Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Trunk Monkey Parts
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #43
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
As a field damage appraiser doing auto only claims, the car may look totalled, but that is not always the case. SSDAN is correct in what he is saying, be calm, talk it over with the bus company's insurance company and see how things progress. You might be surprised on the outcome. Now, saying airbag deployment means it's a total loss, that is not true. The laws from state to state vary and most will take the amount of the airbags out of the $ equation when coming up with final numbers. Also the percentage of value varies. Here in MO it is 80% for vehicles 7 years old and newer. Older, we go to 100% of ACV.
To the one who stated you have frame damage and it's a total. Nope, don't think so. A, no frame on this vehicle, B, the hit is high. The a pillar is considered a structural item, but there is no rule from GM that you cannot repair or replace it.
To the OP, good luck and let us know how things go.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, custom splitter and ASC wicker bill. Xpel covered by ClearAutoBra.com, Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust.
2015 Midwest Muscle Car Challenge Road Course champion.
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #44
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Totaled!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
gelboy1015

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, MKIII Supras
Yep, thats totalled.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
- LS3, M6. -
Build Thread/Mods List

gelboy1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #46
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
Glad you guys are ok and sorry about the car but it's totaled dude. Upgrade, it's SS time!
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #47
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
My brother got in a bad wreck with his 2002 ZO6 when it was 9 days old. Damage looked worse than what you have. Insurance quoted it as $37,500 in damages and they still would not total it. Guess the weighed the fact it would cost them more to put him in a new one compared to fixing it.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #48
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHolland View Post
The school Bus was self insured.
I always wondered about public municipality vehicles. Wonder if they will be harder or easier to work with to get the car fixed.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #49
rjacobs

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
I always wondered about public municipality vehicles. Wonder if they will be harder or easier to work with to get the car fixed.
Claim on your own insurance and just let them deal with it. If the other driver is at fault(sounds like it is the case here as the other driver got ticketed) than your rates can not and will not go up. I have only been in one bad wreck where I needed insurance, it was not my fault, my insurance took care of everything and told me just how terrible the other persons insurance was and it was a good thing I claimed the way I did.
rjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #50
Ieatfordsforlunch

Drives: 2008 colorado
To my understanding if an airbag is deployed its considered totaled, as far as the cost of the damage it's more than the car is worth. I had less damage and my cost was 10000$. That was only re skinning the door rear quarter panel front fender and 2 rims. So don't be surprised if its totaled.
Ieatfordsforlunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #51
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
If it isn't a total i'd push for it to be. That pillar will result in a Frankenstein job. Sucks OP. where was this at? I'm in Tampa area too.
Absolutly agree

Driving in this area is ....well an "art"

glad everyone is ok
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #52
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
they'll have a company that handles all the claims. I work for a company that self insures their fleet, and all it means is damages are all paid out by the self insurer. but there's an underwriter that handles all the claims and would get involved if the amount exceed a certain amount. usually a million.

but he most likely will never hear from the municipality again.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #53
koolcamaro
Impossible=only a opinion

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS RJT
For the short time I worked in a Body Shop, I would say that is totaled. The air bags and the pillars being damaged is pointing to totaled. It almost looks like the right side fender brace is bent also. Damage can go far back to the back seats, as far as being bent, but cant see it. Glad you are ok, hope the healing process is speedy. No start picking out your new camaro.
koolcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #54
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
Claim on your own insurance and just let them deal with it. If the other driver is at fault(sounds like it is the case here as the other driver got ticketed) than your rates can not and will not go up. I have only been in one bad wreck where I needed insurance, it was not my fault, my insurance took care of everything and told me just how terrible the other persons insurance was and it was a good thing I claimed the way I did.
This is true and false. True is that your insurance will pay and it should not affect your rates. Dealing with your insurance is not easier if the other insurance company works with you. You should try them first. If they give you a hard time then go to yours. My wife has hit (in Tampa, FL too). I called our insurance and they would deal with it but the other drivers insurance had us in a rental and the car at a body shop that night with no out of pocket. You go through your insurance you will have to pay your deductible out of pocket and potentially other expenses. You will get reimbursed once your insurance company gets payed by the other insurance company but during that time your money will be tied up. (And it could take months for that to occur.)

Also do not hire an attorney unless they give you trouble. It makes things a mess and if they will deal with you fairly without one then you are better off going that route.

Good luck and again sorry about the car.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #55
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
When I got hit with my 2011 I was told it takes 100% of the value of the car before the insurance company will total the vehicle.

But I think it is different between states.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
It's totalled . It's into the a-pillar.

Tags
air bags, airbags, crash, crashed, totaled