Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #127
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 3,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
That looks really clean! Thanks for getting back with me
Between Gforce Engineering and us we will definitely be able to get you taken care of.
__________________
T.C. Davis
Camaro Specialist
tc@bmrsuspension.com
813-986-9302
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #128
Chris-HPS
 
Chris-HPS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008Corvette
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ga
Posts: 691
Great looking build you have going on. The only downfall I notice and you may already be aware of it, is that the stock castings have a thin deck height. With as much boost as you are wanting to produce and your compression ratio, you will have some head lifting issues.Just keep an eye out on your water temps. At the end of a pass if the temps suddenly rise up, you know the motor lifted a head. Also, On your forged shortblock, hopefully you had the main caps pinned to keep them from walking around as well.

Chris
Chris-HPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #129
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-HPS View Post
Great looking build you have going on. The only downfall I notice and you may already be aware of it, is that the stock castings have a thin deck height. With as much boost as you are wanting to produce and your compression ratio, you will have some head lifting issues.Just keep an eye out on your water temps. At the end of a pass if the temps suddenly rise up, you know the motor lifted a head. Also, On your forged shortblock, hopefully you had the main caps pinned to keep them from walking around as well.

Chris
Thank you sir! I ran LSA heads on my last combo that made over 1000hp. Never had any issues. AES build my shortblock, told them what I wanted to make hp wise and how much boost I was running. They built it and said have fun. My friend here in KC has a red 94 Silverado with almost my same combo. He daily drives it, makes 1200+rwhp and hasnt had one major issue in 15k miles.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #130
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Thank you sir! I ran LSA heads on my last combo that made over 1000hp. Never had any issues. AES build my shortblock, told them what I wanted to make hp wise and how much boost I was running. They built it and said have fun. My friend here in KC has a red 94 Silverado with almost my same combo. He daily drives it, makes 1200+rwhp and hasnt had one major issue in 15k miles.
1200rwhp Silverado
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #131
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 618
Yeah id post a video of it hazing the tires at 80+mph on the hwy but its against forum rules.
search "red dragon" on youtube or stangkilr99
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #132
Z69
 
Z69's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 ,TT 03 cobra,69 camaro
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: miami
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Yeah id post a video of it hazing the tires at 80+mph on the hwy but its against forum rules.
search "red dragon" on youtube or stangkilr99
That is awesome cant wait to see videos of your current build awesome job
Z69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #133
GLGJR
 
Drives: 09 CTS-V
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Texas
Posts: 22
Are you on schedule to make it to TX2K?
GLGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #134
47AJV8
 
Drives: A White Car
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
20-25lbs, its going to be around 10:1 with LS9 gaskets, LSA heads. The closer to 11:1 the better though.
Wow that's crazy! Are you going to be running E85? Or water/meth injection?
__________________
"From ABS shudder that came on surprisingly early in the lousy brake pedal's travel to a looser rear end than Kim Kardashian"
47AJV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #135
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 618
Will be done for TX2K and running E85
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #136
47AJV8
 
Drives: A White Car
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 340
K cool, I wish there was E85 here...
__________________
"From ABS shudder that came on surprisingly early in the lousy brake pedal's travel to a looser rear end than Kim Kardashian"
47AJV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #137
SSMagna
FAST1
 
SSMagna's Avatar
 
Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 402
So are you going to be at 2k13? If so, I'll see you there.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #138
XCLR8
 
Drives: 2010 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Carthage, TX
Posts: 61
Twin Turbo VS Single Turbo???
XCLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #139
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єlímíиąŧ°я Ö
 
Detoxx03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Woodward Avenue
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangkilr View Post
Will be done for TX2K and running E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
So are you going to be at 2k13? If so, I'll see you there.
__________________

D1SC Procharger 881/773 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #140
stangkilr
 
stangkilr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS | 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 618
Just got done painting the engine bay. Looks really nice.
__________________
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=37570&dateline=138293  2783
2010 Camaro SS CGM |LY6 6.0L | E85 | x275 88mm turbo/ TH400/ Gforce 9 inch

Youtube "stangkilr99"
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.