Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #120
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Awesome!!! Thanks so much!
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #121
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
Steve got mine today will post a video when i get them installed. thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #122
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Mine showed up as well. Thank you very much! I am planning on trying to get it installed on Friday provided we pull out of this deep freeze we are in so it makes it easier to get the garage warmed up. If I do get it installed I will try and get my digital camera figured out how to shoot a movie(all I have ever used it for the last 4 years is still pictures) then will also have to figure out how to upload it.

So if I get the video thing worked out the long awaited video of a car the MRT V2.0 with these HFC's will be posted.

Dean. :party0038:

PS Thanks for the T-shirt, it looks cool.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #123
ChevyCam13

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Mine showed up as well. Thank you very much! I am planning on trying to get it installed on Friday provided we pull out of this deep freeze we are in so it makes it easier to get the garage warmed up. If I do get it installed I will try and get my digital camera figured out how to shoot a movie(all I have ever used it for the last 4 years is still pictures) then will also have to figure out how to upload it.

So if I get the video thing worked out the long awaited video of a car the MRT V2.0 with these HFC's will be posted.

Dean. :party0038:

PS Thanks for the T-shirt, it looks cool.
ChevyCam13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #124
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCam13 View Post

Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #125
GOINGSOLO2

Any time...thanks for the support guys! Another added!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #126
GOINGSOLO2

Another added...thanks for the support!!

Steve
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #127
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Group Buy List:
1. Andy D.- PAID
2. Andrew H.- PAID
3. Anthony P.- PAID
4. Clint S.- PAID
5. 69bowties- PAID
6. Kirk A.- PAID
7. skibik- PAID
8. mixedguy- PAID
9. Eric S.- PAID
10. quualudes- PAID
Awwww yeah!!
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #128
skibik

Not sure I am that impressed with some of the welding on these HFC's. I opened the box and checked them out and one bank has a pretty good sized gob of weld on the inside. Splatter wasn't cleaned off so for those that have bought it and attempting to install themselves the splatter is sharp around the flanges that bolt to the head. The way GM designed this engine I have no clue how I am going to install the passenger side, the access to the nuts on the head are a bear. Also, I am gathering you have not made instructions for the LFX application? The instructions I was sent in the PDF file are for the LLT engine. So I tried to wing it. After an hour attempt at trying to figure out how to pull the nuts off the passenger bank, especially the 2 rear ones, I gave up. The drivers side looks easy with easy access. Looks like this install will have to wait as I am thinking I am going to have to have it done professionally. If you attempt to do this yourself I would suggest you do the passenger side first because you don't want to end up with the drivers side on and not be able to get the passenger side done. For those that bought and do it themselves good luck. Let me know how you were able to tackle the passenger side.

Dean.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #129
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51-Ho-Vette
You have to access from underneath, its really not that hard from there. The studs may come out, but thats ok, once you remove them, take off the nuts and put the stud back in. It helps to have a gear ratchet and air tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Not sure I am that impressed with some of the welding on these HFC's. I opened the box and checked them out and one bank has a pretty good sized gob of weld on the inside. Splatter wasn't cleaned off so for those that have bought it and attempting to install themselves the splatter is sharp around the flanges that bolt to the head. The way GM designed this engine I have no clue how I am going to install the passenger side, the access to the nuts on the head are a bear. Also, I am gathering you have not made instructions for the LFX application? The instructions I was sent in the PDF file are for the LLT engine. So I tried to wing it. After an hour attempt at trying to figure out how to pull the nuts off the passenger bank, especially the 2 rear ones, I gave up. The drivers side looks easy with easy access. Looks like this install will have to wait as I am thinking I am going to have to have it done professionally. If you attempt to do this yourself I would suggest you do the passenger side first because you don't want to end up with the drivers side on and not be able to get the passenger side done. For those that bought and do it themselves good luck. Let me know how you were able to tackle the passenger side.

Dean.

2015 Corvette Stingray Z51, 7 Speed, Competition Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges and Trim, Adrenaline Red Interior, Custom Stripes, Tint, Lowered on stock bolts, Z06 Grill, Z06 Splitter, Borla Exhaust (soon)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #130
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
You have to access from underneath, its really not that hard from there. The studs may come out, but thats ok, once you remove them, take off the nuts and put the stud back in. It helps to have a gear ratchet and air tools.

Thanks for the info. I will have to try from underneath then. But to me it looked like it would be impossible to reach them from the under the car. I'm working with the car on jack stands and not a car lift (which would be the ultimate way to work on this) so reach is limited. Just didn't look like it could be done from the bottom side. It looked easier from the top side and wanted to do it before jacking the car up. Well maybe another try at another time.

I am going to have to wait until another weekend to do this because I just couldn't get the garage up to temp that was comfortable to work in. We have been in a deep freeze here and can't seem to get the garage up to temp with the heat I have. I normally don't work in the garage when it is below zero and today it is not warming up.

Dean.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #131
GOINGSOLO2

Another added...you guys are awesome....only 6 days left in the group buy...call now to order and get in on the reduced price

Steve
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #132
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
It helps to have a gear ratchet and air tools.
What would you recommend for a gear ratchet set? A nice quality set that isn't stupid expensive? Between my car and my motorcycle, I have a need for a ratcheting wrench far too often... :(
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #133
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray Z51-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by quualudes View Post
What would you recommend for a gear ratchet set? A nice quality set that isn't stupid expensive? Between my car and my motorcycle, I have a need for a ratcheting wrench far too often... :(
I have the Sears ones, but some longer ones would be nice, but they are $$$. At least with sears, if it breaks I get new ones..

2015 Corvette Stingray Z51, 7 Speed, Competition Seats, Red Calipers, Carbon Flash Badges and Trim, Adrenaline Red Interior, Custom Stripes, Tint, Lowered on stock bolts, Z06 Grill, Z06 Splitter, Borla Exhaust (soon)
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #134
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
Do you have any pictures of the welds?
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #135
GOINGSOLO2

The welds are visible in the pictures in the first post They are all hand welded by our experienced guys in the shop!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #136
GOINGSOLO2

Only 5 days left in the group buy!!! Get your order in now at the 15% reduced pricing before it's too late. Call me anytime at 516-655-9002, 7 days a week until midnight EST.

Steve