Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #29
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,696
Car is looking great. Nice choice in exhaust if I might add.
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
How different that makes the car look. Car is looking good. I am surprised how dark you went on the windshield. Wouldn't that be kind of hard to see out of in the evening or dark?

You people that live in states that allow that much tint on windows are lucky. Minnesota laws suck, only allow something like 10%. But, according to my friend, he says that if you own an SUV you can just about black out the rear window and the side rear windows but you can't on cars and pickups. How crazy is that? I would love to be able to put dark tint on my side and rear window because I think it would make my black car look more stealthy.

Dean.
It definitely adds a whole new look to the car, looks way better IMO. The tint I did is not legal, but cops in Vegas are usually pretty lenient because of how hot and sunny it gets here. You can see just fine out of it, it's a little dark at night but not a big deal. Especially with how awesome it makes the car look!

By the way, you sure Minnesota allows 10%? The lower the percentage, the darker the tint is. The law here is no less than 35%.
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #31
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Car is looking great. Nice choice in exhaust if I might add.
I LOVE the exhaust, the sound is just plain awesome! Sounds so mean haha!
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #32
lscamaro


 
lscamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 10,310
Wow, you went dark on the windshield. I've seen 50% before but 35% is new. It looks amazing though!
__________________

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,714
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Awesome start.

Lot's of change for the money mods available.

Tint was a nice next move.

You'd be shocked how much different some drop springs will make. Both driving AND looks.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #34
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Wow, you went dark on the windshield. I've seen 50% before but 35% is new. It looks amazing though!
Thank you, I have a couple buddies with this setup, not on camaros tho. Love the look of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Awesome start.

Lot's of change for the money mods available.

Tint was a nice next move.

You'd be shocked how much different some drop springs will make. Both driving AND looks.
Thanks, I think drop springs will be down the road but still on the list!
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,598
That tint looks badass man! Nice!
__________________
Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #36
skibik
Guest
 
Drives: bbbbbb
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: bfe
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
It definitely adds a whole new look to the car, looks way better IMO. The tint I did is not legal, but cops in Vegas are usually pretty lenient because of how hot and sunny it gets here. You can see just fine out of it, it's a little dark at night but not a big deal. Especially with how awesome it makes the car look!

By the way, you sure Minnesota allows 10%? The lower the percentage, the darker the tint is. The law here is no less than 35%.

Not sure exactly how the tint rate works. The way I think of it is if you put a 35% tint to your window you have made it 35% darker in which 100% tint would be blacked out. Usually the factory adds a UV protection into the glass and I think that is referred to as a 10% tint which pretty much all states allow. Maybe someone can enlighten me on exactly how the tint percentage really works if I am wrong.

I know we can't have dark tint here in MN. I work with a guy who moved from California and I seen his name in the paper for illegal tint on windows and was fined something like $140.

As said it looks great.

Dean.

Edit: Just found some info. Minnesota allows 50% and 20% reflectivity. Also found out it does refer to how much light is transferred. I guess I learned something.

Last edited by skibik; 01-19-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: New information
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #37
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 10,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Not sure exactly how the tint rate works. The way I think of it is if you put a 35% tint to your window you have made it 35% darker in which 100% tint would be blacked out. Usually the factory adds a UV protection into the glass and I think that is referred to as a 10% tint which pretty much all states allow. Maybe someone can enlighten me on exactly how the tint percentage really works if I am wrong.

I know we can't have dark tint here in MN. I work with a guy who moved from California and I seen his name in the paper for illegal tint on windows and was fined something like $140.

As said it looks great.

Dean.
Dam that tint is dark! And glad you are subscribed to my build thread haha, hopefully I can help give you some ideas.


As far as the tint darkness question....I had 35% on my driver and passenger side windows and one day I got pulled over and the cop measure how much light can come through and with the factory tint only 28% light got through. So I am assuming the 35% means that only 35% of light actually comes through. I do really miss my tint, dam NY law, it kept the car so much cooler in the summer.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #38
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
That tint looks badass man! Nice!
Thanks bro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Dam that tint is dark! And glad you are subscribed to my build thread haha, hopefully I can help give you some ideas.


As far as the tint darkness question....I had 35% on my driver and passenger side windows and one day I got pulled over and the cop measure how much light can come through and with the factory tint only 28% light got through. So I am assuming the 35% means that only 35% of light actually comes through. I do really miss my tint, dam NY law, it kept the car so much cooler in the summer.
That's why I subscribed to your build thread, always looking for ideas!
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #39
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Just ordered my new Anvil spoiler! I am getting it painted locally IOM to match my car as well. After I get that painted and installed, I will be getting some stripes and tinting my tail lights. Pics will follow as I get each project done!
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #40
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Got my Anvil spoiler! Just got done fitting it yesterday and it's all ready to go to get painted today. Looks fantastic, I can't wait to get this thing on!
Attached Images
  
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #41
'11CamaroLS
 
'11CamaroLS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 475
Your cars coming along nicely, looks great. have any new pics of the painted spoiler? Nice to see more modded v6's in Vegas.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #42
b1gr3dmachin3
 
b1gr3dmachin3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
Your cars coming along nicely, looks great. have any new pics of the painted spoiler? Nice to see more modded v6's in Vegas.
Wow, I thought I put the picture up...lol I'll put it up right now, and thank you! What side of town are you at?
__________________
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.