Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #188
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I had 10 oz of steak , asparagus and 1/2 cup of brown rice.

So damn good

Ran 5 miles today as well
That sounds delicious!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #189
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My sister was diagnosed with celiac disease. It runs strongly in sisters. Based on symptom review we suspect our mother likely suffered with it. It may well had led to her heart disease (triple bypass), and the cancer that killed her. Based on my lifelong sysmtoms my doctor suspected it could be the case for me. I have tried being on & off gluten & am pretty well convinced I am gluten intollerant. I would just rather not subject myself to an intestinal biopsy to confirm what is very likely to be true. I feel much better, my skin is much better, my thinking is clearer............that is good enough for me. I also try to avoid added potassium in foods/drinks as it causes terrible intestinal problems for me. I avoid nitrites & try to keep my sodium intake low as my heart tends to beat rapidly (like my dad) and these worsen that. I take a blood pressure med for that (not for problems with my blood pressure). For me trying to be gluten free is not a fad thing. Oh, and I just plain don't like the taste of or trust artificial sweeteners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I've got a quick question, Why are you so hung up on a "gluten free diet"?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #190
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
I believe in the last thread she said she was told she is intolerant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I didn't pick up on that. The reason I asked was there is always a new study that blames obeisity or being overweight on a particular food or substance, Gluten is one of those ingredients that has come under fire but unless you are intolerant consuming products with Gluten should not be much of an issue. With that said, most products with Gluten are also high carb and should be regulated not so much because of Gluten but because of the carbs.
[QUOTE=RubyCamaro;5992634]My sister was diagnosed with celiac disease. It runs strongly in sisters. Based on symptom review we suspect our mother likely suffered with it. It may well had led to her heart disease (triple bypass), and the cancer that killed her. Based on my lifelong sysmtoms my doctor suspected it could be the case for me. I have tried being on & off gluten & am pretty well convinced I am gluten intollerant. I would just rather not subject myself to an intestinal biopsy to confirm what is very likely to be true. I feel much better, my skin is much better, my thinking is clearer............that is good enough for me. I also try to avoid added potassium in foods/drinks as it causes terrible intestinal problems for me. I avoid nitrites & try to keep my sodium intake low as my heart tends to beat rapidly (like my dad) and these worsen that. I take a blood pressure med for that (not for problems with my blood pressure). For me trying to be gluten free is not a fad thing. Oh, and I just plain don't like the taste of or trust artificial sweeteners.[/QUOTE

Understood.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #191
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Today's meals

6:00am boot camp

7:00am -protein shake
10:30 - Chobani yogurt
12:30 -small Greek salad
4:00 - hand full of left over
Homemade praline pecans
7:30 - chicken breast.-boasted?
Salad w/Italian dressing
Mixed vegetables

So I know the pecans were an indulgence, but they
Sure we're tastes and now they are gone from my
kitchen. I've got a few things I'd like to try next week
so I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow.

Thanks for helping me be accountable - thoughts?
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #192
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
WHAT the HELL is GLUTEN? Can you Taste it, does it have a smell? a Color? A texture? Point it out in something? Why is it in FOOD is it put there for a reason? Is it in nature?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #193
RubyCamaro
Jan

Wheat or any of it's components. LOL Even beer :(
Old 01-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #194
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
Wow this forum was active. I just got back from a vacation at the beach. Rained most of the week, so my workouts suffered greatly. Back on track today!

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #195
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
WHAT the HELL is GLUTEN? Can you Taste it, does it have a smell? a Color? A texture? Point it out in something? Why is it in FOOD is it put there for a reason? Is it in nature?

Naturally occuring gluten is part of the protein in certain grains such as wheat barley etc. It can be removed, and processed and then is added to other foods low on protein or to aid as a binder or to help doe rise when baking. People who or intolerant have to be careful as it is added to foods that normally don't contain it naturally, usually processed foods like breads or even processed meats.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #196
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Today's meals

6:00am boot camp

7:00am -protein shake
10:30 - Chobani yogurt
12:30 -small Greek salad
4:00 - hand full of left over
Homemade praline pecans
7:30 - chicken breast.-boasted?
Salad w/Italian dressing
Mixed vegetables

So I know the pecans were an indulgence, but they
Sure we're tastes and now they are gone from my
kitchen. I've got a few things I'd like to try next week
so I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow.

Thanks for helping me be accountable - thoughts?
Getting better. The greek salad is not as bad as others but I would think the only protein source would be the Feta, there are better choices for salads. If you can get something like a mixed green salad with grilled chicken that would be ideal. Can the dressings, they ruin everything. Vinegar and olive oil, sesamee oil are ok but most dressings contain very high calories and the KILLER hydrogenated oils, LOOK AT THE INGREDIENT LIST. Roasted chicken is fine but should be skinless breast meat. If your schedule permits try to even out the time between meals 1 and 2 about every 3 hrs would be ideal but all in all not to bad.

I'm not even going to talk about the Pecan whatevers, your guilt should be punishment enough for now, if you weren't feeling guilty after eating them shame on you. lol
Old 01-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #197
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
Wow this forum was active. I just got back from a vacation at the beach. Rained most of the week, so my workouts suffered greatly. Back on track today!

Life happens. There are valid reasons to miss workouts although there are things that can be done anywhere but in most cases there are no reasons for bad food choices. Good to see you back on track though.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #198
RubyCamaro
Jan

Okay I am cooking one of the recipies from the cookbook this morning. You guys should be impressed. My morning shake (as amended by CFD last year) has become a habit I very rarely ever give up (I even take my blender on vacations ). The Strawberry Banana Steele Cut Oatmeal. I am also expreimenting with what I add to my morning coffee. (CFD you said watch every little thing). I bought some Vanilla almond milk to substitute for the flavored creamer. This morning I used a scoop of powdered milk, 1/4 tsp of cocoa and 2 tsp of almond milk. That did not taste to suit me so I added another tsp of almond milk. I'm still not happy with it so tomorrow I'll skip the powdered milk & use more almond milk. I love my morning coffee but figured it could be healthier. Any suggestions? Time to go finish my new recipe.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #199
CFD

I would never ask you to give up your morning coffee lol You can use a milk/ creamer in it just keep it low/no fat and take the cal count into consideration on your daily allowance.

The oatmeal recipie you are making is quite good but I posted the one I use below, it is almost the same but is much quicker if you want to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay I am cooking one of the recipies from the cookbook this morning. You guys should be impressed. My morning shake (as amended by CFD last year) has become a habit I very rarely ever give up (I even take my blender on vacations ). The Strawberry Banana Steele Cut Oatmeal. I am also expreimenting with what I add to my morning coffee. (CFD you said watch every little thing). I bought some Vanilla almond milk to substitute for the flavored creamer. This morning I used a scoop of powdered milk, 1/4 tsp of cocoa and 2 tsp of almond milk. That did not taste to suit me so I added another tsp of almond milk. I'm still not happy with it so tomorrow I'll skip the powdered milk & use more almond milk. I love my morning coffee but figured it could be healthier. Any suggestions? Time to go finish my new recipe.

[QUOTE=CFD;5966073]My first meal of the day almost always contains oatmeal, it is a very good source of a low glycemic complex carb. If you have 4-5 min. to spare to make breakfast try this.

1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 whole egg
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 banana
small portion of slivered almonds

Mix the oatmeal, egg. protein powder and milk well with a fork, nuke for two min. Top with the rest off the ingredients, you'll love it and it's packed with nutrients. It's my breakfast of choice most of the time.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #200
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I totally just thought this thread was for weight loss on the camaro lol.
It doesn't matter if you take the weight of your ass or your cars ass, it still has the same result on the time slip. LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #201
RubyCamaro
Jan

LOL Thanks for the morning laugh! Always a good way to start the day. Yeah, I think I would like your recipe better. I must say I am not too much of a fan of the texture of the steele cut oats. But, if you don't try things you don't know. I will eventually use them, probably just on weekends when I have the time, but rather a pain in the butt. The recipe overall tasted pretty good though.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #202
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
I'll jump back in here with a suggestion. The Engine 2 Diet and it's 28 day challenge. We tried it this past June and what a difference it made in our entire family. Even our 16 yr old twin girls didn't complain. They lost weight and enjoyed every meal. I say if you are serious about wanting to get back into shape and lose the weight then give the 28 day plan a try. I mean it's only 28 days, not even a full month what do you have to lose besides weight? We continue to eat "plant strong" and feel great and the weight has stayed off.

Also we ate as much as we wanted and the meals are so satisfying. If you have a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's close by then it is even easier. We have to drive 70 miles to the closest WF's. So we get a bunch from bulkfoods.com when we can't make it to WF.

This thread is great, everyone keep up the great work and support! Remember to drink H2O all day long.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #203
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse6.2 View Post
I'll jump back in here with a suggestion. The Engine 2 Diet and it's 28 day challenge. We tried it this past June and what a difference it made in our entire family. Even our 16 yr old twin girls didn't complain. They lost weight and enjoyed every meal. I say if you are serious about wanting to get back into shape and lose the weight then give the 28 day plan a try. I mean it's only 28 days, not even a full month what do you have to lose besides weight? We continue to eat "plant strong" and feel great and the weight has stayed off.

Also we ate as much as we wanted and the meals are so satisfying. If you have a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's close by then it is even easier. We have to drive 70 miles to the closest WF's. So we get a bunch from bulkfoods.com when we can't make it to WF.

This thread is great, everyone keep up the great work and support! Remember to drink H2O all day long.
There are many diets that will allow you to loose weight but I am not at all a fan of diets that do not include complete proteins. The diet you posted is almost all grains, legumes, sugar and fats, the only complete protein source I found (and it was minimal) was quinoa. If you are looking to make a lifestyle change that is healthy and proned to preserving/building muscle (which is what you should be doing) I'd pass on it. That's my opinion for what it is worth
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #204
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
LOL Thanks for the morning laugh! Always a good way to start the day. Yeah, I think I would like your recipe better. I must say I am not too much of a fan of the texture of the steele cut oats. But, if you don't try things you don't know. I will eventually use them, probably just on weekends when I have the time, but rather a pain in the butt. The recipe overall tasted pretty good though.
I actually like steel cut oats but not the cook time. The recipie I use is much faster and I like fast. lol

By the way, you can put the steel cut oats in the blender and grind them up untill fine, then they can be added with regular oats to use them up if you want.