Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
$900 Destination Charge Question

This may be a stupid question, but since the MSRP on vehicles include the $900 destination charge, do dealers charge an additional $900 on top of the vehicles MSRP once you purchase the vehicle?

I haven't ever noticed this until now. But I'm sitting here looking at some figures the dealer gave me for a 1LE that I'm suppose to pick up on Wed and they started from $43,835 MSRP(which includes the $900). Subtracted out the GM preferred price, $1500 in rebates THEN ADDED the $900 once they subtracted the preferred price and rebates.

Am I missing something here?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Tell them you won't pay it, they'll get over it.

I refuse to pay for any of that nonsense that they add when I et a new car.

Congrats on the new car!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
The msrp does not include the destination. That is the price of the vehicle and options.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The msrp does not include the destination. That is the price of the vehicle and options.

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
The Total MSRP does include the $900 destination charge. Go on chevrolet.com and build your Camaro and tell me if it does not factor in the $900.

It does.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
do nt pick it up unless they lower the "out the door price"

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
You need to ask what that $900 add on was for. I bet they give you some BS about DOC fees. If you signed the papers already then you have agreed to pay it then...if not then you need to find out before you sign.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I didn't pay Doc fee's or destination. In fact all I paid for was $500 under invoice and TTL. If I can do that so can you. Be prepared to walk away if need be to get what you want. They will either sell it to you or they won't, but I'm willing to say if they want to make a sale then they will work with you. If not, Chevrolet will make more. Simple.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
kevin1106

Drives: 2014 3LT-Z51 Vert
When negotiating price, that fee is included in the vehicle price. So when you get into finance be sure that they don't include it again. 100% of the time they do and most people don't even notice. Easy way to get 900.00 more out of people.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You need to ask what that $900 add on was for. I bet they give you some BS about DOC fees. If you signed the papers already then you have agreed to pay it then...if not then you need to find out before you sign.
Nope, no Doc fees considering it says Destination $900. I won't accept Doc fees. They can kiss my ass, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
I didn't pay Doc fee's or destination. In fact all I paid for was $500 under invoice and TTL. If I can do that so can you. Be prepared to walk away if need be to get what you want. They will either sell it to you or they won't, but I'm willing to say if they want to make a sale then they will work with you. If not, Chevrolet will make more. Simple.
I'll walk away, no problem. Granted there are 2 others with the same options I want just different colors. I found a Blu-ray and Black 2SS/1LE with everything. So that'll be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
When negotiating price, that fee is included in the vehicle price. So when you get into finance be sure that they don't include it again. 100% of the time they do and most people don't even notice. Easy way to get 900.00 more out of people.
I agree with you, I didn't even pay attention to it until I was looking for more 1LEs with Nav and came across 2 more. Then I kept lookin at my OTD price and it included $900 again. We will see on Wed though, either I walk or it'll be in my possession. If they incorporate free oil changes and tire hazard warranty sure, I'll do both for $900 if not, nope. Thanks all!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Nope, no Doc fees considering it says Destination $900. I won't accept Doc fees. They can kiss my ass, lol.

I'll walk away, no problem. Granted there are 2 others with the same options I want just different colors. I found a Blu-ray and Black 2SS/1LE with everything. So that'll be no problem.
!
I agree they shouldn't have added it back in then... Hopefully it was just a hionest mistake, but maybe one on purpose hoping you don't catch it, they probably try to sneak it by some people. But to me if they even try it they are dishonest and I would go somewhere else.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #11
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I agree they shouldn't have added it back in then... Hopefully it was just a hionest mistake, but maybe one on purpose hoping you don't catch it, they probably try to sneak it by some people. But to me if they even try it they are dishonest and I would go somewhere else.
Yeah, I agree. I just want to get a 1LE before 12/31/12. My favorite color is white and after my 3rd 5th Gen this will finally be the color I've always wanted. My loan is already done which was vin specific. I want this car to have what I want. I think if I got the non-nav I'd be sort of uneasy but then again I'll have the color I've always wanted. If the $900 was in fact a honest mistake then I won't be all that upset, I'll most likely just see what they offer me.

Sort of wished GM released something like a dealer installed option for Nav.