Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #426
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Today's totals

1239 calories

104 protein - 124 goal
118 carbs - 124 goal
43 fat - 28 goal

Still off but getting better at watching the #'s on my
fitness tracker. So when I went out for dinner, after
Eating out for breakfast and lunch I was
high in carbs (oatmeal) so I had an egg and mushroom
omelette, no cheese, with some salsa on the side and
1 piece of dry whole wheat toast. I was pretty proud
of myself . Then I wanted something sweet so I made
CFD's pudding -doubled the recipe then divided into
3 containers. Ate one and froze the other 2. Also
Got rid of the last of the chocolate protein powder
that I really don't care for

It's starting to make sense. Once you give me a road
map for the week ahead, we'll take a big step forward
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #427
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Today's totals

1239 calories

104 protein - 124 goal
118 carbs - 124 goal
43 fat - 28 goal

Still off but getting better at watching the #'s on my
fitness tracker. So when I went out for dinner, after
Eating out for breakfast and lunch I was
high in carbs (oatmeal) so I had an egg and mushroom
omelette, no cheese, with some salsa on the side and
1 piece of dry whole wheat toast. I was pretty proud
of myself . Then I wanted something sweet so I made
CFD's pudding -doubled the recipe then divided into
3 containers. Ate one and froze the other 2. Also
Got rid of the last of the chocolate protein powder
that I really don't care for

It's starting to make sense. Once you give me a road
map for the week ahead, we'll take a big step forward
Everyday it looks a little better. The totals are never going to be exact unless you get fanatical about it. Oatmeal is high in carbs but don't fret, they are a great source of complex carbs and are slow digesting, this helps you stay full and will not spyke your insulin levels like some carbs do, that is why it is a staple in a fat loss diet.

Here is how I prepare my meals to be prepared for when I'm on the go. Right off I start with chicken(you can use any lean protein source but chicken is fast and easy and can be eaten cold) Grab the chicken breasts( 4-5 oz), season them to your liking, I normally use a salt free all spice or salt free lemon and pepper seasoning. Put them in the oven, bake or broil untill cooked.

Now you have a ready to eat protein source, you can add a complex starchy or fiberous carb, slice or dice and put it on a salad or slap it in a sandwich.

If you stocked up on some veggies and found the steamer bags, while the chicken is cooking steam some veggies, you can use the bag over for this cooking session. They only take 2-3 minutes each so you will have plenty by the time the chicken is done. Take 1-2 cups of the veggies and put them in a entre sized container, when the chicken breast is done put one in each container. You can add things to make it more flavourfull, any spices, you can put a bit of salsa on the veggies or on the side. This makes a protein and fiberous carb meal. (late day)

If you take 1 or 2 chicken breasts and slice or dice them and put in a single serving container or baggie you can freeze them, any time you want to make something fairly quick, such as a stir fry or salad your protein source is ready, grab it , nuke it and it's ready to go.

If you bought brown rice, quinoa, whole grain pasta etc. You can cook some up. When done, take an appropriate serving and add to one of the chicken and veggie containers. This is now a protein,starchy carb and fiberous carb meal. (mid day)

If you don't have time to cook all at once, although by the time the chicken is done everything else should be as well, it's ok. Next time you cook, make extra,then add it to a piece of chicken.

The idea is to get used to always having a protein source ready as this takes the most prep time and where people fall short., You can eat your veggies raw but usually not your protein.

These types of meals fill my freezer, any time I'm in a hurry I can grab a container without thinking about it, nuke it and I'm done. I usually cook my dinner fresh, make more of the ingredients and add to a previously cooked piece of chicken, this keeps kitchen time minimal.

You can do so many things with it. You can slice your veggies and stir fry them for dinner, but make a bunch of it, add it to one of the chicken breasts you diced or sliced and put it over a small portion of rice and freeze it, now your adding variety.

Now everytime you make something for dinner, make 2-3 servings instead of one and put one in the freezer. The only extra time in cooking extra is the chopping of veggies etc so you will always be replacing your pre cooked meals with more.

When you have time, prepare the high protein pancackes recipie I posted. This takes a few minutes but is well worth it. Double the recipie, use about 1 full cup of batter for each one, it should make three. When done, wrap 1 in aluminum foil. Each one is a filling meal and can be taken anywhere. You can eat these anytime, they are a complex starchy carb but oatmeal is slow digesting and the cinimon stabilizes the blood sugar even more, so if it is later in the day and you don't have time for something these are perfect. This is something a bit odd but it works great, when I take a break for coffee around ten or so, if I haven't eaten I put one of these on the floor of my car and cranck up the heat a little, by the time I get my coffee I have a nice warm high protein pancacke to eat.

I don't expect you to live off of these meals, although you could, but they are intended to be no thought meals that will keep you on target when you don't have time to prepare something. There are tons of meals you can make from the posted recipies or your own but making these to start with will give you a good idea of portion sizes making future choices when in a resteraunt or out to eat a snap because even if you are somewhere where the choices aren't great, portion size is more critical.

Now lets say you're off to work and in a hurry, grab a pancake and a chicken dinner and take it with you, now if you are in a pinch at work you can nuke them for a couple of minutes and be done with it, you don't have to worry about your cal counts etc. they have been taken care of already.

If you have some Fiber One left, or any whole grain cereal that fits the bill, you can add a scoop of protein powder to it in a sealed container and take it with you, just add skim milk and with the added protein here is another meal you don't have to think about. Keep an eye on portion size, most complex starchy carbs like oatmeal, whole grain cereals, rice, pasta etc. are high in carbs and a serving size is usually around 1/2 cup or so, dumping a bunch of cereal in a bowl, like most do, is most likely 4-5 servings so Always look at the label for correct portion sizes.

If you have eggs left hardoil a bunch of them. Now again without thinking you can grab a few of them, throw them on a salad, eat them on there own or put them in a piece of bread, again a quick meal you don't have to think about. On your way out the door grab a few and if you find yourself hungry and on the fly you're covered again.

You will start to get in the habbit of cooking simple basic meals like this,learning portion control and balancing meals all in one step. You can make meals more fancy or keep them simple, it doesn't matter the idea is to get to know what a balanced meal is, remember a meal is a fuel source, it doesn't have to be fancy and eating doesn't have to be gracefull lol it does have to be nutritious.

I talk about putting chicken or eggs in bread. The bread can be the deal breaker that is why I often usw the Joseph's bread I posted, it is very low calorie and very low carb and a good fiber source as well as omega fat's. It is more of a tool for holding your food but helps fill you up and adds some healthy ingredients to your diet. Ezekeil is another good choice but if you use other breads limit them according to their nutrient label, especially the carbs and calories, they will put you over your limit rather easily. Always read the ingredient list of breads they often use high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils to bind them, avoid these completely in any foods.

Remember always eat your protein, yogurt, cereals, shakes can easily be made to hit your protein goals with a scoop of protein powder,all meals should contain 20-30 g protein, start with this and then add the carbs, ALWAYS EAT YOUR PROTEIN.

I usually recomend keeping an eye on fruit intake asit is a sugar but you can eat a couple of pieces a day to fill the gaps, don't be afraid to grab an apple or banana for when you need something in a hurry. Grapefruit is one I always eat, low calorie and low glycemic and fiber. Strawberries and bleberries are excellent sources of antioxidans and can be included with cereal, yogurt,shakes etc. again just keep an eye on portion sizes.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #428
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It's getting clearer to me I just have to keep fine tuning it. I did broil some chicken. 7 pieces that are 3-4 oz. I bought some Mrs Dash seasoning and used that on the chicken. I steamed some Brussel sprouts and cauliflower threw some seasoning in those to. Now I need to work on portion. I took a piece of chicken and threw in some cauliflower but didn't measure it I'll learn. I have a question about seasonings-I looked at some that I have and some have salt as a first or second ingredient, but some have sea salt. Would you use those?

Tomorrows plan
Workout
Protein shake
Greek yogurt-protein powder, berries & fiber one
Lunch will probably be 4oz grilled chicken breast, 1/2cup cottage cheese and side salad
Protein/energy bar (last one too high carbs)
My chicken and cauliflower

That should be it for the day. Still struggling with trying to eat 5 times especially on weekends.

Today's #'s
130o cal
107 protein goal 120
134 carb goal 120
29 fat goal 29

At least I got one right. I'm starting to understand why you eat so many
eggs. Getting enough protein is tough. I see myself eating lots of hard boiled eggs. I'm really loving omelettes with salsa, no cheese . I see why you suggest having it on hand. I'll bet it's good on chicken but I'd really like to try it with cauliflower !!

I'll keep trying-thanks for all the help.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #429
CFD

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to post this. It's getting clearer to me I just have to keep fine tuning it. I did broil some chicken. 7 pieces that are 3-4 oz. I bought some Mrs Dash seasoning and used that on the chicken. I steamed some Brussel sprouts and cauliflower threw some seasoning in those to. Now I need to work on portion. I took a piece of chicken and threw in some cauliflower but didn't measure it I'll learn. I have a question about seasonings-I looked at some that I have and some have salt as a first or second ingredient, but some have sea salt. Would you use those?

Tomorrows plan
Workout
Protein shake
Greek yogurt-protein powder, berries & fiber one
Lunch will probably be 4oz grilled chicken breast, 1/2cup cottage cheese and side salad
Protein/energy bar (last one too high carbs)
My chicken and cauliflower

That should be it for the day. Still struggling with trying to eat 5 times especially on weekends.

Today's #'s
130o cal
107 protein goal 120
134 carb goal 120
29 fat goal 29

At least I got one right. I'm starting to understand why you eat so many
eggs. Getting enough protein is tough. I see myself eating lots of hard boiled eggs. I'm really loving omelettes with salsa, no cheese . I see why you suggest having it on hand. I'll bet it's good on chicken but I'd really like to try it with cauliflower !!

I'll keep trying-thanks for all the help.
Starting to look good. The nutritional values of your meals look good, like I said the numbers won't be exact so the above is very good. If the 1st and 2nd ingredient is salt that means it's mostly saly and not the greatest. Sea salt is all I use, much better than table salt. Salsa is a quick easy way to add a little flavor to bland food, it helps. Eggs are quick and easy and can be used in so many ways. I sometimes add a raw one to a protein drink and they are used in quite a few recipies. Try the high protein pancackes, they will help with the protein intake and can be eaten anywhere which will also make it easier to get in an extra meal.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #430
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Greek yogurt/1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/4 blueberries and 1/4 fiber one-
I like it!!!!

Fun workout this AM

after some warm up-
5 station circuit
negative push ups
straight arm overhead pulls with band
kettle bell swings to overhead
squats butt to heals with weight
V-ups

45 sec each X4

In between each round sprints 20sec on/10 off X4

Last round was a lighting round, only 25sec of work

Yeesh - what a sweaty mess when I was done -
but worth it

Plain Greek yogurt takes some what like cream cheese
new possibilities

Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #431
CFD

Quote:
Greek yogurt/1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/4 blueberries and 1/4 fiber one-
I like it!!!!

Fun workout this AM

after some warm up-
5 station circuit
negative push ups
straight arm overhead pulls with band
kettle bell swings to overhead
squats butt to heals with weight
V-ups

45 sec each X4

In between each round sprints 20sec on/10 off X4

Last round was a lighting round, only 25sec of work

Yeesh - what a sweaty mess when I was done -
but worth it

Plain Greek yogurt takes some what like cream cheese
new possibilities

The yogurt, berries , fiber one and protein powder tastes more like a desert than a meal but the macro breakdown is aprox. (various slightly depending on brand)

Cals 200
carbs 24
protein 31
fat 3

Sweaty is good. lol
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #432
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Holla holla! 5 am crossfit done! Now just to make it through work so I can go home and get some Biggest Loser motivation! Love seeing those people change their lives.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #433
CFD

Glad everyone had a good workout, wish I could say the same. My sons been home sick and I think I may be coming down with it, I was going to skip my workout as I am feeling a little under but I struggled through it, we'll see what tomorrow brings. On another note it looks like I'm gonna make it 58 on the 26th and will post a pic then. I think there is noticeable improvements so to me that means I'm still climbing the hill and haven't gone over yet LOL.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #434
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Glad everyone had a good workout, wish I could say the same. My sons been home sick and I think I may be coming down with it, I was going to skip my workout as I am feeling a little under but I struggled through it, we'll see what tomorrow brings. On another note it looks like I'm gonna make it 58 on the 26th and will post a pic then. I think there is noticeable improvements so to me that means I'm still climbing the hill and haven't gone over yet LOL.
Everyone seems to have the crud!

58 years young!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #435
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Everyone seems to have the crud!

58 years young!

I wouldn't say I have "The Crud" lol but I am feeling a little on the shitty side.

crud (kr d) n. 1. Slang. a. A coating or an incrustation of filth or refuse. b. Something loathsome, despicable, or worthless. c. One who is contemptible or disgusting
Old 01-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #436
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Really sore arms after today's workout- tomorrow should be worse. Oh we'll a few good stretches usually takes care of that. I would imagine Crossfit would probably kill me

Today's totals

1360 cal
Protein 125 goal 136
Carb 130 goal 136
Fat 49 goal 30

Really got to find a way to drop the fat #. I'll keep trying

If I am going to have "starchy" carbs best to have them in the am or lunch? Not at the last meal? Sandwich for lunch, but not dinner?

Tomorrow night I want to make the protein pancake recipe you gave me

Agree with bb -58 years young, especially when I'm not far behind you and I'm certainly not old !!!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #437
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS

Calories??? hell idk lmao
Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #438
CFD

Quote:
Really sore arms after today's workout- tomorrow should be worse. Oh we'll a few good stretches usually takes care of that. I would imagine Crossfit would probably kill me

Today's totals

1360 cal
Protein 125 goal 136
Carb 130 goal 136
Fat 49 goal 30

Really got to find a way to drop the fat #. I'll keep trying

If I am going to have "starchy" carbs best to have them in the am or lunch? Not at the last meal? Sandwich for lunch, but not dinner?

Tomorrow night I want to make the protein pancake recipe you gave me

Agree with bb -58 years young, especially when I'm not far behind you and I'm certainly not old !!!

Do you know which foods are upping the fat content?

Starchy carbs are better earlier in the day when they are more likely to get burned as fuel not later when stored for fat. Try to choose foods of color and whole grains and not screwed up by man(processed). A few examples would be brown rice not white rice, sweet potatoes not white potatoes, whole wheat pasta not white pasta, oatmeal,lentils, beans etc.

You'll like the pancackes and their ease of use, taste good to.

I don't recall using the word old, if I did, it was in error. LOL
Old 01-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #439
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post

Calories??? hell idk lmao
If your goals are fat loss and you don't know how many cals then you shouldn't eat it. lol fromthe looks of the ingredients in the back ground, I'l pass.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #440
driyac

Quote:
If your goals are fat loss and you don't know how many cals then you shouldn't eat it. lol fromthe looks of the ingredients in the back ground, I'l pass.
Haha, This is from my hotel. Actually everything on that plate is pretty cut and dry. Nothing really added.

bone in Ribeye - sauteed mushrooms with S&P some white wine - Hashbrown with some cheese.

Don't worry I ran 6 miles and worked out. I'm good for the day.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #441
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Haha, This is from my hotel. Actually everything on that plate is pretty cut and dry. Nothing really added.

bone in Ribeye - sauteed mushrooms with S&P some white wine - Hashbrown with some cheese.

Don't worry I ran 6 miles and worked out. I'm good for the day.

Ha ha! Rib eye is one of the fatiest cuts of beef, hash browns(white potatoes), cheese (high in saturated fats), what looks like a tub of butter and do I see a coke in there. lol
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #442
driyac

Quote:
Ha ha! Rib eye is one of the fattiest cuts of beef, hash browns(white potatoes), cheese (high in saturated fats), what looks like a tub of butter and do I see a coke in there. lol

Yes you are correct about the fatiest cuts, but sure is ridiculously delicious. 10 oz of ribeye for roughly 60 grams of protein and 35 grams of fat. ~555 or lets say 600 cals. hashbrowns are 10oz so 60 grams carbs ~300 (including seasoning) mushrooms another 300 cals

so roughly 1200 calories - No that is a diet coke, sorry I love it. Also that is a parmeasan peppercorn that I really dont like so I dont eat it.

Mind you I'm 245, very active, run etc. My bmr non adjusted is 2200 calories without my bf % in it. With it included around 2500 plus.

Adjusted for me being on my feet 6 hours a day at work, (low side) plus running 4+ a day (600 calories)

All I am saying is that this meal represents a 1/3 of my daily intake honestly.