Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #491
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Interesting day yesterday

Went to the Auto Show and got in early
which was great -got to see the Vette
without the huge crowds -Gorgeous!!

When to Breakfast (bruch?) about 10:30-11:00
had a Greek Omlette and Dry Rye Toast.

Then Later - 5:00-5:30 I went to dinner
at a local restaurant. I had 4 pieces of
blackened shrimp(yum), crab and lobster
cake (yum) and Mahi Mahi with a mango
salsa. All of the portions were small and
only the crab cake had any type of cream
sauce which was very little. There was
also some wild rice with the Mahi Mahi -
how in the heck do I count that?????

I've been good about using My Fitness Pal
app to keep track, but I'm at a loss. I don't
think it was too crazy in calories, but I
could be missing something. The other
aspect was there were only 2 meals yesterday
and nothing in between. Back on schedule
today..........

Thoughts??

I wouldn't worry about it, life happens. The choices weren't outrageous and more importantly would be portion sizes, it sounds like you have that covered. The only eating two meals is more of a concern but again, once in a while stuff like this doesn't have much of an effect in the long run so as long as it doesn't happen often don't worry about it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #492
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 45,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, life happens. The choices weren't outrageous and more importantly would be portion sizes, it sounds like you have that covered. The only eating two meals is more of a concern but again, once in a while stuff like this doesn't have much of an effect in the long run so as long as it doesn't happen often don't worry about it.

Thanks, I'm back on track today.

I did find a little treasure at the grocery store yesterday.
I am going to make the Tuna Patties that were in the
cookbook, so I was buying that and some more brussel
sprouts (cause I love love love them) and I wanted some
more chicken -easy to make and store. I looked again
for the Perfect Portions you suggested and they had a
Italian seasoned. I was concerned because I know how
that fat can creep up with something like that and low
and behold -1.5g Fat - 2G carbs and 26G protein -WINNER!!
They had a garlic something as well, but didn't check it
out. Each one was wrapped separately and 5 in a bag-
BIG WIN!!!!!

Cooked them up Sun and steamed the brussell sprouts
so I'm good to go. I'll make the Tuna Patties on Tues
or Wed so I have something different.
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #493
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Thanks, I'm back on track today.

I did find a little treasure at the grocery store yesterday.
I am going to make the Tuna Patties that were in the
cookbook, so I was buying that and some more brussel
sprouts (cause I love love love them) and I wanted some
more chicken -easy to make and store. I looked again
for the Perfect Portions you suggested and they had a
Italian seasoned. I was concerned because I know how
that fat can creep up with something like that and low
and behold -1.5g Fat - 2G carbs and 26G protein -WINNER!!
They had a garlic something as well, but didn't check it
out. Each one was wrapped separately and 5 in a bag-
BIG WIN!!!!!

Cooked them up Sun and steamed the brussell sprouts
so I'm good to go. I'll make the Tuna Patties on Tues
or Wed so I have something different.
Good to see your getting the hang of it. The perfect portions make it that much easier where as you don't have to weigh ,seperate or package them and it will make it easier to identify a proper portion. All these little things make preparing meals quicker and easier and when that happens people are more likely to stick with it. I am curious to see what the next weigh in will be, it will help see if any adjustments should be made but I think you are pretty close to where you should be as far as calories and food choices.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #494
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,270
Okay, I still think I am not doing badly for being on vacation. I brought my dumbells & leg weights & have worked out some. Yesterday no resturants & today only supper at Ruby Tuesday. I had Broiled salmon & grilled zuccini. AND I found a weight scale (HoMedics Tony Little's Body Express) that calculates % body fat, water & muscle mass as well as daily calorie predictor; and a digital caliper (Warrior Digital Body Mass Caliper) that that does the first 3. Both were on clearance at Tuesday Morning. Okay I tried them both when I got home. I know it was probably not the ideal time to try them out but wanted to try them when I got home. It was probably about an hour after we ate. I am not confident of the calipers yet, I suspect there is a learning curve to doing that correctly. It checks in 3 places. On the scales it said I was 28.0 fat, 54.7 water, 26.6 muscle & 2809 daily calorie predictor. The reading that fell the closest to this on the calipers was 28.9 body fat. I also brought my Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle Book & have been reading on it. I have to tell you I have a mental block when it cames to numbers so when it starts talking numbers I get lost in it pretty quickly or my brain just shuts down. It will take me a while reading it over & over & thinking about it & going back before I get all that stuff. But I am trying. Okay so what do these numbers mean (flawed as they may be)? Oh Yeah, & if you must know, I am 55 yo, 156 lbs right now & 5' 5" tall.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #495
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay, I still think I am not doing badly for being on vacation. I brought my dumbells & leg weights & have worked out some. Yesterday no resturants & today only supper at Ruby Tuesday. I had Broiled salmon & grilled zuccini. AND I found a weight scale (HoMedics Tony Little's Body Express) that calculates % body fat, water & muscle mass as well as daily calorie predictor; and a digital caliper (Warrior Digital Body Mass Caliper) that that does the first 3. Both were on clearance at Tuesday Morning. Okay I tried them both when I got home. I know it was probably not the ideal time to try them out but wanted to try them when I got home. It was probably about an hour after we ate. I am not confident of the calipers yet, I suspect there is a learning curve to doing that correctly. It checks in 3 places. On the scales it said I was 28.0 fat, 54.7 water, 26.6 muscle & 2809 daily calorie predictor. The reading that fell the closest to this on the calipers was 28.9 body fat. I also brought my Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle Book & have been reading on it. I have to tell you I have a mental block when it cames to numbers so when it starts talking numbers I get lost in it pretty quickly or my brain just shuts down. It will take me a while reading it over & over & thinking about it & going back before I get all that stuff. But I am trying. Okay so what do these numbers mean (flawed as they may be)? Oh Yeah, & if you must know, I am 55 yo, 156 lbs right now & 5' 5" tall.

The calipers do have a learning curve, even when being measured by pro's, results can vary. The thing is is to be consistant with where and how you measure that way a comparison can be made. Also you should measure at the same time, preferably in the am before consuming anything as it can have an effect on the measurements. I'm not sure where it came up with the calorie intake as that is rather high especially for fat loss.

In a nut shell the numbers mean you are carrying around 45 lbs of body fat.

There are a lot of formulas and numbers in the book so don't stress over them. The thing you need to know is what you are doing and why and that book covers it very well. The numbers most important are what your calorie, carb, protein and fat intake should be and then construct a diet that meets the requirements.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #496
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,270
Yuck! That sounds bad when you put it that way. Now I wish I knew how much body fat I was carrying when I was a size 16 instead of the current size 10. It would still sound bad but at least I could feel good about how far I have come. I still do. It will only get better.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #497
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Yuck! That sounds bad when you put it that way. Now I wish I knew how much body fat I was carrying when I was a size 16 instead of the current size 10. It would still sound bad but at least I could feel good about how far I have come. I still do. It will only get better.
You should feel good about how far you've come, most go the wrong way. Keep in mind that the body does require body fat, in fact about 10% is essential body fat(for women), that is why as body fat goes down the body tries harder to hang on to it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #498
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Where as nobody has been posting, I hope it's not 'cause everyone's been slacking off. If so, I'm gonna have to crack the whip. lol
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #499
Speedy1975
FASTER!
 
Speedy1975's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Challenger, 370Z
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,447
Still at it. Oddly, I lost 5 pounds for a couple days (stress?) then put on 6. Up to 167 now and 8.9% according to my gizmo.
__________________
-Speedy
2009 Challenger R/T
- Arrington Forged 6.0L and Magnacharger Supercharger - 600RWHP 600RWTQ


Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #500
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Still at it. Oddly, I lost 5 pounds for a couple days (stress?) then put on 6. Up to 167 now and 8.9% according to my gizmo.

That's pretty good results. If I remember right you were about 157 lbs when around 7% body fat, that means you've gained a little over 5 lbs of muscle with only about 4lbs body fat, pretty good trade off in my book.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #501
Speedy1975
FASTER!
 
Speedy1975's Avatar
 
Drives: Dodge Challenger, 370Z
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
That's pretty good results. If I remember right you were about 157 lbs when around 7% body fat, that means you've gained a little over 5 lbs of muscle with only about 4lbs body fat, pretty good trade off in my book.
I'd have to go back and look, but I "think" I got down to 153 lbs at 7% BF, but don't quote me.

I'm not as obsessive about it in the winter, just go by the mirror mostly and as long as I can still see a prominent 6 pack I'm happy.

They had some guy come to our offices and setup a machine that you get in and it pressurizes the air and measures your mass and body fat. It said I was almost 20% BF. I was in my underwear and I got out and looked at the guy like he had a third arm growing from his forehead and told him to give me my $20 back LOL

He tried to tell me it was the most accurate thing to check it with blah blah. I told him you don't have a six pack with 20% body fat and he just mumbled and trailed off.
__________________
-Speedy
2009 Challenger R/T
- Arrington Forged 6.0L and Magnacharger Supercharger - 600RWHP 600RWTQ


Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #502
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I'd have to go back and look, but I "think" I got down to 153 lbs at 7% BF, but don't quote me.

I'm not as obsessive about it in the winter, just go by the mirror mostly and as long as I can still see a prominent 6 pack I'm happy.

They had some guy come to our offices and setup a machine that you get in and it pressurizes the air and measures your mass and body fat. It said I was almost 20% BF. I was in my underwear and I got out and looked at the guy like he had a third arm growing from his forehead and told him to give me my $20 back LOL

He tried to tell me it was the most accurate thing to check it with blah blah. I told him you don't have a six pack with 20% body fat and he just mumbled and trailed off.
Wow, if you were at 153 then your lean mass gains are even greater, boy, wish I was young again. lol

That set up the guy had at your office is worthless, to even think you could have any visble abs at 20% body fat is rediculous, even at 10% they are just showing without much definition.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #503
bubsy73
 
bubsy73's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 120
Not a lot to report results wise. I've lost 1.2 lbs since a week last Tuesday. I've been doing an hour on the treadmill carrying 30lbs in my mailbag and its getting easier. It's about 3.5 miles I reach in that hour. Walking briskly and if anything making myself ready for a letter carrier gig ;-)
I've made it 7 days without the coke and I do miss it. Not even close to giving up! Results will come in time. Though my daughter thinks my tummy looks smaller. I'll try to check in once a week just to keep myself honest!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #504
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post
Not a lot to report results wise. I've lost 1.2 lbs since a week last Tuesday. I've been doing an hour on the treadmill carrying 30lbs in my mailbag and its getting easier. It's about 3.5 miles I reach in that hour. Walking briskly and if anything making myself ready for a letter carrier gig ;-)
I've made it 7 days without the coke and I do miss it. Not even close to giving up! Results will come in time. Though my daughter thinks my tummy looks smaller. I'll try to check in once a week just to keep myself honest!
It's good to hear you are sticking with it. Don't expect the weight to drop off overnight, it didn't get there overnight and won't come off overnight. This is something that discourages a lot of people especially when you see these ads where you can drop inches and pounds in a couple of weeks, you can, but more often than not it's water weight. The exercise is great but diet is key, how are you doing with that?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.