Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec-V
need a job

Ok guys, I'm starting to get worried because I can't find a full-time job. I'm an Lpn and worked at a jail as my main job for about a year and was let go in April due to budget cuts. I have a part-time job at a nursing home, but its only a couple days a month. I was picking up some time there but they hired a new girl with more experience so it looks like no more extra hours. I may have messed my unemployment up a couple weeks ago because I picked up 3 days there and did'nt claim for the week because when I called they said not to. Now they say I should have claimed it, so I don't know if I'll get pay for the week. If I don't that will really mess up my bills and get me behind.

Anyway, I've applied to about all the nursing homes and hospitals in the area and I only had 2 interviews and neither has called me back. Unemployment is high in NW Ohio and even nurses are being laid off. Any ideas what to do? I thought about moving and even started applying in other cities, but that would be a big hassle as it would take some time to sell the house and look for another place to live in a town I know nothing about. Plus my house needs alot of work that I can't afford to do right now.

I got a call for an interview yesterday for a sales job for life insurance, but did'nt call yet as I don't think I'm suited for that type of job as I'm not a big talker. I even started to apply to assistant manager jobs and such as I have experience in office and have an accounting degree too, but never used it. I also have a cad degree, but have'nt done that it over 10 years. Factories just don't pay enough around here unless I could get in gm but you almost have to know somebody to get in there. Any advice guys? I need a job so I can get eventually get that Camaro 1LT...
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
I got a call for an interview yesterday for a sales job for life insurance, but did'nt call yet as I don't think I'm suited for that type of job as I'm not a big talker.
a chance right there, go for it!!! you'll learn!

good luck!
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec-V
Hey guys I finally got a call today from the nursing home and landed the job! I'm not looking forward to the 12 hour night shift, but hey its a job and they said overtime will be available. Now I just have to decide if I really want the Camaro or if I should go with something a little more affordable like the Gencoupe 3.8, 2009 Mustang, or the more practical WRX or RA. All of which have discounts available. I like the Camaro (although I have'nt driven the manual yet), but Chevy does'nt have any discounts or finance specials yet and I would like to get one of the above in the low-20's range if possible.
If I go with the Camaro, I think I would go with the 1LT base with the 19" wheels. It's still going to be in the low 25k range. I "might" be able to get the grad rebate (depends on how much a stickler they are on the degree), but it looks like that only saves about $800 or so. Now a low interest rate would make all the difference...
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
MR 313

Drives: 2008 Trailblazer SS
sounds to me like your all set, congrats on the new job
MR 313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Congrats on the job...The economy is hard right now...but it will get better over the next 12 months.

But you now have an opportunity, so go make the most of it and do not look back!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote