Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '13 Jeep Wrangler 4WD
i dont know what the dealer did Nut....i was confident in the tune that it would pass

the evap says its ready though...i havent hooked it up again since yesterdays drive...the weather this week doesnt look promising for driving...

i may see if the dealer can perform the test for me since i dont have the time while i wait for a response from Trifecta

im fairly certain the driving ive done since the tune hasnt been what the computer has required...i only do about 20 miles a day 5 days a week and none of its highway...

i think ill acquire one of these instead of going to autozone everytime i need to scan

The Few, The Proud, The Aqua Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #27
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Can someone post a picture of what some of these hand-held scanners looks like. I seen many under Xtool. I have 3 incomplete under the Torq app and they been like this for ever. I'll post which one they are later.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I know in Mass you are allowed to have 1 test not complete. I haven't had time to try and do a drive cycle to get the O2 to be complete this morning and the weather doesn't look like its going to be good for later today. I had my tune checked in CT where I had my SC and tune done and everything passed for mass state emissions. However we didn't look at the readiness test at the time and I can say for sure they were not complete.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #29
Nutbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Can someone post a picture of what some of these hand-held scanners looks like. I seen many under Xtool. I have 3 incomplete under the Torq app and they been like this for ever. I'll post which one they are later.
I have the iOBDII WIFI from XTOOL and it does just what I need.
The drive cycle is not something I usually do and I drive 40 minutes each way to Windsor Locks or Hartford every day. Not that I take the camaro if the weather is crap. The Drive cycle can be done, I did it with my 2010 LS when I had a tune but with my vert I really didn't think about it till this thread.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #30
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

im gunna ask the dealer to do it when the weather improves...until then ill drive my s-10 and wait for Vince to get back to me

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 12-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #31
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
ive had issues trying to pass inspection as well and having monitors not ready. such a pain in the balls
Old 12-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #32
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

what was your resolution JCO?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Seems like this is a common issue with the LLT's after the time expires from being a new car and requiring inspections.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #34
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

My inspection isn't due till April but these are my issues. In the photo, I have two O2 sensors not connected as I'm only running one set because of turbos. Maybe Vince needs to turn it off as I thought he would of before. Or he did and it's just reading this for some reason. Weather is nasty here in Atlanta as of late also. I'll keep a eye on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #35
Nutbutt

These are the same for me. Weather here is suppose to get better later this week. I'm going to try the drive cycle the dealership sent me. I set up my iPhone to monitor the test enables as well as the test complete for these. Once the test is enabled you can run the test portion shortly after with no problem.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #36
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

ill get that iphone thing and give it a shot....the dealer seems to think the drive cycle wont have anything to do with it since i told him ive driven the car quite a bit since the tune...he said usually logs of 100-150 miles or less get all the monitors ready

im thinking theres something not right in the tune...and id really love for some feedback from Vince...nothing yet though...but ive been hearing hes a tough cookie to get hands on

Old 12-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
My inspection isn't due till April but these are my issues. In the photo, I have two O2 sensors not connected as I'm only running one set because of turbos. Maybe Vince needs to turn it off as I thought he would of before. Or he did and it's just reading this for some reason. Weather is nasty here in Atlanta as of late also. I'll keep a eye on it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

These are the same as mine i had to do a visual which caused me to install a set of high flows, which i took off after inspection. the rear o2 are off which is why 02 heat is not avail or simply not install in exshaust. The cat we no will never complete (you have none). My major problem is my evap has not set in two years. but according to vince they dont mess with it well something aint right and they need to figure out a fix.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

well i have cats...so that monitor should be complete for me...but im thinking since the o2 sensor monitors are both not ready...that one wont be either...

to me it sounds like theres something in the program A..causing this or B keeping the computer from re-learning

i may revert back to stock and see what happens then...but first is to get that iphone app and monitor things myself

Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

that correct cats want ready without 02s
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #40
Nutbutt

If the O2_EN and CAT_EN get set to run the test your tune should be ok to run the tests. Monitor these two.
The drive cycle to enable includes coasting from 55-60 down to 20 without breaking or down shifting. I don't think I would ever do this.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #41
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

this is silly tho...i should have logged enough miles for everything to be Ready

Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #42
Nutbutt

Well I know the O2 heater test works. I rest the ECU and then ran from a cold start for 2.5 minutes then accelerated to 55 and the O2 enable went on then test went complete. Bad part is I have evap, O2, and CAT test now not complete. I hope this means the tune isn't keeping them from running.
I have a few days off this week Ill try and get the others to run.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

a guy from WOT Tuning responded and said

Do you have any exhaust mods that may have relocated the O2 sensor(s) to a position other than stock?

For what its worth, the tune doesn't change anything that would cause your readiness checks to fail. If you were on the stock tune you'd probably have the same problem.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #44
Nutbutt

Yep I got an email from my buddy with a Cadillac cts with an LLT and he checked his obd and his evap is the only one not complete. He had his tuned over a year ago. He did say you are allowed to have one not complete.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #45
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

yes i know...my evap is ready....catalyst o2 sensor and o2 heater sensor monitors are not 3 not readys = R

Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #46
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Yep I got an email from my buddy with a Cadillac cts with an LLT and he checked his obd and his evap is the only one not complete. He had his tuned over a year ago. He did say you are allowed to have one not complete.
Not to high jack the thread correct if you don't change your manifolds, or go high flow cats any combination. If so you will end up with two incompletes.

(WOT IS LAME Imo) they don't answer your question it a guessing game your best answer will be finding some one who isnt afraid to say it. I will Vince needs to step up his game not saying he a bad tuner but it seems that he needs to listen more to what problems are happening with his tunes. Trust me there are tons and wot is where they hibernate.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
Old 12-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #47
Nutbutt

SO are you saying that we will never get these to complete without going to hi flo cats or change the manifold ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Not to high jack the thread correct if you don't change your manifolds, or go high flow cats any combination. If so you will end up with two incompletes.

(WOT IS LAME Imo) they don't answer your question it a guessing game your best answer will be finding some one who isnt afraid to say it. I will Vince needs to step up his game not saying he a bad tuner but it seems that he needs to listen more to what problems are happening with his tunes. Trust me there are tons and wot is where they hibernate.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #48
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
This is frigging bizzar!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
SO are you saying that we will never get these to complete without going to hi flo cats or change the manifold ????
Reverse if you change any you are more than likely going to have a problem.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #50
Nutbutt

Bizzar is the friggin drive that GM makes you go through to set and complete these tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
This is frigging bizzar!!