Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #626
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I usually recomend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey because it is a good quality whey and has a decent price tag.

Muscle Tech is a company who's products I tend to shy away from. When buying whey, which is rather expensive, you only want to pay for the whey, Muscle Tech throws everything but the kitchen sink in there products, it's mostly useless and just adds label decoration. Here is the label from the ON compared to Muscle Techs. If you look at the muscle tech's it has sugars, flours, oils,salt THIS I FIND UNBELIVEABLE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. High fructose corn syrup should be avoided in all foods, no exceptions, period. I would use it as you purchased it but don't buy it again. The label of the ON is what most good quality whey's look like.





If you go to pg 22 post 540 you will see a post I made that will give you an idea on how to set up meals, not knowing your stats I can't be more exact. If you want to post or pm me this info I can be more precise gender, age, weight, height and activity level(work, exercise)
OK thanks, guess I should have done some research before I went out and bought some but it is alright.

I don't mind posting my stats:
Male
23
206lbs
5.8
At work I mainly sit at a desk but do some walking around. I go to the gym about 4 days a week and lift some weights and usually do anywhere between 35-45 min on the elliptical. Then twice a week I have to go to school and it is about a 1/4mile walk from where I park to my class.
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #627
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
OK thanks, guess I should have done some research before I went out and bought some but it is alright.

I don't mind posting my stats:
Male
23
206lbs
5.8
At work I mainly sit at a desk but do some walking around. I go to the gym about 4 days a week and lift some weights and usually do anywhere between 35-45 min on the elliptical. Then twice a week I have to go to school and it is about a 1/4mile walk from where I park to my class.


Everyone makes the same mistakes at first, as long as you learn from them and make improvements everything will work out.

Suppliments are more confusing than nutrition labels. All suppliment companies make claims based on "research" but most are all hype. The thing is you now know a little more than before so you have better tools to work with.

Whereas we have no real idea of how many cals you eat daily if I were you I would start out trying to eat about 2200 cals daily. Ideally you should try to eat 5-6 times daily. We will use 6 as this would be optimal. The ratios of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat is always a good starting point so if we break it down, meals should be about

366 cals

145 cals from protein (36 g)
145 cals from carbs (36 g)
73 cals from fat (8 g)

Using this info and the food chart and method of making meals on pg 22 you should be able to see what meals should look like.

Eating 6 meals a day, roughly 2 1/2 hrs apart is quite challenging at first but after you start to get the hang of it, it will get easier. A meal doesn't have to be solid food although that's ideal but it does need a substancial protein source and carb source, so a glass of no fat milk is not a meal but no fat milk and protein powder is for example. A cup of cereal and milk is not a meal but a cup of cereal, milk and protein powder is. A piece of chicken is not a meal but a piece of chicken with some brown rice is. Fat's are very important also but don't need to be eaten with every meal but the amount posted daily is. All fat's are not equal, when we say fats we mean good fats polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Some of these would include fish(salmon), nuts, avacardoes, olive oil, sesamee oils, flax seed etc. not saturated fats or trans fats, that means no donuts, cookies, butter or almost any processed foods, I know it's a bummer but that's the way it is.

What I will suggest is that you look over the thread where others have posted meals and we look at them and make corrections. You can also post what and when you eat and we can make suggestions to improve on it.Sometimes this aproach works best

When you lift weights do you use a specific program or just have at it?

There is a lot of info and bouncing around on my part but I'm trying to get a feel for you schedule and eating habits, as I get a better feel for it I can be more specific with my suggestions so if I'm throwing to much at you or you have any questions feel free to ask.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #628
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,621
Thank you for taking time to help me out I really appreciate it! Sounds like it may be a little tough to get in the habit of but I will try my hardest!

As far as lifting goes here is the schedule I keep:

Monday-Chest and Abs and 45 min on the elliptical
Tuesday- Shoulders and Back 30 min on the elliptical
Wed. Legs,Abs and 45min on the elliptical
Friday: Biceps & Triceps, Abs 30 min on the elliptical


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #629
AllBlckChvy
 
AllBlckChvy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW
Posts: 340
Aminolast

Any thoughts on Aminolast? Is it good for beginners? Seems to get good reviews...
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #630
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Thank you for taking time to help me out I really appreciate it! Sounds like it may be a little tough to get in the habit of but I will try my hardest!

As far as lifting goes here is the schedule I keep:

Monday-Chest and Abs and 45 min on the elliptical
Tuesday- Shoulders and Back 30 min on the elliptical
Wed. Legs,Abs and 45min on the elliptical
Friday: Biceps & Triceps, Abs 30 min on the elliptical


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'm glad to help. It is hard at first but it becomes much easier especially after you start seeing results but you must be patient and consistent with eating habits and exercise.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #631
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo818 View Post
Any thoughts on Aminolast? Is it good for beginners? Seems to get good reviews...
I'm not familiar with it but I checked it out and it is a BCAA suppliment. Here is what I think, I assume you lift weights if you are interested in this product, if so you should be eating lots of lean proteins and or supplimenting with whey protein. BCAA's are found in lean proteins(meat) and is also found in whey protein and whey protein has a real good dose of BCAA's so there is no need to spend money on them in addition to the two other sources mentioned. The only exception would be if you are in a cutting phase where you are restricting cals quite a bit and in doing so restricting protein intake enough to benefit from them but to me that is an extreme cut and something most don't or don't need to do.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #632
AllBlckChvy
 
AllBlckChvy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW
Posts: 340
Thanks for your response. I am wanting to get back into lifting weights (been 10 years!). So in your opinion, whey protein and lean meats should be enough? I did a lil research to see what others were using and came across Aminolast. I'm looking to lose fat and build up muscle and of course I'd need to come up with meal plan, which I find difficult to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I'm not familiar with it but I checked it out and it is a BCAA suppliment. Here is what I think, I assume you lift weights if you are interested in this product, if so you should be eating lots of lean proteins and or supplimenting with whey protein. BCAA's are found in lean proteins(meat) and is also found in whey protein and whey protein has a real good dose of BCAA's so there is no need to spend money on them in addition to the two other sources mentioned. The only exception would be if you are in a cutting phase where you are restricting cals quite a bit and in doing so restricting protein intake enough to benefit from them but to me that is an extreme cut and something most don't or don't need to do.
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #633
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo818 View Post
Thanks for your response. I am wanting to get back into lifting weights (been 10 years!). So in your opinion, whey protein and lean meats should be enough? I did a lil research to see what others were using and came across Aminolast. I'm looking to lose fat and build up muscle and of course I'd need to come up with meal plan, which I find difficult to do.

Don't go by what "others" are using because most of them have no clue.

As far as suppliments go you really don't need many. There are a bunch of good suppliments but most are not "needed" at all. The best thing is a good clean diet and a few suppliments to compliment it. The most important being a good quality whey protein. This will give you a good quality protein source and a very good dose of BCAA's (that's what amino last is without the crap thrown in). Sometimes a good quality fat supliment is useful, this with the whey makes consuming adequate amounts of each easier by "suplimenting" your diet. The other suppliment which is proven to be worth taking although not necessary is creatine monhydrate. If you eat right and supliment with these 3 you should do just fine.

Loosing fat and building muscle require two totally different strategies and are very difficult to do at the same time. If you have a good amount of fat to loose you would start with that, you will build muscle and gain body definition so it will look like you've built a lot more muscle.Once you've acheived that goal then there would be a change in diet and exercise to focus on muscle gains.

Personally, I carry a good amount of muscle but do not eat enough cals for substancial muscle gain, my diet is kind of in between focussing more on fat loss, it is a bit slower building muscle this way and requires more strictness in diet but then again, I'm no spring chicken so someone younger can make larger gains quicker. I have my most recent photo posted on pg 22, I'm 58 and practice the exact same kind of diet and exercise I suggest here for most.

I, as well as others that frequent this thread, will be glad to help in constructing a good diet and workout plan. Most of what has been posted for others is basically what you will need to do with small adjustments for your specific needs.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #634
AllBlckChvy
 
AllBlckChvy's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 2LS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SW
Posts: 340
Cool, I'll look over this thread for the meals. I appreciate your help CFD!
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #635
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo818 View Post
Cool, I'll look over this thread for the meals. I appreciate your help CFD!

Glad to help. After looking around if you have any questions feel free to ask, if you come up with a meal plan you can post it and we'll have a look and if needed can make some suggestions to dial it in.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #636
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #637
bubsy73
 
bubsy73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.
I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick!!!

I thought I would let you know that I have lost 5 lbs now so down to 170 this morning. Works out to a pound a week, so I figure by mid September I should achieve my goal weight. (Around 140ish) I am happy with my progress and I am determined to keep going. It hasn't been so bad and I think that if I continue I can change my habits. Thanks CFD for all of you support and input. I hope you feel better soon and please don't hurt yourself before your body is ready!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #638
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you
 
bossbunny's Avatar
 
Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cut 'N Shoot Texas
Posts: 24,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.
OMG! That sounds scary and painful!! Hope it heals fast!



Still crossfitting away here, not alot new with me.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #639
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.

OUCH!!! But I bet the hardest part is sitting around. You can always work that upper body - come on now - no slacking!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick!!!

I thought I would let you know that I have lost 5 lbs now so down to 170 this morning. Works out to a pound a week, so I figure by mid September I should achieve my goal weight. (Around 140ish) I am happy with my progress and I am determined to keep going. It hasn't been so bad and I think that if I continue I can change my habits. Thanks CFD for all of you support and input. I hope you feel better soon and please don't hurt yourself before your body is ready!

Congrats Bubsy73!! I think I saw you post that you were using the "My Fitness Pal" app. I'm there as caesarsmom if you want a friend Keep up the good work!!



10.4 lbs !!!

:happy anim:

Only 9.6 left to lose - or maybe more. This second 10 may get a little harder, but I'm more motivated

Need some suggestions for fish. I need to eat it, but I don't really care for it. I like Orange roughy cause it's not real fishy. Any other suggestions and recipes anyone might suggest? AND I don't want my house smelling like fish -
I'll grill it if I have to

Thanks as always CFD for your help and support
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #640
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick!!!

I thought I would let you know that I have lost 5 lbs now so down to 170 this morning. Works out to a pound a week, so I figure by mid September I should achieve my goal weight. (Around 140ish) I am happy with my progress and I am determined to keep going. It hasn't been so bad and I think that if I continue I can change my habits. Thanks CFD for all of you support and input. I hope you feel better soon and please don't hurt yourself before your body is ready!
That's good news. !-2 lbs weekly is considered optimal. There are other diets that will loose weight faster but making changes to your eating habits and loosing weight slowly is more likely to be succesful in the long run. Most people who go on diets that loose weight quickly usually gain it back and more when they stop and they always stop because such diets are not sustainable for the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
OMG! That sounds scary and painful!! Hope it heals fast!



Still crossfitting away here, not alot new with me.
Hey stranger, glad everything is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
OUCH!!! But I bet the hardest part is sitting around. You can always work that upper body - come on now - no slacking!!!






Congrats Bubsy73!! I think I saw you post that you were using the "My Fitness Pal" app. I'm there as caesarsmom if you want a friend Keep up the good work!!



10.4 lbs !!!

:happy anim:

Only 9.6 left to lose - or maybe more. This second 10 may get a little harder, but I'm more motivated

Need some suggestions for fish. I need to eat it, but I don't really care for it. I like Orange roughy cause it's not real fishy. Any other suggestions and recipes anyone might suggest? AND I don't want my house smelling like fish -
I'll grill it if I have to

Thanks as always CFD for your help and support
Looks like you've got this nailed, I'm impressed with your comitment and results, it seems hard at first but it gets easier and eventually becomes natural.


There may have been a recipie or two for fish in the group I posted a few pages back. I include fish in my diet but mostly Salmon, it is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. If you do try Salmon look for wild caught Salmon from cold waters, their fat content is better and more. One thing in buying fish, it tastes much better fresh, the rule is, if it smells fishy it's not fresh. Fish should smell more like the ocean than fishy.

When I cook Salmon I use Chef Paul Purdones Salmon Seasoning. It does have a bit of sodium in it but where as I buy most foods either low salt or salt free it doesn't have a negative effect. In fact, I'm sure everyone is familiar with electrolites, on e of which is in salt so some salt is needed but too much is not good. You're much better off buying everythind salt free and then adding your own so you can keep an eye on your intake.


Thanks everyone for your concern, I'm ok but quite soar. Stitches will be out by next weekend and I'll be right back at it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #641
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,173
I been maintaining healthy. I will be receiving my Nutra-Bullet blender Friday. I want to shake up some good healthy shakes and smoothies.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #642
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,156
11.6 LBS!!!


8.4 to go!!!

I haven't felt this good in a long long time. I'm even
looking forward to working out Once again, can't
thank you enough CFD

I'll be back next Wed with another update
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #643
RubyCamaro
SSlayer
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 13,546
I'm still bummed I can't find a class & still battling lower back pain. I suspect from years of class 2-3 days a week now gone. It is just not the same trying to work out on your own. but I'm still eating well & losing fat. I haven't been on the scales lately but I can tell. That is all. Great work busby & Becky!
__________________

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 02-27-2013 at 11:47 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #644
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
11.6 LBS!!!


8.4 to go!!!

I haven't felt this good in a long long time. I'm even
looking forward to working out Once again, can't
thank you enough CFD

I'll be back next Wed with another update

This is great news. Before you know it you will have reached your goal, what's next?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #645
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I'm still bummed I can't find a class & still battling lower back pain. I suspect from yeard of class 2-3 days a week now gone. It is just not the same trying to work out on your own. but I'm still eating well & losing fat. I haven't been on the scales lately but I can tell. That is all. Great work busby & Becky!

You're still making progress, I'm sure you will come up with a class. Some people find it hard to workout alone although I myself like it, no distractions.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #646
LStick

 
LStick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LS Blue Ray
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Streetsboro Ohio
Posts: 751
Alright...stepped on the scale after my January 11th doctors visit...........and stepping on the scale this morning, I'm down 18 pounds.

No eating in between meals and after 7pm at night was a real ----- , since I work 3-11pm, but I've gotten used to it.

Walking more at work, feeling better as a result. Thanks for starting the thread.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #647
bubsy73
 
bubsy73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 120
I'll look for ya Becky on myfitnesspal.

I'm now 168 and still on track. I've decided to join a ladies slo pitch team this year. It dawned on me that after I had my daughter, I played ball and lost the majority of the baby weight I'd gained during pregnancy during that one season. Which was about 40 lbs.

I realize I'm in a different situation and I'm not in my 20's anymore, but thought this might just help the cause! :-) it would also be nice to make some new friends too since I moved from my hometown 2 years ago and don't know a lot of people where I am now.

Hopefully I can keep the concussions at bay, (had a few from base running and getting beaned by the ball really sucks)! That was the main reason I bailed out of playing and I wouldn't say it's because girls can't throw cause a one of them was a guy in a coed tournament, but lets just say it makes me a bit nervous.

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #648
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MASS.
Posts: 4,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
I'll look for ya Becky on myfitnesspal.

I'm now 168 and still on track. I've decided to join a ladies slo pitch team this year. It dawned on me that after I had my daughter, I played ball and lost the majority of the baby weight I'd gained during pregnancy during that one season. Which was about 40 lbs.

I realize I'm in a different situation and I'm not in my 20's anymore, but thought this might just help the cause! :-) it would also be nice to make some new friends too since I moved from my hometown 2 years ago and don't know a lot of people where I am now.

Hopefully I can keep the concussions at bay, (had a few from base running and getting beaned by the ball really sucks)! That was the main reason I bailed out of playing and I wouldn't say it's because girls can't throw cause a one of them was a guy in a coed tournament, but lets just say it makes me a bit nervous.

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone!

You've been doing great and seem to be right on target. Taking on more activity will increase the results and it would appear you're energy levels are building as well.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #649
bubsy73
 
bubsy73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 120
This past weekend my husband actually took notice that I've lost some weight. He sees it in my face and I showed him my stomach and he's pretty happy with my progress.
I've been trying to continue to wear baggy unflattering clothes until I can do a reveal in the sense of a nice form fitting outfit. I figure another 20 lbs or so to go might be the time.
I'm pretty happy with how I've been doing this. It's quite an accomplishment when it seemed so impossible before, and I'm glad I had a goal to wake me up and do something about it now.
Thanks as always CFD for your words of encouragement! I'll post before and after pics once I reach my goal, cause I know there will be quite the difference!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #650
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 29,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
This past weekend my husband actually took notice that I've lost some weight. He sees it in my face and I showed him my stomach and he's pretty happy with my progress.
I've been trying to continue to wear baggy unflattering clothes until I can do a reveal in the sense of a nice form fitting outfit. I figure another 20 lbs or so to go might be the time.
I'm pretty happy with how I've been doing this. It's quite an accomplishment when it seemed so impossible before, and I'm glad I had a goal to wake me up and do something about it now.
Thanks as always CFD for your words of encouragement! I'll post before and after pics once I reach my goal, cause I know there will be quite the difference!


Congrats bubsy73!! Great idea to get back to playing ball. Looks like it will have 2 fold benefits for you.

Keep up the good work - you're doing a great job.
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.