Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HAVOC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
markgws6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Latest GM Update?

Is there a way to tell whether I have the latest GM MDI update installed in my car? Is there a number or code that gets printed out if I take it down to say Autozone for them to read it? I need it for a tune and I'd rather not waste my time at a dealer if I don't have to...

2011 1LT (LLT V6 Auto)

Performance: CAI, ZR1 rear diff fluid, Dot4 brake fluid, Russel steel brake lines, Skip shift, SRP Racing Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator(at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset

Cosmetic: Ceramic window tint, 3M clear bra, stealth rock guards, Gorilla lug nuts, LED dome, plate, & fog lights, Silverstar zXe headlamps
markgws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 L99
Try this link you can have a peek of your system from GM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

enter your VIN number & it will show you status of all your systems.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged dragon slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3 conversion, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,smooth idle blower cam kit. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me, no one else to blame!!
Kiwi_Camaro_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
markgws6

Is this a current status of the systems or is it just the possible updates for my VIN?

Performance: CAI, ZR1 rear diff fluid, Dot4 brake fluid, Russel steel brake lines, Skip shift, SRP Racing Pedals, No trunk or hood insulation, No Spare tire inflator(at the track), NPP fuse pull, octane fuse reset

Cosmetic: Ceramic window tint, 3M clear bra, stealth rock guards, Gorilla lug nuts, LED dome, plate, & fog lights, Silverstar zXe headlamps
Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Everytime your car is plugged in at dealer, If they do any updates to your systems it gets logged onto this website for GM, so it should be exactly what status your car is at currently & will show if any new updates are available for your vehicle. You can update your system yourself if you have say a mongoose pro cable & pay for day's subscription to access updates via internet, you must be plugged in to your car while accessing internet. this is what I did before I started modding my car, so I knew I had latest updates first.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged dragon slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3 conversion, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,smooth idle blower cam kit. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me, no one else to blame!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
markgws6

So it shows the updates but did not show anything new or different...does that mean I have the latest? Sorry but I've never seen this before...

Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #6
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Camaro_2010 View Post
Try this link you can have a peek of your system from GM
http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

enter your VIN number & it will show you status of all your systems.

How do u tell if its up to date?
Looking at the detailed history option, I see the columns:Part number, CVN, bulletin #, and description. The CVN column shows a part# or N/A and the bulletin column has "-"
cmore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

To be honest it was over 6 months ago when I did it, so bit vague, what i can remember when you go to next screen & select what area you want to check if it needs an update you can expand drop down menu. Each update is numbered & you check number sequence to see if there is a higher number available for that section than what your listed at at moment, as far as I can remember to update you have to go through each system menu & check drop downs as system cannot be updated as a hole but by individual system downloads on each parameter. i would suggest if your not sure take it to a dealer to update, as you can make it alot worse if done wrong. One update I did on stereo kill audio output then lost usb support, had to reflash it twice to bring it all back. Because where I live I have no dealer support or warranty so did it myself.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
markgws6

Thanks for your help. I just went in and had the dealer check it. It had the latest ECM updates but not the BCM so they updated it.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Thanks for your help. I just went in and had the dealer check it. It had the latest ECM updates but not the BCM so they updated it.
So you went to the dealer after you had the car tuned? How did that go?

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
markgws6

No. I went there before I tuned the car. The tuner (IPF) said I needed the latest GM updates because that is what their calibrations were based on.

But I'd had the hypertech tune installed before and I just returned it to the stock tune and they said nothing about that lol.