|12-20-2012, 04:58 PM||#1|
Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NAS PENSACOLA, FL
NEED CAMARO GRAPHIC/PIC ALREADY FORMATTED
Looking for a Camaro graphic already formatted for the Kenwood 9990 ready for me to load onto a flash drive and transfer. I am not smart enough to do this myself and I assume somebody out there already has one they are using.
If you are not sure what I'm talking about here are the instructions.....
I just finished updating the boot up screen on my 9990HD. Here is the information that I got from another site;
The first steps is to format your image
1) File Type needs to be Bit Map
2) Pixel Size should be 800 * 480, but you need to first set to 921 * 480
3) Picture does need to be crushed during finalization, from 921*480 to 800 *480, as it will get expanded when loaded
4) You need to use a dedicated image processing application such as Photoshop in order to be able to make the right settings and save in the correct format.
5) Save as 16 bit Full Color BMP and the setting of RGB of R5,G6,B5 is very important
6) Windows Applications like Paint cannot be used to make the BMP as the settings for the RGB and picture crushing cannot be done with that application.
Note: Step 5 above is absolutely crucial to accomplish this task. If its not in this format it may not show or it may not load
Before entering the setup mode, save your settings from the SETUP MEMORY option. Select TOOLS, SYSTEM, SETUP MEMORY. Select YES, MEMORY and confirm that you want to write to the memory. This is also detailed on page 84 of the owners manual. Once the start up screen proceeder is complete, recall your settings from the above options. (I didnt bother with this step)
To enter setup Mode, Press and hold VOLUME DOWN & MENU buttons, then press RESET button (red triangle). (I had to us a pen to press in the red triangle my fingers r too big, funny my wife never complained about that, go figure )
• Release reset button, and hold VOLUME DOWN & MENU buttons until illumination activates. (This is the step I missed. Once you preset the red triangle while holding the other 2 bottoms radio will go off. STAY holding the 2 buttons until you see your radio button lights come on then continue)
• Once the startup screen menu loads, connect the USB Thumb drive containing image file. The files must be in the root directory.
• If you want to change the opening image to your own image (i.e., company logo), Press OEM Image.
• Select the image you want. The image does not seem to display (blank window) and two boxes show up even if you only have one image on the thumb drive. Pick the first one if you only have one image on the thumb drive and when you select it it will show the file name.
• If you want to put original KENWOOD opening back, press KENWOOD image.
• When the image is loaded, select Enter. Once the file writing is complete, hit the RESET button again. The unit should now boot with your new screen. Recall your settings and your done
And it did work for me.
*CAMARO5 CAMARO OF THE WEEK 3/21/11*
*1ST PLACE - NAVAL STATION SAN DIEGO CAR SHOW 4/17/11*
*PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD - SAN DIEGO FREEDOM FESTIVAL CAR SHOW 7/4/11*
*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353