Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Question on LLT tune

Alright I am contemplating on getting the trifecta tune for my LLT simply because my car seems to be running rich.

Awhile ago I installed my MRTs back in mid September and at first my car was running lean and pretty rough. This I thought was normal since the ECU had to learn. I pulled the battery to make it learn a little quicker and it did. I no longer had any soot on my tips, all that black dust on the rear bumper was gone, and it wasn't rough either. Jump foward to December I drove the car and I had a lot of soot on the tips, the black dust was back again, and the motor sounds rough again. I checked for any vacuum leaks or exhaust leaks and I can't find anything. Now Today when I went to go and wash the Camaro I smelled a very rich smell coming from the exhaust. Which makes me believe its running rich now.

My only mods are a Cold Air Inductions CAI, a Rx Catch Can, and the MRTs V2. Let me also say that this is a weekend only car so even though it has been 3 and a half months since the exhaust instal its only been about 300 miles.I don't really want to do a tune because it will void my warranty but if I have to I will. My question to you guys that might know more than I do in tuning and on the ECU is do you actually believe I need the tune to fix the ratio? To me it is very strange that it went from a balanced ratio to a unbalanced one. What are some other things I might be able to do other than a tune? And is there anything that I can find pretty easily and inexpensive that could tell me what my Air to Fuel Ratio is?

Thanks for the help guys.
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
You have no mods that require a tune. The LLT normally runs rich which doesn't hurt anything. No need for a tune unless you are looking for more HP or you are getting headers or high flow cats installed.
If you really want the tune I would suggest IPF tuning. I have their tune since I have a supercharger. The tune does seem to be leaner than the oem but I would say its not by much. IPF is the only tuning company I know that have access to the original Bosch files and the only company I know to date that have been tuning M6 LLTs to within oem type idles. The Bosch ECU is not the easiest to deal with. This was important considering the emission testing in most states.