Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #276
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I am SERIOUSLY bummed! I just found out they changed the time of the dance class at the new lacation and anain I can't stay in Nashville that late. I had my bag all packed with my change of clothed to go to class tonight. This is starting to feel like a conspiracy! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
That's a bummer but you can turn it into a possitive. You've got to look at your goals and keep working towards them, if you can't come up with anything physical to do although there is always something you CAN do, even sit ups, push ups, good ol fashioned calistetics,(there's a word you don't hear much anymore lol) . Or you could spend the alotted time to prepare the meals you couldn't find time for before. There are no excuses not to achieve your goals you've just got to decide to do it even though it may not be the route you planned. There is more than one road to success.
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #277
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Yeah, I know but That class is fun, good exercize & good aerobics with a side of muscle toneing (sp?). It just sux.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #278
CFD

Quote:
Yeah, I know but That class is fun, good exercize & good aerobics with a side of muscle toneing (sp?). It just sux.
Like the song goes,"life sucks then you die" lol

Somethings you can't control but don't let it screw up the things you can control, that there is no excuse for. Stay strong, stay focused and stay on track.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #279
CFD

I'm just about to start my workout but when I come back I have a bunch of quick recipies I think you will all like, right on target with fat loss goals.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #280
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
That's not just OK, it's PERFECT. For long term goals and healthy weight loss, 1-2 lbs weekly is considered ideal. Usually, after cleaning up your diet and if you have a ways to go weight loss may be more at first, keep moving your diet in the right direction as you are and 1-2lbs weekly should be pretty consistant.

OMG -I did something right

thanks for the guidence and I'll keep altering
until I get it right
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #281
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I know, right? I get fussed at a lot too! We are just gluttons for punishment huh? We all need to be diciplined sometimes I guess, but it is nice when we manage to get something right.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #282
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
OMG -I did something right

thanks for the guidence and I'll keep altering
until I get it right
Quote:
I know, right? I get fussed at a lot too! We are just gluttons for punishment huh? We all need to be diciplined sometimes I guess, but it is nice when we manage to get something right.
The trails and hardwork are definitely worth the reward.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #283
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

From the Lean Green Bean

Quote:
These bars come together quickly, especially if you have leftover quinoa in the fridge like I usually do. I used my Healthy Breakfast Bars as a base, but wanted to kick them up a notch!

Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients (6 bars)

1/2 c garbanzo bean flour
1 c quinoa, cooked
1 c oats
1/2 c nuts, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/3 c peanut butter
1/4 c brown rice syrup
1 egg white
1/3 c applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c craisins
Instructions

1. Combine applesauce, vanilla, egg white, peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed.
3. Spoon into a greased 8×8 pan and bake at 375 for 20 min or until golden brown.
4. Let cool and cut into 6 bars.
5. Store in the refrigerator.

I cut these into six bars and put each one in a snack size ziploc bag before putting them in the fridge. That way they were ready to go and hubby could just grab a bag on the way out the door to work.

These quinoa breakfast bars are chewy and delicious- perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. They’re packed with protein and fiber and they’re gluten-free as long as you use GF oats. Plus, they could be made vegan if you used a flax egg! I used pecans in mine but almonds would be good as well.

Over the weekend, I doubled the recipe, used honey instead of brown rice syrup and cooked them in a 9×13 pan. It worked just as well!
I've had her Healthy Breakfast Bars and they are yum! Can't wait to try these.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #284
CFD

Now I'm gonna vent a bit. I was sitting here after my workout eating when something on the tv caught my attention (whish it was before my workout, got my blood flowin' for sure). There were these idiot's, for lack of a more appropriate word, on a cooking show making meals all under 500 cals, cool, so it caught my attention, they're putting together the ingredients that consisted mostly of sugar and fat, you know, the stuff that "tastes good" to some of you, and go on to say that they hate it when someone says"cook healthy" because that means eating bland then shows his creation of shit and says along the lines of "it doesn't matter what the ingredients are IT'S ALL ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES". I wanted to jump through my tv and slap him around and then stick these in front of him and tell him" THREE OF THESE ARE UNDER 500 CALS TOO,NOW TELL ME IT DOESN"T MATTER. what a jerk EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME, IT DOES MATTER!!!!!!!

Now I'll post some recipies.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #285
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Noticed in the above list of ingredients it has Chia Seeds, those and Salba Seeds are really good for you and pack a punch of nutrients.

Congrats Becky on the weight loss.
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #286
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Now I'm gonna vent a bit. I was sitting here after my workout eating when something on the tv caught my attention (whish it was before my workout, got my blood flowin' for sure). There were these idiot's, for lack of a more appropriate word, on a cooking show making meals all under 500 cals, cool, so it caught my attention, they're putting together the ingredients that consisted mostly of sugar and fat, you know, the stuff that "tastes good" to some of you, and go on to say that they hate it when someone says"cook healthy" because that means eating bland then shows his creation of shit and says along the lines of "it doesn't matter what the ingredients are IT'S ALL ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES". I wanted to jump through my tv and slap him around and then stick these in front of him and tell him" THREE OF THESE ARE UNDER 500 CALS TOO,NOW TELL ME IT DOESN"T MATTER. what a jerk EVERYONE LISTEN TO ME, IT DOES MATTER!!!!!!!

Now I'll post some recipies.
People dont get that eating low calorie vs. healthy is completely different. I actually want to get something out of my food. And I eat healthy and love everything I cook.
Stupid show people.

Last edited by bossbunny; 01-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #287
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I thought I'd pop in and offer some "insight" on exercising. I was helping a new person to the gym the other day, and it occurs to me that many people don't really focus on working the muscle in regards to what it's function is. So I'd like to give a few examples.

Almost every muscle in the body falls into a "pushing" or "pulling" muscle. While thinking about that, consider this...

Triceps: A two very common tricep exercises are tricep extensions (in a downward motion) and skull crushers. It's important to know why you're doing them. You don't do them to "lift" or "push" the weight. The tricep function in the body is to extend your arm. While doing these exercises, focus on doing that task. Extend your arm. Don't "push" anything.

Biceps: Most common is the bicep curl. Again, don't focus on "lifting" the weight. Focus on contracting your arm. When you do that, with no weight, your bicep naturally flexes. We don't pay attention because there is no weight load on it. So contract that arm, flex the bicep. Don't "lift" the weight.

Chest: Bench press! The chest is a pushing muscle, and it's purpose is to drive your arms forward of your body. Focus on squeezing the chest and doing just that. Importantly, this is one of three major "full body" exercises. It involves shoulders, triceps, traps, forearms, and core. Push the weight as intended, but remember that everything else needs to work too. You have to focus on extending your arms, tightening your core, and flexing the traps as well.

Quads: Squat/leg press. The purpose of the quad is to, like the tricep, extend the leg. Don't focus on lifting the weight, focus on standing up/straightening your leg. Squats, like bench press, is a full body workout, so it requires some other flexing

Hamstrings: Ugh. Leg curls. Kind of. But the really good one... Romanian (stiff leg) deadlift. What's the point of the hamstrings? To contract your legs just like a bicep does for your arms right? Not really. Although a small portion of your hamstring provides that function, its biggest purpose is to push your hips forward. Ever seen an athlete pull a hamstring while curling a leg? Nope. They pull them while running and jumping, two things that your hips need to be driven forward to do. Learn how to Roman deadlift, and you'll see what I'm talking about

Back: rows. The back is a pulling muscle too, but it's goal is to bring your arms towards the back of your body. As you do your rows, once the bicep work is done, remember that your back is bringing the arms back after that. It doesn't matter if it's rows or pull ups, wide grip or narrow grip. It does the same function. Although, remember that exercise and grip will put more/less focus on which group of back muscles you work.

Shoulders: DB raises of many kinds. The shoulders are used to bring your arms up from your sides. They are not complicated, but it's important to remember when doing some of those lateral raises or reverse flys. Mil press is another exercise that uses them too, but works with the traps while doing it.

Abs: These are the interesting ones. They are the muscle group that is not responsible for pushing OR pulling. Their function is to protect your organs, but more importantly, your spine. Abs benefit from both contracting AND extention. And they benefit from it because you have to flex them for both. They flex to contract, and they have to flex to extend in order to support your lower back and spine. Take advantage of both.

So why is this so important? There is something refered to as a mind-muscle connection. This connection is the sole reason why you fall into "muscle memory" problems. When training, you should be focusing on what you're exercising, not the weight that you're trying to lift/push/pull. This helps you make a more solid connection, and work that muscle, instead of letting your body naturally throw any muscle into the mix to try to help out. And why is THAT important?

Form.
Results.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #288
CFD

Very true. Most people are more concerned with the amount of weight you use, which is important, but when lifting heavy weight you have to use more muscles sometimes loosing the effectiveness of a particular lift. That is why you work with a weight load that is challenging but allows you to perform the full range of the lift, stay focussed on the muscle/muscles you are working on and concentrate on squeezing/stretching them especially at the beginning/end of the lift. If you can't do this there's a good chance the weight load is to high. It'more about form and execution than weight.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #289
CFD

Well, I guess I'll post the recipies later, My printer ran out of ink and now it won't let me scan untill I replace the empty cartridge, what the heck does ink have to do with scanning. I'll get some when I take my son to karate later and do it when I get back.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #290
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Well, I guess I'll post the recipies later, My printer ran out of ink and now it won't let me scan untill I replace the empty cartridge, what the heck does ink have to do with scanning. I'll get some when I take my son to karate later and do it when I get back.
What tha?! Thats weird!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #291
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
What tha?! Thats weird!
Stinkin' printers, lol.

This will work I think, I took pictures of them, I have more coming. For all that aren't sure how to figure out ratios, don't worry, these are done for you.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #292
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Some of them there recipes look delicious.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #293
CFD

Here are a few more. I've had almost all of them, most are very easy and fast.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #294
CFD

And these
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #295
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

I think even I can do those!!

I was surprised at how quick and easy the
frittata was that BB posted. I've got to
make some modifications to get the fat
down, but they were really really good!!

I can do this
734-479-7117 ...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #296
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I think even I can do those!!

I was surprised at how quick and easy the
frittata was that BB posted. I've got to
make some modifications to get the fat
down, but they were really really good!!

I can do this
Most of the fat is in the egg yolks, only use 1 or 2 ,the rest whites and you will be good.

I'm not done yet, more coming so stay tuned lol.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #297
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

This is about the only way I can
have popcorn-
734-479-7117 ...
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #298
CFD

You may remember this from the first thread, It's not ice cream but it worksfor me when I want something along those lines

1 banana
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup blueberies
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbs almond butter

Add all ingredients into blender and blend, chill and eat
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #299
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Anybody use BodBot?

Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #300
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Quote:
You may remember this from the first thread, It's not ice cream but it worksfor me when I want something along those lines

1 banana
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/4 cup blueberies
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbs almond butter

Add all ingredients into blender and blend, chill and eat
I do remember this and I like it. Still have it
734-479-7117 ...