Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #681
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,236
My Maternal grandfather lived to be 101. A maternal great grandmother lived to 102. My paternal grandparents, my paternal grandmother's mother (my great grandmother) & my paternal grandfather's father (my great grandfather) well into their 90's. None of them were overweight. They all ate a LOT of animal fat. None of them had to diet or have an exercize routine. The difference? They grew, raised or hunted all they ate and they worked VERY hard. There were no steriods or antibiotics in their meat and no preservatives in anything. They got up at dawn & worked hard on the farm until dark. The same was true for me for most of my youth. Today I was reminded of those days. I worked outside all day. I cut down the old dead Snake Grass so the new growth could come in & loaded the clippings into a wheelbarrow & took them to the street. Then I raked up all the pine needles from under our 2 huge pine trees & hauled them to use as mulch under all the trees in our yard. Then I waxed Ruby. It really felt good both to finally be outside in the fresh, warm air & to do some hard work. I'm sure I will feel this if not tomorrow, the next day (I'm usually sore the second day). I sure miss all the home grown/raised foods we used to eat. We even grew our own peanuts & popcorn plus every vegetable you can think of & a few you wouldn't, a wide variety of fruits, cows, pigs (made our own sausage, smoked ham, etc), chickens (both for meat & eggs). We froze, canned, dried &/or smoked all these so we had food year round. Okay, I'm done rambling on about the good old days now.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #682
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
My Maternal grandfather lived to be 101. A maternal great grandmother lived to 102. My paternal grandparents, my paternal grandmother's mother (my great grandmother) & my paternal grandfather's father (my great grandfather) well into their 90's. None of them were overweight. They all ate a LOT of animal fat. None of them had to diet or have an exercize routine. The difference? They grew, raised or hunted all they ate and they worked VERY hard. There were no steriods or antibiotics in their meat and no preservatives in anything. They got up at dawn & worked hard on the farm until dark. The same was true for me for most of my youth. Today I was reminded of those days. I worked outside all day. I cut down the old dead Snake Grass so the new growth could come in & loaded the clippings into a wheelbarrow & took them to the street. Then I raked up all the pine needles from under our 2 huge pine trees & hauled them to use as mulch under all the trees in our yard. Then I waxed Ruby. It really felt good both to finally be outside in the fresh, warm air & to do some hard work. I'm sure I will feel this if not tomorrow, the next day (I'm usually sore the second day). I sure miss all the home grown/raised foods we used to eat. We even grew our own peanuts & popcorn plus every vegetable you can think of & a few you wouldn't, a wide variety of fruits, cows, pigs (made our own sausage, smoked ham, etc), chickens (both for meat & eggs). We froze, canned, dried &/or smoked all these so we had food year round. Okay, I'm done rambling on about the good old days now.

A new diet fad "Paleo" or "Hunters Diet" is pretty much just that. It requres eating only lean meats and fiberous vegetables. The eating plan I usually recomend is quite similar except it does allow for complex starchy carbs in moderation. The other thing that some don't realize is that in yesteryear, protein sources were also much leaner. Most animal proteins were raised in farms that allowed grazing and eating of natural grains and grasses. Now animals are mass raised in cubicals resulting in faster,fatter and fattier meats. You are what you eat and so is what you eat.

If you look at natural grass fed beef you will see a major difference in fat content. Even our vegetables are genetically altered to grow faster and bigger, man should leave mother natures work alone, she got it right, we screwed it up. LOl.

Physical labor such as yard work, shoveling snow etc can be a rigerous workout and rewarding as well.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #683
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
A new diet fad "Paleo" or "Hunters Diet" is pretty much just that. It requres eating only lean meats and fiberous vegetables. The eating plan I usually recomend is quite similar except it does allow for complex starchy carbs in moderation. The other thing that some don't realize is that in yesteryear, protein sources were also much leaner. Most animal proteins were raised in farms that allowed grazing and eating of natural grains and grasses. Now animals are mass raised in cubicals resulting in faster,fatter and fattier meats. You are what you eat and so is what you eat.

If you look at natural grass fed beef you will see a major difference in fat content. Even our vegetables are genetically altered to grow faster and bigger, man should leave mother natures work alone, she got it right, we screwed it up. LOl.

Physical labor such as yard work, shoveling snow etc can be a rigerous workout and rewarding as well.

Hey CFD, I started a new routine. It's a bb.com 12 week routine. The kris gethrin 12 week cut. 40 min a day cardio and intense higher rep workouts. However his diet is awesome, none of the fancy bs shit. It's lean beef, chicken, fish, egg whites, rice, oats, broccoli, sweet potatoes. Through week 1 down 7 pounds.

Here's my schedule everyday.
830 am - wake up 5 egg whites, 1/4 cup oats , large coffee with sweet and low
1030 am - 6oz chx or beef , 1/2 cup sweet potato mashed (skin, boil for 1 hour, drain but keep water in pot, mash and blend, add truvia and cinnamon) no extra calories from anything!

1230 workout (2days workouts, 1day off. Cardio everyday, 40min workout days and 1 hour on off days)

230-3 pm - 6pz beef or chx, 2/3 cup cooked rice broccoli.
530 or 6pm - 6 oz beef or chx, 1/2 cup sweet potato mashed
830-9 pm always 6oz chx, mash or rice, always broccoli.
I'm off work at 1130 pm
Go to bed by 1245-1

Wake up repeat

M loving it be aide it's not a fancy diet and its some hard work. They bb site made workout logs that I printed out and put into a binder with week tabs. Each day I weigh myself, and write down everything I lifted and did for cardio. Also I write down my diet.
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #684
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Thank you mother nature for providing me with another full body workout via shoveling snow. I'm sure I've said it before but here goes " man I hate snow"

Hope everyones doing good and achieving their goals.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #685
Ghost1LE

 
Ghost1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Hey CFD, I started a new routine. It's a bb.com 12 week routine. The kris gethrin 12 week cut. 40 min a day cardio and intense higher rep workouts. However his diet is awesome, none of the fancy bs shit. It's lean beef, chicken, fish, egg whites, rice, oats, broccoli, sweet potatoes. Through week 1 down 7 pounds.

Here's my schedule everyday.
830 am - wake up 5 egg whites, 1/4 cup oats , large coffee with sweet and low
1030 am - 6oz chx or beef , 1/2 cup sweet potato mashed (skin, boil for 1 hour, drain but keep water in pot, mash and blend, add truvia and cinnamon) no extra calories from anything!

1230 workout (2days workouts, 1day off. Cardio everyday, 40min workout days and 1 hour on off days)

230-3 pm - 6pz beef or chx, 2/3 cup cooked rice broccoli.
530 or 6pm - 6 oz beef or chx, 1/2 cup sweet potato mashed
830-9 pm always 6oz chx, mash or rice, always broccoli.
I'm off work at 1130 pm
Go to bed by 1245-1

Wake up repeat

M loving it be aide it's not a fancy diet and its some hard work. They bb site made workout logs that I printed out and put into a binder with week tabs. Each day I weigh myself, and write down everything I lifted and did for cardio. Also I write down my diet.
Driyac,

I did 6 weeks of this routine, and it's great, but it continually cuts down the carbs and increases the intensity, and gets very hard for a full 12 weeks especially the diet because it is so simple and monotonous. It's definitely a good routine though, of all the routines on bb.com, me and my friends have pretty much agreed that Gethin's 12 week is the best of the bunch.

Only thing I didn't like were the leg workouts, the multiple sets of 30,40,50 reps on leg press and hack squats were absolutely terrible, as close to puking from a workout I've ever been came from his leg workouts.

Good luck and stick with it! I am cutting down right now as well, and just as a thought, maybe try 10-20 minutes of HIIT in the morning instead of the 2 - 20 minute sessions of cardio, I don't feel like walking up stairs is really a good cardio.
__________________
Ghost1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #686
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1LE View Post
Driyac,

I did 6 weeks of this routine, and it's great, but it continually cuts down the carbs and increases the intensity, and gets very hard for a full 12 weeks especially the diet because it is so simple and monotonous. It's definitely a good routine though, of all the routines on bb.com, me and my friends have pretty much agreed that Gethin's 12 week is the best of the bunch.

Only thing I didn't like were the leg workouts, the multiple sets of 30,40,50 reps on leg press and hack squats were absolutely terrible, as close to puking from a workout I've ever been came from his leg workouts.

Good luck and stick with it! I am cutting down right now as well, and just as a thought, maybe try 10-20 minutes of HIIT in the morning instead of the 2 - 20 minute sessions of cardio, I don't feel like walking up stairs is really a good cardio.

Without reading the program I can't elaborate to much but the diet, although kind of bland doesn't look bad, the only thing I would do is use a form of carb cycling or tapering,it has been proven to be the most effective way of fat loss. Also as stated HIIT is also more effective than steady cardio and a lot less boring. Programs that utilize heavier weight work with less reps tend to build more muscle which in turn promotes more fat loss. One of my personal favorite routines is a 4 day split, 1 day upper body with heavy weight,1 day lower body heavy weight, 1 day upper for hypertrophy and 1 day lower hypertrophy. In doing this and including super sets provides strenth and size gains as well as a cardio aspect for fat burning. It is quite effective.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #687
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost1LE View Post
Driyac,

I did 6 weeks of this routine, and it's great, but it continually cuts down the carbs and increases the intensity, and gets very hard for a full 12 weeks especially the diet because it is so simple and monotonous. It's definitely a good routine though, of all the routines on bb.com, me and my friends have pretty much agreed that Gethin's 12 week is the best of the bunch.

Only thing I didn't like were the leg workouts, the multiple sets of 30,40,50 reps on leg press and hack squats were absolutely terrible, as close to puking from a workout I've ever been came from his leg workouts.

Good luck and stick with it! I am cutting down right now as well, and just as a thought, maybe try 10-20 minutes of HIIT in the morning instead of the 2 - 20 minute sessions of cardio, I don't feel like walking up stairs is really a good cardio.
Absolutely, I ill probably reassess the diet as well when the time comes and I'm low on energy. However I use vyvanse and I can tell you I'm pretty much amped 24/7. Only i wish itt would cut my hunger cravings like 99% of others experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Without reading the program I can't elaborate to much but the diet, although kind of bland doesn't look bad, the only thing I would do is use a form of carb cycling or tapering,it has been proven to be the most effective way of fat loss. Also as stated HIIT is also more effective than steady cardio and a lot less boring. Programs that utilize heavier weight work with less reps tend to build more muscle which in turn promotes more fat loss. One of my personal favorite routines is a 4 day split, 1 day upper body with heavy weight,1 day lower body heavy weight, 1 day upper for hypertrophy and 1 day lower hypertrophy. In doing this and including super sets provides strenth and size gains as well as a cardio aspect for fat burning. It is quite effective.
Could you explain the carb cycling? Also I don't and probably won't continue to do such high rep sets. Just doing it now to follow a program until Adjustments are needed.

Also down to 240.5 this morning.
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #688
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Carb cycling is when you would eat minimal carbs (60g or so max.), no starchy carbs, only fiberous carbs for 3-4 days and then a day of moderate or high carbs. The idea is to reduce carb/calories to promote rapid fat loss, in doing so the body will sense that it is in a caloric deficit and fat loss will slow down or even stop if continued for a period of time, so by eating higher carbs every 3-4 days you are not giving the body enough time to realize the caloric deficit so it does not stop fat loss. This keeps metabolism high and restores glycogen and energy levels before they are to far depleted.

Carb tapering is the way of eating I usually suggest here for most. It is when you eat starchy carbs earlier in the day and as the day progresses you cut the starchy carbs and only eat fiberous carbs. By doing this you keep energy levels high but by not consuming starchy carbs later in the day there is not an excess of unburned carbs to be stored as fat.

This way of eating is much more sustainable than restricting carbs to much. Many fat loss diets cut carbs drastically so at first everyone experiences rapid fat loss so think they have found a great diet, the problem is the body senses the deficit and then fat loss stops, your metabolism slows and you get severe cravings, so naturally you eat carbs and often bad carbs, when you restrict carbs to long and then eat them again your body imediately stores them as protection against the next deficit. That is why people who go on these diets always put the weight back on and then some, it's the bodys way of self preservation.

I always use carb cycling when cutting and carb tapering as a regular way of eating. Well, almost always, I am human too and have my weak moments lol.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #689
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 40,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Thank you mother nature for providing me with another full body workout via shoveling snow. I'm sure I've said it before but here goes " man I hate snow"

Hope everyones doing good and achieving their goals.
+1 on the snow and welcome to spring in Michigan 27 degrees, nice
steady wind and cold as heck I hate this time of year -
now the good news:


Down 15 LBS!!!

really not much progress from last week, but I'll take any
progress!! I feel great and I've only got 5 more lbs to go -
unless I get there and decide to lose more. Just have to
see how I look and feel when I get there.

Thanks for letting me chime in - you guys and all your fancy
diets and exercise programs, you lose me. I'm thrilled I have
a nice easy diet from CFD and basic boot camp 3 days a week
and it's working great!! Maybe someday I'll get to your levels

Take care everyone!!
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #690
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
+1 on the snow and welcome to spring in Michigan 27 degrees, nice
steady wind and cold as heck I hate this time of year -
now the good news:


Down 15 LBS!!!

really not much progress from last week, but I'll take any
progress!! I feel great and I've only got 5 more lbs to go -
unless I get there and decide to lose more. Just have to
see how I look and feel when I get there.

Thanks for letting me chime in - you guys and all your fancy
diets and exercise programs, you lose me. I'm thrilled I have
a nice easy diet from CFD and basic boot camp 3 days a week
and it's working great!! Maybe someday I'll get to your levels

Take care everyone!!
You pretty much are there. The diet I recomended to you is how I usually eat, the only differences are adding a few calories when you want to maintain and stop loosing weight but the eating plan remains the same. The most important thing is that it's not really a diet as such but a healthy way of eating and good for life.

I've got a quick question, in your boot camp at any time do you use weights in the program?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #691
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 40,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
You pretty much are there. The diet I recomended to you is how I usually eat, the only differences are adding a few calories when you want to maintain and stop loosing weight but the eating plan remains the same. The most important thing is that it's not really a diet as such but a healthy way of eating and good for life.

I've got a quick question, in your boot camp at any time do you use weights in the program?

We use them frequently. Dumbells. Today it
was split squats with 40lbs, dead lifts (same)
renegade rows (same) Yesterday was overhead
presses with a squat - you get the idea. I will
be interesting to see what my bone density
test shows this year after doing this type of
exercise as well as taking Fosamax. Why do you
ask?
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #692
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
We use them frequently. Dumbells. Today it
was split squats with 40lbs, dead lifts (same)
renegade rows (same) Yesterday was overhead
presses with a squat - you get the idea. I will
be interesting to see what my bone density
test shows this year after doing this type of
exercise as well as taking Fosamax. Why do you
ask?
Have you been using the same weights for each exercise for a while now?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #693
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 40,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Have you been using the same weights for each exercise for a while now?
Typically I use 1 20lb weight when one is needed
or 2 -20's when 2 are needed. I have a difficult
time with my left arm going any heavier than that
when pressing overhead. I need to start increasing
the other exercises because they are getting
"easier" to do-LOL. Why?
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #694
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Typically I use 1 20lb weight when one is needed
or 2 -20's when 2 are needed. I have a difficult
time with my left arm going any heavier than that
when pressing overhead. I need to start increasing
the other exercises because they are getting
"easier" to do-LOL. Why?
A couple of reasons. The body is very adaptive and you may have reached a point where fat loss is slowing down. If the exercises are getting easier it is a sign that the body has adapted to the exercise program and you need to do something about it. Usually an exercise program is effective for 4-6 weeks before something needs to be changed.When this happens there are several things you can do. One, which I prefer if possible is increase the weight used, if not you can increase the intensity/reps. This usually will help if your caloric intake isn't to low. Increasing weight load is more preferable.The other is to reduce calories more but if your caloric intake is already low that may not be a good choice. The other would be to inrease your cals by 200-300 a day for one week. This may result in a 1-2 lb gain but will jump start your metabolism resulting in further fat loss after.

If you could increase the weight load on as many lifts as possible it may do the trick. I always prefer to increase exercise in some way rather than reduce cals reason being increasing weight will not further slow down your metabolism as would cutting cals if that is the problem.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #695
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 40,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
A couple of reasons. The body is very adaptive and you may have reached a point where fat loss is slowing down. If the exercises are getting easier it is a sign that the body has adapted to the exercise program and you need to do something about it. Usually an exercise program is effective for 4-6 weeks before something needs to be changed.When this happens there are several things you can do. One, which I prefer if possible is increase the weight used, if not you can increase the intensity/reps. This usually will help if your caloric intake isn't to low. Increasing weight load is more preferable.The other is to reduce calories more but if your caloric intake is already low that may not be a good choice. The other would be to inrease your cals by 200-300 a day for one week. This may result in a 1-2 lb gain but will jump start your metabolism resulting in further fat loss after.

If you could increase the weight load on as many lifts as possible it may do the trick. I always prefer to increase exercise in some way rather than reduce cals reason being increasing weight will not further slow down your metabolism as would cutting cals if that is the problem.

The woman who runs the boot camp is a big fan of heavier weights and
I've been scolded more than once for not using enough. I've walked out of
there more than once lately feeling like I didn't really give it enough effort. So I'll take it as encouragement to push it harder!!

I'll be checking in again next Wed for my weigh in.
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #696
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
The woman who runs the boot camp is a big fan of heavier weights and
I've been scolded more than once for not using enough. I've walked out of
there more than once lately feeling like I didn't really give it enough effort. So I'll take it as encouragement to push it harder!!

I'll be checking in again next Wed for my weigh in.
She's right in using heavier weights, you should always incorporate some sort of progressive resistance which pretty much means always increase loads when you can otherwise your workouts become less and less effective.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #697
driyac

 
driyac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: West Chester Ohio
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Carb cycling is when you would eat minimal carbs (60g or so max.), no starchy carbs, only fiberous carbs for 3-4 days and then a day of moderate or high carbs. The idea is to reduce carb/calories to promote rapid fat loss, in doing so the body will sense that it is in a caloric deficit and fat loss will slow down or even stop if continued for a period of time, so by eating higher carbs every 3-4 days you are not giving the body enough time to realize the caloric deficit so it does not stop fat loss. This keeps metabolism high and restores glycogen and energy levels before they are to far depleted.

Carb tapering is the way of eating I usually suggest here for most. It is when you eat starchy carbs earlier in the day and as the day progresses you cut the starchy carbs and only eat fiberous carbs. By doing this you keep energy levels high but by not consuming starchy carbs later in the day there is not an excess of unburned carbs to be stored as fat.

This way of eating is much more sustainable than restricting carbs to much. Many fat loss diets cut carbs drastically so at first everyone experiences rapid fat loss so think they have found a great diet, the problem is the body senses the deficit and then fat loss stops, your metabolism slows and you get severe cravings, so naturally you eat carbs and often bad carbs, when you restrict carbs to long and then eat them again your body imediately stores them as protection against the next deficit. That is why people who go on these diets always put the weight back on and then some, it's the bodys way of self preservation.

I always use carb cycling when cutting and carb tapering as a regular way of eating. Well, almost always, I am human too and have my weak moments lol.

I have started carb tapering sir. And it is kind of nice. Its great to go to bed still full from all the fibrous carbs.

I also started this with my meats as well. Most fatty in the morning to the leanest at night.

Meal 2 - chicken (right before my workout) Rice/ whole wheat pasta
Meal 3- Steak - Rice or Swt potato
Meal 4- Pork - 1/2 portion of rice or swt and lots of broccoli
Meal 5 - grilled turkey breast or grilled chicken - whatever green veggie/ orange/ or white veggie i can find.
__________________
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.