Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #276
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Well, LG released photos of their wheels, and I don't know how, but it looks nearly identical to the real ZL1 wheels, so props to them! It is definitely the better looking replica, but they aren't offering other finishes or sizes other than OEM so I won't be buying them. Not to mention the price Factory Reproductions is listing theirs for is much much better.

I'm sure its too late for any last second design change on these wheels, especially since their patent is on the way through. Hope they look good in the real photos. I still want these.

That said, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I think these wheels would look every bit as good as the real deal with one very simple change to the design that I would doubt could infringe on GM's patent considering other parts of the wheel are different from GM's design (which is the color differences in the two toned wheels, and how on this version the edge of the rim sinks inward, in the wide areas between the spokes, whereas on the GM version this area is raised.)

You can see below how I've changed 3 of the 5 sets of spokes. Thoughts?
Attached Images

IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #277
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Lg approx 2,000 shipped.

Factory Reproductions 1k shipped.

Enough said
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #278
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Lg approx 2,000 shipped.

Enough said
^^^this times 100

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #279
AlexM

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
^^^this times 100

I don't get why a set of replicas would cost anything over $1000, unless they would be forged wheels...
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #280
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Still no thought on 22s
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #281
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Lg approx 2,000 shipped.

Enough said
quility, finish, and looks play a great role in LG's
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #282
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
Sorry, I disagree. How do you know one is more quality the other? Have you seen both in person or tested the strength of either? Just because its more expensive does not mean it's better. People fall for that scam all the time on this forum.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #283
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM View Post

I don't get why a set of replicas would cost anything over $1000, unless they would be forged wheels...
Because they say "LG" on them. That alone bumps the price up 85%. lol.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #284
KMPrenger

Quote:
I also have to disagree that LG's quality will be any better than these. I've ready PLENTY of good things about Factory Reproductions other replica wheels so I have no worries about that.

The only one up that LG has is their design is closer to the original....IF you want a black wheel in the OEM sizes. Which I do not.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #285
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Sorry, I disagree. How do you know one is more quality the other? Have you seen both in person or tested the strength of either? Just because its more expensive does not mean it's better. People fall for that scam all the time on this forum.
well finish wise, LG's is powder coated and thats more durable so there 1. 2, it actually looks like the zl1 wheels , 3 you may be right on quality but from what i've read about all of Lg's products, its top notch. Im not saying these wont be good, i may even get myself a chrome set so im not knocking FR
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #286
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well, LG released photos of their wheels, and I don't know how, but it looks nearly identical to the real ZL1 wheels, so props to them! It is definitely the better looking replica, but they aren't offering other finishes or sizes other than OEM so I won't be buying them. Not to mention the price Factory Reproductions is listing theirs for is much much better.

I'm sure its too late for any last second design change on these wheels, especially since their patent is on the way through. Hope they look good in the real photos. I still want these.

That said, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I think these wheels would look every bit as good as the real deal with one very simple change to the design that I would doubt could infringe on GM's patent considering other parts of the wheel are different from GM's design (which is the color differences in the two toned wheels, and how on this version the edge of the rim sinks inward, in the wide areas between the spokes, whereas on the GM version this area is raised.)

Quote:
I also have to disagree that LG's quality will be any better than these. I've ready PLENTY of good things about Factory Reproductions other replica wheels so I have no worries about that.

The only one up that LG has is their design is closer to the original....IF you want a black wheel in the OEM sizes. Which I do not.
Three factors will play a role in my decision. While the LG wheels is closer to the original, the LG wheel has the ZR28 engraved between the spokes which i do not care for. I was told the OEM center cap will not fit and since it is larger, it will not look that good modifyied as I did on my current wheel. The last is the price, for almost 2K shipped, a little more for the OEM's would be the path I would take. I think these will look very nice mounted. I will likely grab a set as long as they are no heavier than my current set, 30.5/31.5 lbs respectively...
Vengeance stage I cam (442rwhp/412rwtq) / CAI intake w/ADM race scoop / Dynatech LT's / ATI udp / JRE tuned / Eaton Posi LPE-JRE 3.91's / L99 Corsa / Whiteline Sways & Bushings / UMI Trailing Arms & Toe Rods / ZL1 wheels / NT05 275/315
NinoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #287
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Folks its like $600 difference. U justify your purchase any way u want. U can almost get 2 sets for the price of one. You be the judge

Last edited by zkdreads; 03-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #288
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
Folks its a $1000 difference. U justify your purchase any way u want. U can get 2 sets for the price of one. You be the judge

It's more like a $600 difference. These are $1,099 + Shipping, LG's are $1,695 +shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
Three factors will play a role in my decision. While the LG wheels is closer to the original, the LG wheel has the ZR28 engraved between the spokes which i do not care for. I was told the OEM center cap will not fit and since it is larger, it will not look that good modifyied as I did on my current wheel. The last is the price, for almost 2K shipped, a little more for the OEM's would be the path I would take. I think these will look very nice mounted. I will likely grab a set as long as they are no heavier than my current set, 30.5/31.5 lbs respectively...

The LG's are said to be 31 pounds... but nothing official yet.

Also the OEM's are $2,000 a piece I thought? Not for the set of 4, so it's like 4 times more not just a little more.

Quote:

I like your idea.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #289
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

It's more like a $600 difference. These are $1,099 + Shipping, LG's are $1,695 +shipping.

Also the OEM's are $2,000 a piece I thought? Not for the set of 4, so it's like 4 times more not just a little more.
They are $919. $1099 is for a chrome finish, which LG does NOT offer. I'm sure if they did their price would be closer to $2000. So yes, it is a $1000 less for factory repro's wheels.

OEM ZL1 wheels can be had for $3200 for a set from Parts Taxi.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #290
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
well finish wise, LG's is powder coated and thats more durable so there 1. 2, it actually looks like the zl1 wheels , 3 you may be right on quality but from what i've read about all of Lg's products, its top notch. Im not saying these wont be good, i may even get myself a chrome set so im not knocking FR
Anyone can get a set of wheels powder coated for about $150 to $200. That makes LG wheels still over priced by $500.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #291
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
They are $919. $1099 is for a chrome finish, which LG does NOT offer. I'm sure if they did their price would be closer to $2000. So yes, it is a $1000 less for factory repro's wheels.

OEM ZL1 wheels can be had for $3200 for a set from Parts Taxi.
Whoops true, I grabbed the wrong number. And the $1,695 is only the deposit, I forget.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #292
KMPrenger

I hope Doug can get us some real pictures and weight soon!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #293
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010 2LT RY, 2014 Silverado
Although I like LG's design, and I think its spot on, I really don't want 11" rears. By the time you pay the price for the LG's, look how much tires are going to cost as well. That was my biggest concern. A 20x9 and 20x10 is more what I'm going for. Both of these companies wheels have pro's and cons, but at least someone went for it and is going to make them. These wheels on here look good, and I like the size, but I agree with KMPrenger and his changing of the spokes. That would be perfect!

Hypertech | Airaid | JBA Exhaust | RX Catch Can/CNC TB/Black Ice-Olator | Ported Intake/Heads | 1LE Brembos | F14's | RS Headlights | ZL1 Grille
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #294
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
Quote:
Whoops true, I grabbed the wrong number. And the $1,695 is only the deposit, I forget.

Thanks for the clarification.
$1695 is the price for the set, $500 is the deposit.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #295
chathen613

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:

I would buy 100% buy these without a second glance! Very nice!!

My ride: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242142
chathen613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #296
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:

I like your idea.
So you thought people were spending $8000 for OEM's?
Vengeance stage I cam (442rwhp/412rwtq) / CAI intake w/ADM race scoop / Dynatech LT's / ATI udp / JRE tuned / Eaton Posi LPE-JRE 3.91's / L99 Corsa / Whiteline Sways & Bushings / UMI Trailing Arms & Toe Rods / ZL1 wheels / NT05 275/315
NinoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #297
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
So you thought people were spending $8000 for OEM's?
I thought they were around $1,500-$2,000 a pop new from GM. That's why I put the question mark.

My numbers were off on the LG wheels because of the price only being the deposit price.

And off on the FR wheels because I quoted the Chrome.

Not sure whats so funny, GM charges bank for their OEM wheels.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #298
OVERPAR73
2013 CRT ZL1 convertible

Drives: 2013 ZL1 vert
I'm ready to but a chrome set as soon as there available! It would be nice to get a set of 22"
Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #299
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Any updates? Been a while since FR posted on here.

Hopefully they are still making these wheels.

Does anyone know if these are for sure gonna be ready by may?
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #300
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Any updates? Been a while since FR posted on here.

Hopefully they are still making these wheels.

Does anyone know if these are for sure gonna be ready by may?
I spoke to Doug the other day. Yes they are still on for May.