Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Suspension / Brakes / Chassis All suspension, brakes and chassis discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
supasport
 
supasport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 452
BMR split drop installed

i recently installed the split drop on my ss however i can tell i need a wheel alignment and cambers bad! the wheel is tilted incorrectly. im going in for a wheel alignment monday, but what do i need for the cambers? i don't know too much about the adjustments needing to do. however ive seen bmr control arms go for 300.00$ and installation is 3-4 hours.
so from my clear understanding.... springs end up becoming almost 1000$.... because of all this you end up needing to adjust?

Last edited by supasport; 12-15-2012 at 03:34 PM.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
supasport
 
supasport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 452
wow no input..?
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,406
Nothing else is needed to achieve a proper alignment with lowering springs on these cars. There should be enough adjustment available in the stock components.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
supasport
 
supasport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Nothing else is needed to achieve a proper alignment with lowering springs on these cars. There should be enough adjustment available in the stock components.
how come my front wheels look funny?? and not to mention the major un even wear my 2 front tires have..
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 23,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
how come my front wheels look funny?? and not to mention the major un even wear my 2 front tires have..
Because you haven't had it aligned yet. An alignment is required any time you change the ride height. What I am saying it that you do not have to purchase any additional parts to achieve the correct alignment. You do not need camber bolts or aftermarket control arms. The stock components have enough adjustment to get it done.
__________________
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
supasport
 
supasport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Because you haven't had it aligned yet. An alignment is required any time you change the ride height. What I am saying it that you do not have to purchase any additional parts to achieve the correct alignment. You do not need camber bolts or aftermarket control arms. The stock components have enough adjustment to get it done.
that goes for the 1.4 inch drop? im wondering why the guy that installed my springs said to check out cambers then... has me wondering, but what is weird is even before i dropped the car... those front tires already had un even wear. so im guessing i really don't need cambers.
when i bought the springs off BMR.. one of the sales reps said i might need cambers.
this is a total confusement. on the side note, i have 4 pirelli tires to put on the car so i really dont want them to wear un evenly.
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
supasport
 
supasport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: jersey
Posts: 452
would be great if i could get some feedback from those who have the BMR split drop !
supasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
BMR Sales



 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 2,473
Once you get a 4 wheel alignment done on the car it will take care of the issues you are having. Any time you change the ride height it will affect the alignment and it will cause extra tire wear. As long as you don't do a lot of driving after the springs are done prior to the alignment you shouldn't see too much additional tire wear.

If all you have is our BMR split drop lowering springs then you should be able to get the desired alignment specs out of the factory hardware. If you need any alignment specs let me know and I will send you some over to you.


Kyle
__________________
Keith Kanyuh
5th Gen Camaro Suspension Specialist
keith@bmrsuspension.com
www.bmrsuspension.com
Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Sales; 12-17-2012 at 04:28 PM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
blazzin1


 
blazzin1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasport View Post
that goes for the 1.4 inch drop? im wondering why the guy that installed my springs said to check out cambers then... has me wondering, but what is weird is even before i dropped the car... those front tires already had un even wear. so im guessing i really don't need cambers.
when i bought the springs off BMR.. one of the sales reps said i might need cambers.
this is a total confusement. on the side note, i have 4 pirelli tires to put on the car so i really dont want them to wear un evenly.
Dude, you are really confused!!!! "Cambers" (as you put it) is NOT a physical part that you need to go buy. It is an adjustment accomplished on the 4-wheel alignment that everyone is recommending to you. They adjust "Camber", "Caster", and "Toe" in order to get your wheels aligned correctly. If you need further explanation, just google "wheel alignment". You should have had an alignment done immediately after your lowering springs were installed.

Here are the installation instructions for your springs.....there are alignment specifications on the last page. Now go get your alignment done!!!!

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/SP022.pdf
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.