Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
BiG_TiMe
My build thread is dope.

Drives: Makayla
Feed me info about tuning please

ok so the reason why i'm soon looking to get tuned is because i plan on geting some LT headers w/ HFC. I already have a CAI, axle-back exhaust, and IM spacer. (i'll eventually get the stuff under the hood ported too)

BUT my main concern: I don't know anything about tunes. Like I understand all the benefits and my power train warranty being gone. But how does it work? If I buy one of those tuners from like Trifecta, can I reuse it over again after new mods are installed? Are the ones you can buy better than going to a shop?

I just need someone to give me the 101 on tuning
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
the consensus is a dyno and street tune will be better than a email tune which is better than out of the box or can tune.

Congrats on the upgrades!
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
BiG_TiMe
My build thread is dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
the consensus is a dyno and street tune will be better than a email tune which is better than out of the box or can tune.

Congrats on the upgrades!
so just go to a good shop that does tuning then?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
About your warranty, the tune does negate your drive train warranty. Typically the dealers will not bring this up unless the car has been noticeably been tracked or abused. I have had issues in the past and the dealers have fix my car even with a tune and Mods. The tune does given the dealer and GM the option of not honoring the warranty but most of the time they will work with you. Even recently I had my BCM updated by my dealership, they have seen my Supercharger and other mods, but they also know I'm not abusing the car or the accessories.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
so just go to a good shop that does tuning then?
That's what I would do. Unless you live hundreds of miles from a tuner. Which you don't.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
tj@LSRPerformance

Drives: 2011 Camaro
LSR Performance has some great tunes that can take your car to the next level. We ask you a series of questions before we write your tune.

With a CAI/Tune ... we have seen peak gains showed remarkable increases of up to 36hp and 39 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels.

Best Regards,

TJ
tj@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #7
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@LSRPerformance View Post
LSR Performance has some great tunes that can take your car to the next level. We ask you a series of questions before we write your tune.

With a CAI/Tune ... we have seen peak gains showed remarkable increases of up to 36hp and 39 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels.

Best Regards,

TJ
That'd be awesome, if it was applicable for our V6
Old 12-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
BiG_TiMe
My build thread is dope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
About your warranty, the tune does negate your drive train warranty. Typically the dealers will not bring this up unless the car has been noticeably been tracked or abused. I have had issues in the past and the dealers have fix my car even with a tune and Mods. The tune does given the dealer and GM the option of not honoring the warranty but most of the time they will work with you. Even recently I had my BCM updated by my dealership, they have seen my Supercharger and other mods, but they also know I'm not abusing the car or the accessories.
oh ok, yea i don't take my car to the track or anything. i just want a more kick to it. i treat this car like it's my baby lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
That'd be awesome, if it was applicable for our V6
haha it's not?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #9
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Go see Mike Haddad..in LA
Old 12-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #10
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
oh ok, yea i don't take my car to the track or anything. i just want a more kick to it. i treat this car like it's my baby lol

haha it's not?
I think most of here treat our cars like that but correct, that's like what above what IPF claims for our v6's but their claims arnt too far behind from that number 312 x .10 (the percentage they claim their tune gets, unless its changed) =31.2 yeah I need proof because that's pretty impressive and us LLT's don't like dynos...stupid pulled timing
Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
quincy speeder

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Tuning is definitely worth it. When you find a local shop do alot of research first to make sure they are the shop for you.

2008 C6, 427ci,YSI,mcleod clutch,Alky control, built tranny, custom fuel system. 985rwhp, best 1/4 -9.4 at 152mph. still trying to get the shifting down:(
quincy speeder is offline   Reply With Quote