Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
A list...Running Thread

Ok, so I know that I am one of those people who as soon as I see my car I am gonna be love struck and blind, and after reading a few posts about the issues that people are finding once they get their cars home, I realized I would rather not have to do that so I am looking for a list of things I should be looking for and expecting, problem areas or just little things that people are finding, such as mismatched paint on the bumpers or blue dash lights on the Inferno Orange Interior...I will take this list with me and check them off as I go, suggest anyone else who is way too excited and knows they will see nothing but perfection...

I am getting (SOON YAYAY) a 2SS/RS Inferno Orange w/ matching interior, auto trans

THANKS ALL!!
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno

Last edited by DanielleAnne; 06-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer
 
SicSix6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bristow, VA
Posts: 758
__________________

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
LadiesMan217

 
LadiesMan217's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicSix6 View Post
Wow...a bit uncalled for.

She's just looking for a quick reference so she can take with her on her inspection. LOL

1. Mismatched Paint
2. Blue/Orange Instrument Cluster
3. Scratches
4. Check the side mirrors.
5. Is there a way to check the battery cable???
__________________
Proud Member of NEC5!
LadiesMan217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
67 Convertible

 
67 Convertible's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAnne View Post
Ok, so I know that I am one of those people who as soon as I see my car I am gonna be love struck and blind, and after reading a few posts about the issues that people are finding once they get their cars home, I realized I would rather not have to do that so I am looking for a list of things I should be looking for and expecting, problem areas or just little things that people are finding, such as mismatched paint on the bumpers or blue dash lights on the Inferno Orange Interior...I will take this list with me and check them off as I go, suggest anyone else who is way too excited and knows they will see nothing but perfection...

I am getting (SOON YAYAY) a 2SS/RS Inferno Orange w/ matching interior, auto trans

THANKS ALL!!
Search "Taking Delivery 101" There is already a list in this thread
__________________
_____________________________________________
2LT/RS RJT, Blk Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, Sunroof
Placed order at dealer 4/24/09
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Search "Taking Delivery 101" There is already a list in this thread
Why thank you that is exactly what I was looking for!!! Thanks guys!
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
steelmart
 
steelmart's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 360
Mine had a few minor scratches, but it also had a scratched windshield. It looked like they turned them on without the blade on passengers side.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #7
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Really? Did they take care of it or just say too bad? That is the kind of stuff I am getting worried about, there are a bunch of horror stories I have heard both on forums and from some other places on the internet.
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
AMERICANMADE
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Posts: 220
Okay, searching is a good idea, but a search doesn't guaranty you will find it all. How is a member supposed to be confident they have found everything in a search when comments are scattered in and out of multiple threads. She has a good point. One titled running thread would be nice for those who don't stayed logged on 24/7.
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
LOL I knew I'd be giddy so I took a list with me to pick up my car last night! In addition to what LadiesMan posted, here were some items on my list that I can remember (I tossed it as soon as I saw that everything "passed" )

- Rocker panels - a member on here recently had one that wasn't flush (or even close) with the bottom of the door.
- Interior accent panels on the dash and door - do they match at the door hinge
- Trunk release - does it open when the car's not running
- Since you're getting an automatic, might want to check the remote start
- No dealer stickers - mine put one on but it peeled off easily.
- Did they install/not install the front license plate bracket, according to your wishes?

Have fun picking up your car!!!
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANMADE View Post
Okay, searching is a good idea, but a search doesn't guaranty you will find it all. How is a member supposed to be confident they have found everything in a search when comments are scattered in and out of multiple threads. She has a good point. One titled running thread would be nice for those who don't stayed logged on 24/7.
Not really good with how to make it a running thread other than just write it lol...thats just it, and I dont want opinion or thoughts I want facts, things that owners have experienced not just things that people talk trash about.
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
LDGn63
 
LDGn63's Avatar
 
Drives: WNABEE
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 538
A-pillar plastic covers pop off (partially at the top)
__________________
Why oh Why?
Windshield=10" vertical
mirror= 3 7/8" (that's almost 4") vertical
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
LDGn63
 
LDGn63's Avatar
 
Drives: WNABEE
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICANMADE View Post
Okay, searching is a good idea, but a search doesn't guaranty you will find it all. How is a member supposed to be confident they have found everything in a search when comments are scattered in and out of multiple threads. She has a good point. One titled running thread would be nice for those who don't stayed logged on 24/7.
+1

all "camaro problem" threads are not started with the words "camaro problem"

good ones to look for may be: issue, help, problem, etc...

A "list" as suggested would be awesome.
__________________
Why oh Why?
Windshield=10" vertical
mirror= 3 7/8" (that's almost 4") vertical
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #13
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
LOL I knew I'd be giddy so I took a list with me to pick up my car last night! In addition to what LadiesMan posted, here were some items on my list that I can remember (I tossed it as soon as I saw that everything "passed" )

- Rocker panels - a member on here recently had one that wasn't flush (or even close) with the bottom of the door.
- Interior accent panels on the dash and door - do they match at the door hinge
- Trunk release - does it open when the car's not running
- Since you're getting an automatic, might want to check the remote start
- No dealer stickers - mine put one on but it peeled off easily.
- Did they install/not install the front license plate bracket, according to your wishes?

Have fun picking up your car!!!
See I wouldnt have thought about the remote start or the trunk. The interior stuff i have been concerned about since the interior I am getting is not standard...my dealer already knows about the stickers.

AND THANKS I AM SO SO HAPPY!!
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #14
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
A-pillar plastic covers pop off (partially at the top)
Good catch! That was on my list too.
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #15
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79
 
Stingr69's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LR AR
Posts: 1,574
That car with the blue rings on a V6 IOM interior was not a "factory error". The factory will be putting blue rings on any V6 model IOM interior car. The car in question was not an SS like yours is so you are fine. That is how they will all be built. The 2SS with IOM interior will still get the IOM rings. They just did not design a special guage cluster for the V6 with IOM interior setup. :(

So no real need to get too concerned about that.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #16
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Hmm has that been a problem for quite a while with some Chev models correct? But I will make sure of that, I wont let anything "pop off" the camaro lol
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
That car with the blue rings on a V6 IOM interior was not a "factory error". The factory will be putting blue rings on any V6 model IOM interior car. The car in question was not an SS like yours is so you are fine. That is how they will all be built. The 2SS with IOM interior will still get the IOM rings. They just did not design a special guage cluster for the V6 with IOM interior setup. :(

So no real need to get too concerned about that.

-Mark.
AHHH ok that does make a huge difference, just kinda passed over the V6 part I guess, but that is def good to know. One of those deals (opps:?)
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
AMERICANMADE
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas
Posts: 220
I think DanielleAnne may have just started our thread. By 10:00 pm tonight "A list" just may be the ticket. Thanks DanielleAnne!
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
I was kinda hoping for something like that, I have learned to trust most the people on here and I know they know what they are talking about, and an educated list would be so nice for EVERYONE, who is (not) patiently waiting lol
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
LadiesMan217

 
LadiesMan217's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Search "Taking Delivery 101" There is already a list in this thread
I didn't see a list of specific things to look for in that thread. Just things to do when taking delivery.

Both threads can coexist. This is a thread listing specific examples of documented problems that have been showing up with actual deliveries.

I, for one, just wrote down everything that has been listed on this thread because I'm going to inspect my car tonight
__________________
Proud Member of NEC5!
LadiesMan217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #21
steelmart
 
steelmart's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleAnne View Post
Really? Did they take care of it or just say too bad? That is the kind of stuff I am getting worried about, there are a bunch of horror stories I have heard both on forums and from some other places on the internet.
They are going to take care of it but don't know how long it will take to get the windshield.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #22
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
WOOHOO!!! Good luck!
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #23
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmart View Post
They are going to take care of it but don't know how long it will take to get the windshield.
Thats annoying but at least they are...does she look good?
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #24
DanielleAnne
 
DanielleAnne's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 75 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 339
For example....http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26658
__________________
2SS/RS Inferno on Inferno
DanielleAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #25
steelmart
 
steelmart's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 360
Looks killer. Black/cyber grey rally's 20" polished 2ss/rs
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official 1/4 Mile (V8) 2010+ Camaro Fast List Merc Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion 2618 07-18-2014 04:24 PM
What's on your xmas list? Mindz Off-topic Discussions 77 10-29-2009 03:25 PM
When your car is on the dealer's transit list, what does this mean? Jferrell88 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 7 04-29-2009 08:13 AM
INDYBASH Contact List punkdrum01 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 54 09-19-2008 09:06 AM
GM dominates list of finalists KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 12-13-2007 11:24 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.