Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons for V6 Camaros.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #51
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
From what ice heard its not legal to take converters off a car but if yours were stolen for their material value you have to replace them. That said, yours could have been stolen and you replaced them with these.
Your dealership won't have anything to say about HFC being installed. They may have issue with headers but not cats. I kinda checked on all this prior to my install and I love them! No "Rice" sound as someone said. My neighbors heard my car after install and yelled over "you've made some changes over there. Sounds like a whole lot of HP going on over there." My GF said my car is loud but not overly but significantly louder than before. I've now had people question the validity of my saying its a v6. There problem not mine but I love the sound and performance of it even more so! Now the question is what to do with my stock cat$?
Thanks for the kind words and you are absolutely 100% correct!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #52
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I have to ask. This thread is heading into its third week and I still only see 3 on the list that have purchased it from this forum to get the discount and no where near the 10 to get the best deal. My question is, anytime in the future are you planing on lowering the price on these units instead of waiting for 7 more people to order them? Only 3 sold in 3 weeks here at a popular forum like this tells me that I am not the only one that thinks these are high priced. I probably would have ordered a set up by now if they were say about $150 less(same price then as my axle-backs) and how many other people are thinking the same thing?

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #53
quualudes

Drives: 2013 V6/M6 Carmaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
I have to ask. This thread is heading into its third week and I still only see 3 on the list that have purchased it from this forum to get the discount and no where near the 10 to get the best deal. My question is, anytime in the future are you planing on lowering the price on these units instead of waiting for 7 more people to order them? Only 3 sold in 3 weeks here at a popular forum like this tells me that I am not the only one that thinks these are high priced. I probably would have ordered a set up by now if they were say about $150 less(same price then as my axle-backs) and how many other people are thinking the same thing?

Dean.
Indeed! Once we get into the $500 range, I definitely see myself putting this on my short list of mods.

Installed:
___MGW shifter, CAI Intake, VMAX ported throttle body, high flow cats, MRTv2 exhaust, Pedders cradle bushes, ZL1 swaybar upgrades (yay!!!), BMR split drop
Soon to be installed:
__1LE 3.91 Rear end
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #54
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:

Dean.
The retail price unfortunately is not going to be any lower because of the high cost to us as in making these. Margins are super thin on them because of the quality converter we use, along with the process in manufacturing them. We are the only converter that flows well enough AND filters harmless gases enough to prevent a check engine light. The winding process of the internal substrate is done using a special technique to ensure they never break apart, and they are chemically coated. It is also a fully bolt on unit, and comes with 02 extenders and all necessary hardware for installation.

What we need are more people to commit...as people purchase them, the price gets lower. You pay full price up front, but get that money back in the end with more people jumping in. Group buys like this usually start slow until a bunch more buy and post feedback, then everyone jumps in and the discount rapidly grows. Thanks so much and I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Steve
Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
quualudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
The retail price unfortunately is not going to be any lower because of the high cost to us as in making these. Margins are super thin on them because of the quality converter we use, along with the process in manufacturing them. We are the only converter that flows well enough AND filters harmless gases enough to prevent a check engine light. The winding process of the internal substrate is done using a special technique to ensure they never break apart, and they are chemically coated. It is also a fully bolt on unit, and comes with 02 extenders and all necessary hardware for installation.

What we need are more people to commit...as people purchase them, the price gets lower. You pay full price up front, but get that money back in the end with more people jumping in. Group buys like this usually start slow until a bunch more buy and post feedback, then everyone jumps in and the discount rapidly grows. Thanks so much and I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Steve
Thanks for the feedback! I am interested because the LFX doesn't really have any options for actual performance gains with exhaust bolt-on items, yet some of us still have to deal with emissions (the scary part with changing cats). :(

Definitely waiting to hear more 'real world' feedback. It will likely get a lot of people off the fence.

Installed:
___MGW shifter, CAI Intake, VMAX ported throttle body, high flow cats, MRTv2 exhaust, Pedders cradle bushes, ZL1 swaybar upgrades (yay!!!), BMR split drop
Soon to be installed:
__1LE 3.91 Rear end
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #56
skibik

Quote:

Steve
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. So if you hit 15 buyers we get approximately $105 back if my math is right, correct? So $594 total and free shipping if I have done the math. Okay, last question, since it seems kind of slow on selling are you planning on extending the deadline? I would probably think seriously about the 15% deal but that might not happen though. I will keep an eye on the list.

Thanks,
Dean.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #57
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. So if you hit 15 buyers we get approximately $105 back if my math is right, correct? So $594 total and free shipping if I have done the math. Okay, last question, since it seems kind of slow on selling are you planning on extending the deadline? I would probably think seriously about the 15% deal but that might not happen though. I will keep an eye on the list.

Thanks,
Dean.
Your math seems to be correct, and if we are close, we would definitely extend the deadline. Thanks so much! We need more people to jump in and give feedback on them. This will get others to jump in as well
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #58
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Quote:
Your math seems to be correct, and if we are close, we would definitely extend the deadline. Thanks so much! We need more people to jump in and give feedback on them. This will get others to jump in as well
Hey Steve, I have to say I love the High Flow Cats! I'm just sorry I didn't get them sooner or later depending on how you look at it. Wish I had them sooner for sure as these things really woke my car up as far as performance and sound and I didn't think that could happen with all I've already done to it, later in that I could have saved a little coin in a group buy. Still, I love them and I mean my car really sounds like the what I want now.
Someone asked me on another thread "for the money I spent, if these cats were worth it and if I'd do it again" and the answer is yes. Hell Yea!
Its a simple switch out from the out cats to these, you have the O2 extensions, everything is quality and top notch and when it came to questions before purchase, you were there to help and I couldn't be more happier with the service and product.

Not sure if this video will post or not but here's mine.

Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #59
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
would love to get in on this, but wouldn't be able to do it until next month at least :(
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #60
GOINGSOLO2

Thanks so much for the video and feedback chozn4service! We really appreciate it!!

If we need to extend it, we will, but we need to get some more people on here to make it worthwhile. The cats really are great and we have all positive feedback on them I take calls until midnight EST, so feel free to call anytime and they will ship out immediately.

Steve
516-655-9002
Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #61
AKA-22

Drives: Ellie-1
bump
Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #62
quualudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Hey Steve, I have to say I love the High Flow Cats! I'm just sorry I didn't get them sooner or later depending on how you look at it. Wish I had them sooner for sure as these things really woke my car up as far as performance and sound and I didn't think that could happen with all I've already done to it, later in that I could have saved a little coin in a group buy. Still, I love them and I mean my car really sounds like the what I want now.
Someone asked me on another thread "for the money I spent, if these cats were worth it and if I'd do it again" and the answer is yes. Hell Yea!
Its a simple switch out from the out cats to these, you have the O2 extensions, everything is quality and top notch and when it came to questions before purchase, you were there to help and I couldn't be more happier with the service and product.

Not sure if this video will post or not but here's mine.

Wow! That sounded pretty badass!! Raw and mean... Hmmm...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #63
quualudes

So, with that said, I will get in on this deal, but it can't happen till next month. MGW shifter comes first (INSTALLED TOMORROW!!!!)
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #64
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
mine should be here soon, will get some install pics done and some GoPro video of them too..

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #65
quualudes

Also, you guys might get better traction for this if people are allowed to pay something like 20% down and the rest at shipping (sans earned discount)...

Update: Errr... Nevermind, I didn't realize these are shipped when paid for and the refund happens at the end of the group buy. So much for readin' skillz!

Last edited by quualudes; 01-11-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #66
quualudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
mine should be here soon, will get some install pics done and some GoPro video of them too..
Sweet! Mount that bad boy in the rear so we can hear it running through it paces!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #67
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by quualudes View Post
Sweet! Mount that bad boy in the rear so we can hear it running through it paces!!!
Planning on it with the open back to get as much sound as possible....

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
Old 01-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #68
skibik

sycraft, do you have stock mufflers on it or do you have after market mufflers on it? Can you make sure and do a before HFC install and after install so we can tell if there is a sound difference. Would appreciate it and the information.

Thanks,
Dean.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

all stock now, will have solo cats and complete Solo exhaust after the install, so it will be dramaticly different.

For those discussing the cost, remember the LLT had headers that cost nearly the same plus cats, the LFX is just cats. no true headers sort of, this is directly bolting to the heads, allowing unrestricted flow of exhaust gasses, couple that with a good exhaust and you will realize the best gains and flow. Its all about getting air in and OUT of a motor properly. These are still a bargain, considering the materials and r&d done to insure the best possible components. I research products for a while before pulling the trigger, IPF Supercharger was one, Solo is is coming,,,, whats next on the horizon, we will have to see how it plays out, could be pretty good...

Old 01-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #70
b1gr3dmachin3

can't wait to hear how yours sound!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #71
GOINGSOLO2

Hey All,
Updated the list...added another person to it...let's keep it going and get that discount up Product ships immediately and refund is given at conclusion of group buy.

Steve
516-655-9002
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #72
AKA-51

Drives: Ellie
Smile lets get it done

bump
AKA-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #73
Roll_the_Dice

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
Here is a new video/sound clip a buddy did for me with the Solo catback exhaust and high flow cats...

Sounds great with earbuds...

2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #74
b1gr3dmachin3

Thanks for the video I wish I could hear what it sounds with the MRT v2
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #75
GOINGSOLO2

Awesome video! Thanks for posting...hopefully this will get some others to jump in now that we have a solid video MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Steve