Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 390
Strut failure?

Every time I hit a bump at speed sounds like the windshield on the drivers side is going to crack , I believe it's on the compression cycle or can it be on the rebound ? Anyone with similar issues? Please help!
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
cornerspeed92


 
cornerspeed92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,848
I had this, the dealer checked it out and found nothing. Long story short, they need to remove the strut and manually move it then they will see that it has failed.
__________________
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 AM   #3
Minoclan
 
Drives: 2014 2LT RS Coupe (Red Hot)
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mendham Township, NJ
Posts: 160
My rear shock failed at 1,700 miles.
Minoclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
Ragnar
Satisfied 1.127%er
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,103
I have an earlier post on this subject. I have an appointment set for the 28th, and will give an update then.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
Every time I hit a bump at speed sounds like the windshield on the drivers side is going to crack , I believe it's on the compression cycle or can it be on the rebound ? Anyone with similar issues? Please help!
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a strut concern like this charlie46, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a strut concern like this charlie46, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Made an appointment 5/27/14 thanks for your concern.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
Made an appointment 5/27/14 thanks for your concern.
Great to hear about your appointment. We'll look forward to any further updates you can provide regarding your visit.

,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 390
We'll came back from my appointment disappointed , the tech could not find anything wrong with suspension after test driving car and trying to replicate the noise. On the way home sure enough hit a bump and again sounded like my windshield was going to crack!
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #9
Ragnar
Satisfied 1.127%er
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,103
That sucks, can you drive someone in the car with you and show them yourself?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #10
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewatkins3 View Post
That sucks, can you drive someone in the car with you and show them yourself?
The manager told the tech to put it on the left, but instead took it out for a took it drive if I would of known I would of joined him.
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
Ragnar
Satisfied 1.127%er
 
Ragnar's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,103
I am going to have someone ride with me, I saw another tread on the topic. It may have something to do with an upper spring insulator. I'll keep you posted.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
We'll came back from my appointment disappointed , the tech could not find anything wrong with suspension after test driving car and trying to replicate the noise. On the way home sure enough hit a bump and again sounded like my windshield was going to crack!
Oh no!

Sorry about your lingering concerns. If you'd like me to communicate this to the dealer, please contact me privately. Here to help!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #13
charlie46
 
Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: staten island
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh no!

Sorry about your lingering concerns. If you'd like me to communicate this to the dealer, please contact me privately. Here to help!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I'm going to try one more time with this dealer , if they can't trouble shoot the problem I'll bring it to another dealer
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie46 View Post
I'm going to try one more time with this dealer , if they can't trouble shoot the problem I'll bring it to another dealer
Not a problem,

Keep me posted on where this matter stands moving forward.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.