Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #127
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
yes...we went back and forth a lot yesterday...he said changing anything emissions related can cause those things to be finiky...

he assured me the trifecta tune does NOT mask the monitors

he said: I found the mass air flow (MAF) sensor is slightly over-reporting airflow, so I made an adjustment to the fuel trims

so i have an adjusted tune to upload....lets see what happens with that...

the iOBD2 should be here soon...anyways chevy 3 put his camaro on it today and has 2 monitors that arent ready as well....

coincedence? besides brand...hes got literally the same setup as me

i guess the only way to know...is to revert back to stock tune and see what happens then with the monitors...if they still dont ready up we know its not the tune....what a mess

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #128
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
ughhhhh

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #129
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

reverted back to the stock tune today...and as expected...the dreaded CEL has reared its ugly amber self again

iOBD2 will be on the connector tomorrow so i can watch the monitors with the stock tune vs the custom tune...which i have an update for now...whip out the popcorn guys and gals...lol

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #130
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

im beginning to think it is not the tune after all

since there are 3 monitors not readying...o2 sensor...o2 sensor heater and cataylst...leads me to believe that since the pass side rear o2 sensor is throwing a no activity code p0140 to be exact...even after being replaced...says to me that the break in the test circuit is whats causing those 3 tests to not finish...

who the hell knows...my DT headers really look nice under the hood...but if they are keeping my car from being street legal...they may have to go...:(

Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #131
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Were you getting a code thrown with the tune ? If not it seems it was masking it ?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #132
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

no code with the tune...not sure what that means...masked or not...the monitors arent readying tune or no tune....

chevy 3 is having the same issue as me now....and made a call to your J&M shop in Manchester...theyll be contacting him back...but briefly said that we'll both need custom tunes more than likely

Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #133
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I don't understand fully how tunes work nut why can't we have the same tune as long tube headers. Don't they fix the light that comes with the long tubes. Just thinking.... How do the monitors go ready if you only have two. With long tubes don't you lose the back 02
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #134
Nutbutt

The problem comes about when the tuners modify or create a tune file. If the tests are not mapped correctly in the software to look in the right location for failures the readiness test will either never be enabled as mine was, or it will be enabled but grab data from a wrong location so the test will never complete.
If they are modifying off the OEM file the chance for mapping errors is low. If the tuner is making a totally new file they may not include software for the readiness tests since not all states require this. But they may have included software for failure detection. The scanner will look at a memory location and never find any data, returning a test status of not complete.
Only the tuner knows for sure if this was done correctly and has this tune file ever had readiness flags set.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #135
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
I don't understand fully how tunes work nut why can't we have the same tune as long tube headers. Don't they fix the light that comes with the long tubes. Just thinking.... How do the monitors go ready if you only have two. With long tubes don't you lose the back 02
Rear o2 aren't deleted they are just moved back further. Which is why a cel pops up as the location has changed. My running this turbo set up I don't use my rear o2 and are disabled with the tune.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #136
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

more investigation yesterday...saw the live voltages of the o2 sensors via a friends ridiculous scan tool that trumps even what dealers have lol

his conclusion is something in the ECM is causing the CEL and no-monitor issue...

i just cant fatham why its ECM if the CEL popped on right after the shorty headers install...

i made an appt with a different chevy dealer than where i bought mine...since they replaced the o2 sensor and that didnt fix it....

round and round we go

Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #137
Nutbutt

I take it you still have the Trifecta tune installed ?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #138
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

negative...i took it out over a month ago

Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #139
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
I'm guessing your shorty's have a very tiny leak.... Your issues sounds like what a lot of us were experiencing with the JBAs and the stacker flange..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #140
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

As far as I know..the first time i had it looked at...it was tested for leaks