Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
More than 6-8 weeks wait?

My plan was to buy my Camaro at the very end of the year to lock-in a good deal. I went into the dealership with a price in mind and knowledge of available incentives. When we started to make a deal, I was caught off guard by something I overlooked.

I was told that since I would be special ordering my Camaro, the true price I would pay for the car would not be set until after the Camaro arrived at the dealership. In other words, they would not be able to sell the car to me for another 6-8 weeks.

Has my end of the year deal advantage been taken away?
__________________
2013 Camaro 2LT RS Blueray Metallic

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 688
Buy one that is already built. Go to cars.com, there's probably over 600 to choose from in a 250 mile radius. You should be able to find what you're looking for.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Buy one that is already built. Go to cars.com, there's probably over 600 to choose from in a 250 mile radius. You should be able to find what you're looking for.
+1

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago exactly the way I wanted, and found it on cars.com. I've been trawling cars.com and Autotrader for months now thinking the same way you are and got it at a fantastic price. I would go that route. If you are willing to travel a bit you can find excellent deals too. They are out there.
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
Here is the configuration I would like. The dealers told me cars are not ordered this way to be sold on the lot.

http://www.davidinga.com/camaro.pdf

I would buy it in a heart beat if it existed. The waiting period for a special order car is inconvenient.

The only similar cars to my configuration are the Dusk Edition, but it comes at a $6,000 premium because of the wheels. I do not need the wheels that come with the Dusk Edition so I don't want to pay the premium for them. Thanks!
__________________
2013 Camaro 2LT RS Blueray Metallic

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
mr_honez
Wifey Lover
 
mr_honez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bastrop, Texas
Posts: 2,878
That is not a standard car and would have to be ordered I'm afraid. Mine was more standard than that so I was able to find one. If you are willing to wait then 6-8 weeks seems appropriate to build that car. If you want you can get a standard 2LT and recover the seats and have the car custom done to match that, but other than that those would be your only two option I fear. Good luck.
__________________
mr_honez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
That is not a standard car and would have to be ordered I'm afraid. Mine was more standard than that so I was able to find one. If you are willing to wait then 6-8 weeks seems appropriate to build that car. If you want you can get a standard 2LT and recover the seats and have the car custom done to match that, but other than that those would be your only two option I fear. Good luck.
Thank you for your help. Waiting does stink, but I think it will be worth it.
__________________
2013 Camaro 2LT RS Blueray Metallic

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,453
Go to another dealer. Every car I have ordered all the details on pricing were put in writing and signed by the dealer. He is probably thinking that once the car arrives he can stick it to you. The only thing he can't tell you is what incentives will be available when the car arrives. They could be more or less than what they are today.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Go to another dealer. Every car I have ordered all the details on pricing were put in writing and signed by the dealer. He is probably thinking that once the car arrives he can stick it to you. The only thing he can't tell you is what incentives will be available when the car arrives. They could be more or less than what they are today.
That's a good idea. I'll have them put it in writing.
__________________
2013 Camaro 2LT RS Blueray Metallic

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
JimE

 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,004
All they can guarantee on an order, is the basic price (before any incentives/rebates). If you want current incentives/rebates, you need to find a unit on the lot.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #10
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
All they can guarantee on an order, is the basic price (before any incentives/rebates). If you want current incentives/rebates, you need to find a unit on the lot.
I hope that come February the same incentives/rebates or even more are around. I really want to special order at this point.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
JimE

 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,004
I do as well. Although I'm not holding my breath. I haven't been keeping track, but there haven't been much in the way of incentives on Camaros, especially on the current model year. December is best time to buy as they are trying to increase revenue for the current ending business year.

I don't recall if there were any decent incentives last Feb-Apr either. The biggest "problem", is that the Camaros are selling well, so there is no reason for Chevrolet to use incentives.
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
jdogscam2013
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 41
I just bought my wife a 2013 2ss RS package, L99. We decided on Blue Ray Metallic, and very glad I did, this color is awesome! The my link is very cool, heads up display and new 20" wheels, couldn't be happier with the purchase, just sad winters here in the midwest, so under a car cover she will go, till spring, only 297 miles.
jdogscam2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #13
jdogscam2013
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 41
When we bought there were 0 incentives, because it's a Camaro man not a Malibu, they had a 500.00 cash back if you already owned one in Chicago, but we didn't. We were able to get some low financing as well__-__
jdogscam2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
JimE

 
JimE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: St Louis, MO
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogscam2013 View Post
I just bought my wife a 2013 2ss RS package, L99. We decided on Blue Ray Metallic, and very glad I did, this color is awesome! The my link is very cool, heads up display and new 20" wheels, couldn't be happier with the purchase, just sad winters here in the midwest, so under a car cover she will go, till spring, only 297 miles.
That would be worse than waiting til spring to order. Just seeing it sit out there, all alone, everyday, waiting.....
__________________
Perm-a-grin in place.....
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
david.inga
 
david.inga's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Concord CA
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
That would be worse than waiting til spring to order. Just seeing it sit out there, all alone, everyday, waiting.....
I agree.
__________________
2013 Camaro 2LT RS Blueray Metallic

Last edited by david.inga; 03-04-2013 at 01:57 PM.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 16,453
When we got our 2012 we also got $1,000 off for credit union member and another $1,000 off because we also owned a Saturn. So just because there may be no direct incentive you may be eligible for other discounts.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.