style polished wheels are on contstraint and have been for a while. That's why they made the 10-12 style available for order on 13s.
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
yotaman96


 
yotaman96's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, TN
Posts: 2,276
They are backordered and being substituted with the earlier style.
__________________
2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS manual trans
(formerly Whipplecharged, then twin turbo, now just heads and cam)
Magnacharged 2000 Trans Am WS6 manual trans
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
New style polished wheels are on contstraint and have been for a while. That's why they made the 10-12 style available for order on 13s.
Thanks for the info!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
dkp2LT


 
dkp2LT's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO & Del Mar, CA
Posts: 2,502
I read the polished rims for the '13's are delayed. Right now if you order polished you get the '10-'13 rims. The painted are in stock.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I read the polished rims for the '13's are delayed. Right now if you order polished you get the '10-'13 rims. The painted are in stock.
Thanks!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended
 
ZL-Bee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: York, PA
Posts: 577
Not too sure who would want the 2013 style over the 2010-2012. Saw the 13 style on one of the plain jane SS styled SLP ZL600's on a dealers lot today. Thought it killed the looks of the car.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,684
That would really upset me. I like the new wheels much better than the old ones.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That would really upset me. I like the new wheels much better than the old ones.
I believe you'd be in the minority... I like the 2010-12 wheels better myself, however it IS kinda dumb for them to put wheels from an earlier model on them when they aren't even shown in the sales brochure for '13...I'd want the wheels I ordered, not a substitute from last year. Will you be able to trade in your wheels later when the "correct" ones become available, or are you just stuck with last year's wheels on your 2013?


I wonder if they backordered wheels will one day become desireable, as they no doubt will be much less common than the 2010-12 (and half of 2013) wheel...Probably not likely, but stranger things have happened.
__________________

Last edited by joeybsyc; 12-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
motorhead
bars suck
 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: central, Pa
Posts: 7,684
I don't know what's going on with GM but the constraints on this car have been far too many if you ask me. This crap has been going on since the beginning.
motorhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
The '13 vehicle configure sheet has RUY and R40 on it but R40 is automatically checked in the box. The sheets previously did not have R40 listed on the '13 configuration form. They are the same price.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
The '13 vehicle configure sheet has RUY and R40 on it but R40 is automatically checked in the box. The sheets previously did not have R40 listed on the '13 configuration form. They are the same price.

So basically you're settling for the old wheels and not getting a nickel off the price because of it. I don't really like the new wheels anyhow, but they ARE something they boasted about being one of the few "all new" updates for '13.
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
So basically you're settling for the old wheels and not getting a nickel off the price because of it. I don't really like the new wheels anyhow, but they ARE something they boasted about being one of the few "all new" updates for '13.
Yes. I can see in the future, at car shows, people will say it has the wrong wheels on it!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
MS3DALE

 
MS3DALE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carmichaels,Pa.
Posts: 2,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
I believe you'd be in the minority... I like the 2010-12 wheels better myself, however it IS kinda dumb for them to put wheels from an earlier model on them when they aren't even shown in the sales brochure for '13...I'd want the wheels I ordered, not a substitute from last year. Will you be able to trade in your wheels later when the "correct" ones become availabLe, or are you just stuck with last year's wheels on your 2013?


I wonder if they backordered wheels will one day become desireable, as they no doubt will be much less common than the 2010-12 (and half of 2013) wheel...Probably not likely, but stranger things have happened.
No,and yes.
__________________

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
GearheadSS
Member #63
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: Lots
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas/Greenville, Texas
Posts: 1,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I read the polished rims for the '13's are delayed. Right now if you order polished you get the '10-'13 rims. The painted are in stock.
Actually you have to order the the old style if you want polished. If you put an order in with the new style wheels, the old style wheel isn't automatically substituted. The order will sit until the wheels are available. So they're basically giving you 2 polished wheel choices. It's just that the new one is on constraint right now.
__________________
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.
 
United_727's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 1LT RS /'00 Z28 (RIP) :-(
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,015
I read that it was some sort of 'disaster' at the plant that makes them.
United_727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
joeybsyc

 
joeybsyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Actually you have to order the the old style if you want polished. If you put an order in with the new style wheels, the old style wheel isn't automatically substituted. The order will sit until the wheels are available. So they're basically giving you 2 polished wheel choices. It's just that the new one is on constraint right now.
77rs mentioned above that on the vehicle configure sheet you can no longer even select the new wheels as an option, forcing you to select only the old style polished wheel. Is there some other way you can order the new style wheel and wait for it?
__________________
joeybsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
I'm wondering now what wheels are going to be on it! I guess I won't know until it is built?
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
jperaino
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 133
A typhoon in Asia wiped out the plant making the 2013 style polished wheels. Rather than delay the build on many cars GM opted to get the 2012 polished wheels from that supplier for current production. The 2013 style polished wheels are still supposed to become available before the end of the 2013 model year run.
jperaino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #20
77rs
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape May County, N.J.
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperaino View Post
A typhoon in Asia wiped out the plant making the 2013 style polished wheels. Rather than delay the build on many cars GM opted to get the 2012 polished wheels from that supplier for current production. The 2013 style polished wheels are still supposed to become available before the end of the 2013 model year run.
Thank-you for the info!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
trewyn15


 
trewyn15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Janesville, WI
Posts: 6,080
The 00-12 are much better anyways, I would consider yourself lucky lol
__________________
2000 Trans Am WS6 - 2004 Monte Carlo LS
trewyn15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
Stex

 
Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South texas
Posts: 786
Saw some old style polished wheels on a '13 on the lot...for some reason the finish seemed to be better than the ones on the previous yrs..??
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.