Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #26
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
Pete, What are the Pedders Road Course Alignment specs? Thanks!
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #27
gs-63

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The best track package for a ZL1 IMO
  • Z Bar Upgrade
  • EP6577 Steel Jacketed Radius Arm Bushes
  • EP1201HD Sub-Frame Bushes
  • EP7565Z Steel Jacketed Urethane Trailing Arm Bushes (both ends of the arm)
  • Pedders Z Spec Lowering Coils
  • Pedders Road Course Alignment Specs
  • Dedicated Square Track Wheel and Tire Package
This maintains 100% functionality of the MRC, PTM and SC. Ride quality remains excellent. Setup like this you ZL1 will feel as improved as moving from an SS to a ZL1. Maybe that is a bit of overstatement, but it is hard to describe how much better it will be.
Do you sell all these upgrades as a ZL1 Track/Street package?
gs-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Thanks for the great info. Can you upgrade in stages, like the bars and some of the other components (would like to hold off for now on the coils and wheel and tire package). And if so, what would you recommend starting with? Or does it really only make sense to do the complete package as a total system all at once?
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #29
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyv View Post
Pete, What are the Pedders Road Course Alignment specs? Thanks!
I'll get that posted here later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs-63 View Post
Do you sell all these upgrades as a ZL1 Track/Street package?
We do now. I'll have a turkey package up Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
Thanks for the great info. Can you upgrade in stages, like the bars and some of the other components (would like to hold off for now on the coils and wheel and tire package). And if so, what would you recommend starting with? Or does it really only make sense to do the complete package as a total system all at once?
you can do them in stages. First foundational bushes. Next bars. Coils. Wheels and tires.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Pete,

I never should have bought this car as you make it difficult not to spend my money on all this goodies you offer.

I am looking forward for the new package. On the wheels and tires I assume your suggestion below would be valid also for the Z. Although I assume the track widths differ.

Quote:
Wheels and Tires

There is more to our choice of wheels and tires. Talk to any engineer with race experience and from a sheet of paper they can tell you why a Camaro in OEM trim suffers from significant understeer. The tale of the tape tells the story.

Front Track 63.7"
Rear Track 64.1'
Front Wheel 20 x 8
Rear Wheel 20 x 9
Front Tire P245/45ZR20
Rear Tire P275/40 ZR20
Weight Balance 52/48
Front Sway Bar Diameter 24mm
Rear Sway Bar Diameter 23mm

The understeer is built into the vehicle from the ground up. Pedders felt it necessary to bring out the true potential of the ZETA II Camaro to alter the car from the ground up.

Front Track 65.7"
Rear Track 64.6'
Front Wheel 19 x 10.5
Rear Wheel 19 x 10.5
Front Tire 305/30/19
Rear Tire 305/30/19
Weight Balance 52/48
Front Sway Bar Diameter 27mm
Rear Sway Bar Diameter 32mm

When the dimensional changes are combined with upgraded suspension components the Camaro become a virtual Supercar. .
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #31
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
Pete,

I never should have bought this car as you make it difficult not to spend my money on all this goodies you offer.

I am looking forward for the new package. On the wheels and tires I assume your suggestion below would be valid also for the Z. Although I assume the track widths differ.
Absolutely.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
SAHWEET!!!
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #33
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Has anyone bought and installed these....I am about to buy them and want to know their thoughts.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #34
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Any coupon codes for this?

Old 10-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #35
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
Has anyone bought and installed these....I am about to buy them and want to know their thoughts.
Sam,

I added them about a month after Haddad Motorsports had done their install of Pedders subframe bushings in my car along with their lowering springs. I wanted to get used to the car lowered first and it's handling characteristics with the stock sway bars. They are worth every penny to me. The car is on rails now. The G's through turns feels so satisfying now. It depends on how much you like the twisty sections of the road? Just be aware you will hear more undercarriage noise when starting out in the mornings until the bushings soften up.

Last edited by ZL1-V; 07-29-2014 at 07:09 PM.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #36
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Thanks for the input....I am going to get them this Friday! Hopefully with a discount?

Last edited by SamHouseIII; 10-13-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
JusticePete
Rebel Leader

Discount? Is that French Count? Spanish Count? It is certainly a term I am not familiar with
Old 10-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #38
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Wanted to thank Pete, got these ordered and hope to install when I'm on leave! PEDDERS rock!

Old 12-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #39
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Time to find out.

OE ZL1 Front Bar 25mm Solid
OE ZL1 Rear Bar 28mm
Ratio 1.12

Brand-x Front Bar 25.4mm Hollow
Brand-x Rear Bar 34.88mm Hollow
Ratio 1.37

OE 1LE Front Bar 27mm Solid
OE 1LE Rear Bar 28mm Solid
Ratio 1.03

Pedders Z Front 27mm Solid
Pedders Z Rear 32mm Solid
Ratio 1.18

With the same diameter and the same material, a solid rod is stronger than a hollow pipe. However, with the same weight and material, the hollow pipe is stronger than a solid rod. Because a hollow pipe is lighter than a solid rod at the same diameter, the hollow pipe would have a larger diameter in order to match weights with the solid rod and a larger diameter rod or pipe is stronger than a smaller diameter one.

Very few hollow tube sway bar manufacturers publish the wall thickness of the tube they use. Typically it is .118. A much stronger bar would be made of .188. For our calculations we used a wall thickness of .188.

The solid bar is 21% stronger. For a .188 wall thickness tube to be stronger than the 25mm solid bar it would need an OD of 27mm. If the brand-x bars are made using .250 tubing the front bar would be of equal strength to the OEM bar that came with the car. Without knowing the exact wall thickness we can only estimate the strength. It is safe to say that the brand-x front bar is close in strength to the OE front bar. Maybe a little less strong or maybe a little bit stronger, but close to the OE bar. In the rear, there is a significant difference in bar size between brand-x and the OE bars. Depending on wall thickness the brand-x bar is functionally 3mm larger. Pedders rear bar is 4mm larger.

The ratio of bar diameter create a bias for understeer or oversteer. From the factory the ZL1 is the best balanced 5th Gen. and has a ratio of 1.12. The 1LE has a much less aggressive ratio at 1.03. The Brand-x bars come in at 1.37 with Pedders at 1.18. We believe our ratio to be dead nuts balls on correct for the 5th Gen.

Once again, these calculations are ESTIMATES as the wall thickness is not published for the bars.

There are other differences. The brand-x bar has a sliding adjustment for the rear endlink. In our engineering calculations which appear to be similar to those done at GM, the rear droplink functions best when vertically oriented to a straight up position in relation to the front or rear of the vehicle. Leaning the droplink toward the front of the vehicle or the rear of the vehicle, deviating front straight up, the assembly loses efficiency in function. That is why Pedders choose to adjust the strength / force of the rear bar with different durometers of bushes in the droplink. We maintain the optimal orientation and tune with harder of softer droplink bushes.

Sway Bar Straps are a big deal. They seem ordinary, but they are not.

Pedders 5th Gen Sway Bar Bushes and Straps

Other Brands

In summary, Pedders ZL1 sway offer greater role control, the most robust hardware and optimal efficiency. If we didn't believe that what we are selling is the absolute best for the ZL1 we shouldn't be selling it. I guarantee you will be thrilled with Pedders ZL1 bar upgrade. If you aren't I will personally refund your money. GUARANTEED.

I have the eibachs installed. about 2 weeks now. BAD hardware!
The metal mounts shown above are both bowed out in the rear. The sway bar pulled away from the chassis about 2mm, bending the clamps.

Can I use the stock clamps/mounts with the eibach sways?

I do not recommend anyone purchase the eibach sway kit. Unless they upgrade the mounts.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

I am missing my front sways from Pedders, so I can't complete mine until I return in 6 months.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #41
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
I'm installing the rear 32mm bar and upgrading to FE4 on my SS. Will the OEM sway bar straps work? Are the SS OE straps the same as the ZL1 straps?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'm installing the rear 32mm bar and upgrading to FE4 on my SS. Will the OEM sway bar straps work? Are the SS OE straps the same as the ZL1 straps?
The Zl1 straps look like those in the pedders pic above. The black ones. Your SS look the same? The inside rubber hole might be a different diameter.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #43
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Drag racing

I was looking at the Pfadt drag racing set up. Does Pedders have a Set up for drag racing?
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #44
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
The stock 2012 FE4 SS straps were too small.
I just ordered ZL1 straps to complete my Pedders ZL1 spec sway bar installation. Hope to have it all installed next week.
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #45
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Received my order of ZL1 sway bar bushing straps and everything bolted right up.
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote