Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
silver96camaro's 2011 camaro ls journal.

new member here. been lurking as a guest for a while. finally got one of my own this past friday it's a cyber grey metallic 2011 camaro ls. got it from the dealership with 18 miles on it. it's already up to 276 hahaha. figured this would be a fun place to track my progress on it. i've been a camaro lover all my life. not necessarily a chevy lover (sorry, i look down on the aveo and volt with shame). this is my 13th camaro. only one has ever survived me. i'm really hoping this will be the last i ever need. lol. some of the first things i'm looking at doing are putting some flat black stripes on it, getting a bluestar for integrated bluetooth capability, possibly debadging, starting on performance with a CAI kit and a new catback... possibly headers but those will probably be last on the priority to do list and i also have an electric cutout sitting around from my last camaro that i'm tempted to install but i'm a little worried about the sound. anyways here's a few pics of the car the day i drove it home from the dealership. 27 miles on the odometer. i'll update again when i actually get off my butt and do some work.

silver96camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
silver96camaro

slow day at work today. decided to pull the chevy logo from the front. very easy. slid my cellphone camera into the hood latch hole to snap pictures of the tabs so i would which way to pull. started with the horizontal tabs just pulled down while firmly but gently pulling the chevy logo off. the middle vertical tabs just slid right out with no effort. probably gonna get one of the vinyl stickers to cover up the holes.

now ya see it:

now ya don't:

Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
silver96camaro

here's some better pics at the beach this past weekend. just sold my old one and now have the money to start throwing more stuff in.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
silver96camaro

slowly but surely plodding along. removed the rear chevy logo last night. pain in the butt... even with an adhesive remover. maybe doing the side camaro emblems tonight. next after that is gonna be some stripes. still not 100% sure if i wanna do the regular rally stripes or full bumper to bumper stripes. leaning towards the full stripes. whichever one i choose is gonna be matte black.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #5
silver96camaro

alright. after taking off the rear chevy emblem i decided to let the side camaro emblems sit for a while. despite having the vinyl stripes in my possession for over a week i ended up installing the airaid CAI that i got today first. 10 minute install my ass. perhaps if the thing were fully assembled first. anyways. here's the latest batch of pics. looks like stripes will be next, then the camaro emblems off the sides...

Old 08-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
silver96camaro

i've had 2 battles with the stripes. the first time i screwed them up and wasted my money. the second time, i got them on correctly but the matte black didn't quite sit right with me. guess i'll try gloss black next time. after moving on the next thing i tackled was getting bluetooth in my car. the box and install really werent much to take pictures of so here's a picture of the bluetooth logo on my radio! lol.

after that i decided to go for tint. hawaii's legal limit is 35% so that's what i did. here are the after pics:

yeah... i know. she needs a bath. i'll get that tomorrow after a trip to the dealership to get the new steering wheel controls i added this morning activated.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
silver96camaro

whoo-hoo! another update! lol. the reason they are so few and far between is because all purchases have to go through the wife. anyways, my latest upgrade is smoked front and rear side markers. got them off ebay for less than $80 shipped. also, before i bought them i heard a lot of people saying how easy it was to change the rears... just reach up and push in the tab and they'll pop right out... yeah. right. sure. first off i could only get elbow deep into the rear and was about an inch shy of reaching the tab and secondly once i got to the tab it was tough. i mean like superhero tough. took me about 30 minutes with all my bumbling around. well worth it in my opinion. also in one of the pics you can see my new custom license plate "EREBUS" named for the greek deity of shadows and darkness. also because of a mech (a giant robot)that i designed years ago and used to use in a game called battletech.... it seemed fitting with the whole transformers tie in and color scheme. the mech had a supercharger.... hmmmmm... lol. maybe someday.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
silver96camaro

never thought i'd ever get these damned stripes on! finally did it last night. can't believe it. they're not perfect... but close enough for me to be happy

on that last pic it's easy to see why i say they're not perfect. they're too close together and the bottom didn't quite line up. oh well. i'm still happy!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #9
silver96camaro

Yay! New stuff!!! Got my eagle eyes installed. took about 4 hours of fumbling around trying to find all the bolts then making sure it was buttoned up right when I was done. pics to follow of course

Still actually gotta wire up the halos. ill do that once I decide where I want the switch to go.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #10
horrido

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Lookin good. I like the stripes.
horrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
silver96camaro

got the halos wired up a few weeks back. arbitrarily decided today i'm getting the mufflers cut out to see what straight pipes sound like. will try to edit pics/sound clip/video into this post later today when it's done. already know i'm not gonna have the tips put back on right away but i still can't wait.

Edit to add pic and more commentary.

alright... so about the straight pipes... i loved the sound when it first got started up. i was tolerant of the sound 35 mph and below. freeway speed it sounds horrible. i gotta change it up. hopefully i can get an appointment to get something put on. don't care if i have to go back to stock. something needs to be done.

Last edited by silver96camaro; 12-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #12
silver96camaro

finally got a pdim and got some rear window louvers. the car still takes my breath away every time i look at it.

i'll probably get some better louver pics later.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
SilverSlayer-SS
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metalic Camaro 2SS
i like the stripes , looks unique