Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
"How to" instructions using SCT ITSX From JRE

I have recently bought the superchips ITSX from Jannetty Racing (JRE) on black Friday. I have been thinking about buying a tuner for a while now but I really did not trust tuners. I already had two bad experiences with tuner a while back and I really did not want get another one. But I have researched on Camaro5 and I learned that JRE was the best. I did not find one bad review on JRE. Everyone was happy with his tune. So I bought one and I got to say, so far I love it!

So now that I have ITSX from JRE it was not easy to install it because there is no real “how to” instructions for this and there have been some problems with the ITSX itself. But all it really needs is to be updated.

Here are the steps I took to help anyone to use the new ITSX from superchips. I’m using this on my 3rd gen Ipad and using my Windows 7 PC. For the connecter wire between the ITSX tuner and the PC, I used a connecter wire from my Samsung phone and it worked just fine. You can also use an Android phone as well for the ITSX App named under “TSX” in the Google App store.

1. Download the ITSX App on your Ipad/Iphone/Android
2. Connect the ITSX device to your ODB 2 port
3. On your Apple device turn on Bluetooth and it will search and find the ITSX device
4. Pair them together once it has found it
5. Open your ITSX App on your Apple Device
6. * The App will tell you if you need an update your ITSX device or not. If it does it will let you email the link to yourself and you need to go on your PC and download the program and drivers you will need to update your ITSX device. So if you need an update, email the link to yourself. If you do not need to update skip to STEP : 13
7. If you need to updated your ITSX device first open your email and click the link that the App has emailed you and download the Superchips X3 software.
8. Before you connect the ITSX device to the computer, install the X3 software and it will install the drives for it.
9. After the install of the software, connect the ITSX and let the computer install the drivers.
10. Once it’s installed disconnect the ITSX device and reconnect after a few seconds just to make sure it has a fresh connection.
11. Now open the X3 Superchips software and choice the first option “Automatically updated my X3” and click update to make it updated your ITSX device. This will take at least 10 minutes to do.
12. Once it’s done, disconnect and try again to connect your apple device to the ITSX device in your car.
13. Now that your device is updated, you need to “upload” your stock tune to Ted at JRE. You do this by clicking on program then click on “upload Stock”.
14. Once you click on “Upload stock” it will upload the file and it should take about 5 minutes. Then it will let you email the tune to Ted at JRE tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, List of Performance Modifications and Preferred Octane 93 or 91 from your apple device or email to yourself first and type it all on the computer like I did.
15. Once you get the file back from Ted, you can use the superchips software on your PC to upload it or save the file to your apple device and use the Apple ITSX software upload it. I picked the PC to upload Ted’s tune.
16. *For the PC, connect your ITSX tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file Select it, then select a position 1, then name it anything you like, i.e. JRE TUNE, click on program, you will see the progress bar at the bottom go green, then exit when finished.
17. Once the file is uploaded click on Start programming and select the tune that Ted give you. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes to upload do your car.
18. Once that’s done, disconnect the ITSX device and start the car!
19. Now go out and drive it!

I got to say that I love my car’s tune now! It drives very well and has lots more power than it did before! I also did a datalog using only the ITSX and the Ipad and sent it to Ted it was easy and worked great. Ted give me a tweaked tune and I already loaded it! Thanks JRE!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
I have recently bought the superchips ITSX from Jannetty Racing (JRE) on black Friday. I have been thinking about buying a tuner for a while now but I really did not trust tuners. I already had two bad experiences with tuner a while back and I really did not want get another one. But I have researched on Camaro5 and I learned that JRE was the best. I did not find one bad review on JRE. Everyone was happy with his tune. So I bought one and I got to say, so far I love it!

So now that I have ITSX from JRE it was not easy to install it because there is no real “how to” instructions for this and there have been some problems with the ITSX itself. But all it really needs is to be updated.

Here are the steps I took to help anyone to use the new ITSX from superchips. I’m using this on my 3rd gen Ipad and using my Windows 7 PC. For the connecter wire between the ITSX tuner and the PC, I used a connecter wire from my Samsung phone and it worked just fine. You can also use an Android phone as well for the ITSX App named under “TSX” in the Google App store.

1. Download the ITSX App on your Ipad/Iphone/Android
2. Connect the ITSX device to your ODB 2 port
3. On your Apple device turn on Bluetooth and it will search and find the ITSX device
4. Pair them together once it has found it
5. Open your ITSX App on your Apple Device
6. * The App will tell you if you need an update your ITSX device or not. If it does it will let you email the link to yourself and you need to go on your PC and download the program and drivers you will need to update your ITSX device. So if you need an update, email the link to yourself. If you do not need to update skip to STEP : 13
7. If you need to updated your ITSX device first open your email and click the link that the App has emailed you and download the Superchips X3 software.
8. Before you connect the ITSX device to the computer, install the X3 software and it will install the drives for it.
9. After the install of the software, connect the ITSX and let the computer install the drivers.
10. Once it’s installed disconnect the ITSX device and reconnect after a few seconds just to make sure it has a fresh connection.
11. Now open the X3 Superchips software and choice the first option “Automatically updated my X3” and click update to make it updated your ITSX device. This will take at least 10 minutes to do.
12. Once it’s done, disconnect and try again to connect your apple device to the ITSX device in your car.
13. Now that your device is updated, you need to “upload” your stock tune to Ted at JRE. You do this by clicking on program then click on “upload Stock”.
14. Once you click on “Upload stock” it will upload the file and it should take about 5 minutes. Then it will let you email the tune to Ted at JRE tedj@jannettyracing.com along with your Full name, Address phone numbers, And all vehicle information Year, Make, Model, Engine, Trans, List of Performance Modifications and Preferred Octane 93 or 91 from your apple device or email to yourself first and type it all on the computer like I did.
15. Once you get the file back from Ted, you can use the superchips software on your PC to upload it or save the file to your apple device and use the Apple ITSX software upload it. I picked the PC to upload Ted’s tune.
16. *For the PC, connect your ITSX tuner, select Load Custom Tune File, Browse to your tune file Select it, then select a position 1, then name it anything you like, i.e. JRE TUNE, click on program, you will see the progress bar at the bottom go green, then exit when finished.
17. Once the file is uploaded click on Start programming and select the tune that Ted give you. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes to upload do your car.
18. Once that’s done, disconnect the ITSX device and start the car!
19. Now go out and drive it!

I got to say that I love my car’s tune now! It drives very well and has lots more power than it did before! I also did a datalog using only the ITSX and the Ipad and sent it to Ted it was easy and worked great. Ted give me a tweaked tune and I already loaded it! Thanks JRE!

I'm guessing you didn't get the nice full color instructions I made!

Good write up!!
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
I'm guessing you didn't get the nice full color instructions I made!

Good write up!!
No. There was one? Oh well... Post it here if you can! Or at least a link.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
NickJRE

Here you go. I apologize you didn't get them. I don't have any for the Android yet - as soon as I get my hands on an Android device I'll put some up!

http://www.jannettyracing.com/Instal...structions.pdf
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
MrBill

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickJRE View Post
Here you go. I apologize you didn't get them. I don't have any for the Android yet - as soon as I get my hands on an Android device I'll put some up!

http://www.jannettyracing.com/Instal...structions.pdf
Nice. Thank You

2010 IBM 2SS/RS 452 RWHP, 416 RWTQ
MrBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
NickJRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
Nice. Thank You
You're welcome!