Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2009, 11:08 PM   #51
Yellow2010
 
Yellow2010's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Star, Mississippi
Posts: 359
Alright who farted?
__________________
Yellow2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #52
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 864
This thread saddens me. :(

All of the Mustang guys seem to have been banned or disappeared so there's no one to refute any points. This upsets me. :(
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #53
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Enjoy that pinto style brake lever rubbing your leg. Just remember it's on the passenger side everytime you see a Camaro.

I see your smiley but that would be a dumb reason to not buy a car. My parking brake lever has never touched my leg and if I'm in an actual emergency I want the lever right where I can grab it easier.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #54
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
This thread saddens me. :(

All of the Mustang guys seem to have been banned or disappeared so there's no one to refute any points. This upsets me. :(
I'm still here. I don't post much anymore because I've pretty much decided to get a 2011 Mustang 5.0. I think a lot of people left because of the attitude of some of the more rabid Chevy fanboys here. Kinda ruins it for some of the cool people here who actually want to have a discussion.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #55
modiecast
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS / Sold my 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 136
Drive them both. I did and there really is no comparison. Not sure what you mean by electronics package. Short of the NAV, my 2SS has an ipod doc (USB Port) that tunes through the radio head, blue tooth, On-star, etc.... If you like the Mustang, buy it, but it's no Camaro.
modiecast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
Z/28orSs
 
Z/28orSs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ss
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nj
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
If you want a Mustang, fine. Do the American auto industry a favor and reject anything from a foreign competitor.
+1 !!!
__________________
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #57
bigd1276
2012 IBM 2SS/RS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Imperial Blue 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 1,512
I owned a 98 Mustang Gt and really really hated the fact that the emergency brake was by my leg. BIG PET PEEVE.
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM S22 RS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #58
Z/28orSs
 
Z/28orSs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 ss
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nj
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
Number 3- Yes, the Mustang offers that.

It isn't illegal in Arizona to have the floods and headlights running, where is it illegal...?

To everyone that said the electronics shouldn't be in a muscle car, or they don't matter, in reality they do. In my opinion to compete with almost every car out there now they should atleast OFFER it.......

I'm going to wait until I drive both cars, watch drag races between both, and see how many people buy a Camaro.
so other people's actions Sway, what kind of car your going to Buy???
if thats the case have fun Keeping up with my LS1!!!!


If there are tons of Camaros, then for sure I will get the Mustang. Everyone thinks the Mustang is too popular, whose to say the Camaro won't be the same way? They're both priced very well and both are very sexy cars. I predict there will be just as many 2010 Camaros on the road as 2010 Stangs.

you do realize that the camaro has not been around for a while??
if your a so-called GM faithful you will drink the kool aid and like
it! and give the camaro some more sales #'s so we can see improvement in the next model.
like what ford did with the "new " stang


However, not nearly as many as those... Mopars...
not every1 should buy a camaro than i will have no one to Beat in mine LOL j/k
__________________
Z/28orSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #59
ClaymoreZ28
 
ClaymoreZ28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cary, North Carolina USA
Posts: 480
Net - go with the stang if that is what feels right but dialogue on the electronics package is odd.
Only gap on Camaro if you have 2SS package is GPS - and frankly I prefer to have separate, purpose built Garmin GPS which I can move between vehicles, carry when on foot and get quarterly map updates for life for $100.
I can also take the Garmin on business trips and even have european maps to take when on vacation - and all for a lot less than the typical add on cost of inbuilt GPS.
__________________
SSMAUG - IOM 2SS/RS/6M
Breathing Fire since October 8th 2009 !
ClaymoreZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #60
joerod97
Chevy Man
 
Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Folsom,ca
Posts: 434
Bawt ,[I]m glad youre considering a Camaro.Acouple of points though, It doesnt come with 20 inch rims, they are extra. Paddle shift is only with auto as is remote start. auto comes with 400 hp , Other than that its the perfect car for you.....
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 AM   #61
bobby35ny

 
bobby35ny's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: South East, FL
Posts: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
I didn't really mean it that way. I know the Mustang DESIGN is old and over-populated... But people can't use that to persuade me to a Camaro, because I know for a FACT GM is going to sell an enormous amount of these things. They are sexy and have a phenomenal price, and if people aren't like me and don't give a crap about interior, they'll buy it.

Does anyone think GM will consider offering a technology package in the 2011 Camaro?
Your FACT is wrong, The chevy/ford guys will stick to thier brand no matter what. I'm a die hard chevy guy and I agree with your opinion on the interior. They pinched the pennies there for sure. And thats why you won't see an ENORMOUS amount of these cars on the road. Once people see a few Camaros on the road and get over the WOW factor, they will shop around and notice how much nicer the interiors of other cars are. The optional guts on the Mustang is pretty damn nice for sure. But that won't make me buy a ford....

-bobby
__________________
ZL1::J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #62
got_ls3
 
got_ls3's Avatar
 
Drives: camaro ss
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Posts: 132
Send a message via MSN to got_ls3
man i got 06 mustang roush 427 & camaro ss let me say it i don't think that i need a nav or ur electronics package to drive my car. how u can even compare a 4.6 to 6.2 anyway as electlatino said "nothing wrong with american muscle cars!! (even if it is a ford...)"
i got 06 n u r going to get 010 big deal still the same little engine.

u see.

[IMG][/IMG]


i even took this pic w/ my phone, look how much nicer the camaro is lol

[IMG][/IMG]
got_ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #63
patriotpa
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Posts: 1,967
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #64
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,160
The sad part is if you drove a Camaro in darkest of nights with the HIDs you wouldn't be wishing you could turn on your DTRLs. They are that good.

I am guessing you aren't about the performance, but about the show and that's great. The HIDs are so good you don't and won't need fog lamps. As I've posted, they are so good I'd pay the RS premium just for the lamps.

Yep I like NAV. It adds a bit more color to the interior and I don't mind having a map to boot. But the fact is very few people buy built in NAV anymore. Plus it actually hurts your residuals on a lease. So it's nice that Ford has it, but I wouldn't pay money for it.

You are giving up much better hardware in the Camaro in order to have HIDs with Fog lamps and a NAV. And if those two items out weigh the IRS, SIDI V6 or 426 HP V8, 6 speed transmissions that's ok. That's why all cars aren't the same. Different tastes and desires.

I hope you change your mind.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #65
ckaram

 
ckaram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,639
Well said, Number 3!

I must be missing something 'cause I don't get the whole NAV hype. I like it when my sexy wife navigates for me
__________________
1968 Camaro convertible, LS1 & T56, Texas Speed 228R cam, 3.42 posi, 17" Torque Thrusts
2011 2SS/RS, LS3, M6, IOM in and out, factory Hurst short throw, GMPP axleback exhaust
ckaram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #66
DeathChill

 
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mission, BC
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
I'm still here. I don't post much anymore because I've pretty much decided to get a 2011 Mustang 5.0. I think a lot of people left because of the attitude of some of the more rabid Chevy fanboys here. Kinda ruins it for some of the cool people here who actually want to have a discussion.
Eh, to be fair, a lot of the Mustang guys were just as rabid about Ford and the Mustang. However, there were definitely some that were actually interested in both cars.

You seem fine enough, however!
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #67
Bocephus
 
Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Eh, to be fair, a lot of the Mustang guys were just as rabid about Ford and the Mustang. However, there were definitely some that were actually interested in both cars.

You seem fine enough, however!
Well you are right about that! I'm one of those guys that love both cars. I'm going to wait until the 2011s come out for both cars before i make my final decision. I think the OP should do the same.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:06 AM   #68
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
I am still here, though I do more reading now than posting. The Mustang interior is a very big step in the right direction. My complaint of the Camaro is that it is smaller inside than it needs to be. AT my height, I felt cramped in the Camaro. But in truth, its like that in most GM cars for some reason. I also do not like the gauge placement. Sure its not stuff you need to look at all the time, but the placement is still bad IMO.

Everyone will be loyal to their chosen brand. Some people are on the fence. I will admit that the Camaro offer a lot of car for the buck, but in my area, (S.FLA) the buck is pretty high. 43k is the norm around here, then add the mark up. Perhaps in a year the prices will normalized, and the Camaro can be found for the price its supposed to be at.

All in all its great to see the Maro back. I love the new GM commercial, it conveys a very good message. Enjoy while they last. Who knows what the new standards will bring.

The Muscle car wars are back and in full swing. As car enthusiasts, should it be any other way ? Mopar vs The Blue Oval vs The Bowtie. What could be better

Edit: Also if I had to buy now, I would wait to see what the 5.0 pans out to be.

With that said, I look forward to seeing the Camaro at the track. It'll be the only time I can see em, because if I line up next to one, I do not look in my review mirror when I am doing my runs !

Last edited by Ninjak; 06-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #69
bdstealth

 
bdstealth's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS White/blk int.M6,GFX
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central New York
Posts: 752
That's ok buy what YOU like(mustang) ,but be prepared to finish second.
bdstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #70
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Mustang interior + Camaro exterior = match made in heaven
OMG you cant' be serious. The Mustang interior, yes the new one is better, but is still one of the worst I've seen. This is their trademark. It's not even close in my opinion.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #71
Ninjak
Banned
 
Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
OMG you cant' be serious. The Mustang interior, yes the new one is better, but is still one of the worst I've seen. This is their trademark. It's not even close in my opinion.
Wow. really what makes you say this ? I would like to know. Most people I have spoke to who wants a Camaro hates the inside. The blind spots, the placement of the gauges, the seat supports......In truth, the interior is the only real drawback of the car.
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #72
Georgie

 
Georgie's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro... soon
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,217
mustang interior is nicer than the camaro's but the camaro's ain't bad, just not that great... LS3 on the other hand...
__________________
2011 IOM or CGM 1SS
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #73
MrIcky

 
MrIcky's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 1,536
When people say 'electronics' what they really mean is they want a little tv.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #74
Dakota Kid

 
Dakota Kid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 1,158
I have a Camaro SS on order...but I recently sat in a 2010 Mustang GT that was loaded...WOW, that interior is far superior to the Camaro IMO. It is what it is...but that is subjective. The Camaro exterior appeals to me more than the body style of the GT, but I don't think you can go wrong with either car.

If my order on the Camaro goes south, I will definitely consider the GT. Ford has their shit together.
Dakota Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #75
Bawt
Future Camaro Owner!
 
Bawt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Mustang GT soon
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 187
Well, I've decided not to decide until I see these cars race. If the Camaro is that much faster, how could I turn it down? Even if the interior is boring, the excitement of beating the Challengers and Mustangs will keep me entertained.

Also, I won't be buying a car until the end of the year, or maybe early 2011... It worries me that I will be buying a car made by the government. As stupid as that sounds, it does. Not trying to start a politics war but I'm just not a huge fan of Obama.

But if the races are close, the GT is lookin real nice. The only real problem I have with the GT is it seems like a daily driver. My muscle car is going to be put away for fun on the weekends. The Camaro seems more like that kind of car.
__________________
Bawt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear GM - Please don't forget about the small town guys JMAN311 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 27 02-07-2009 08:15 PM
You guys think this will stand the test of time? ucla1ove3 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 1 01-21-2009 11:37 PM
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME.. You are costing me $$$$!! Matrix Off-topic Discussions 18 01-04-2009 02:09 AM
Hoping you guys can help! 69 Camaro 09 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 5 09-21-2008 12:57 AM
you guys look smart. brotherben 4th Generation Camaros 17 09-07-2008 09:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.