Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #1051
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Hope the knee gets better. Ever tried taking melatonin for sleep? It is a natural substance your body also naturaly uses to help you sleep. Worth a shot. Sleep deprivation can negatively effect every system of your body impacting on your physical & mental health. Also no caffeine after noon, limit nitrites & try adding milk or poultry to your evening meal. Hope it gets better soon. Sleep is really, really important!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #1052
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Yea I've tried everything for sleep. That and z quil.. The zquil worked for a few days but that's all. I think my work sched just has me screwed up beyond fixing lol.
I've pretty much cut sodas out. It's been a lot of water. Sometimes with mio.

I've tried sleepy time yea before bed too. That just makes me wake up to have to pee lol.

Letting food digest a bit before going to run. Took a while to convince myself to get out of bed this morning lol

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #1053
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Tried light exposure? When shift work messes up sleep patterns this sometimes is the cure. Do not allow yourself to nap in daytime. Get up & go to bed at the same time each day. In the evening when is is close to night time make the house really dark & quiet for a couple of hours before you turn in. Keep your sleep area as dark as possible. As soon as you wake up open all the curtains & turn on all the lights. Glance up directly at the light every few seconds. Or go outside early & exercize. That is a good place to start. They make specialized light boards that have lights of the spectrum closely modeled after sunlight that can also be used for better effect.

Just don't give up on it. Keep trying different things until you get that resolved. Not much is more important. If all else fails, talk to your doctor. Good luck with it.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #1054
Liltuffgirl

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I switch between days and nights each week. 6-6. But my room is blacked out.

So I ran for 15 min hoping to get a mile and a half before this time. I failed. 1.46 miles. :(
I live on a big hill so the start of it was running down hill which didn't feel great. Ill start on the flat part next time. The rest didn't hurt but didn't feel right.

2013 SS
Liltuffgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #1055
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Claaaaaaaaaaaaass.............Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ass.....................................WAKE UP! If you are old enough to know where that is from you should also be on the 'Ol Farts thread LOL

I had to do a search to find our thread. I hate that. Our exercize class instructor was trying to kill us yesterday (just kidding), but she did push us really hard. I am going to be sore tomorrow! But it hurt so good! How the heck is everyone else doing??????????????????????
Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #1056
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Claaaaaaaaaaaaass.............Claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ass.....................................WAKE UP! If you are old enough to know where that is from you should also be on the 'Ol Farts thread LOL

I had to do a search to find our thread. I hate that. Our exercize class instructor was trying to kill us yesterday (just kidding), but she did push us really hard. I am going to be sore tomorrow! But it hurt so good! How the heck is everyone else doing??????????????????????
I'm awake. Seems like people have other things to do than hang around here. Lol
CFD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #1057
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Okay, I have said that my body changes don't show up much on the scales. When I say that, folks often look at me as if in doubt. Back in January I bought my scales that measure fat, water, muscle in addition to weight. At first I did not think to date my measurements. The first one I found dated was from Feb. It read:
Lbs - 153.6
fat - 27.1
muscle - 26.0
water - 55.4

Today:
Lbs - 145.0
fat - 25.1
muscle - 27.7
water - 56.9

Okay I know my legs, tummy & waist are a lot smaller & it is obvious. I have gone from sung in size 10 pants to size 8 being loose. I still have some fat I want gone on my back from the bottom of my shoulder blades to my upper hip area, from my tummy & from the top of my inner thighs. Everywhere else there is no visable fat. I worry that my quadricepts seem to be losing muscle mass even though I am doing a bunch of circuit training type running. I have always had good quads.

suggestions???????????
Old 08-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #1058
CFD

Quote:
Okay, I have said that my body changes don't show up much on the scales. When I say that, folks often look at me as if in doubt. Back in January I bought my scales that measure fat, water, muscle in addition to weight. At first I did not think to date my measurements. The first one I found dated was from Feb. It read:
Lbs - 153.6
fat - 27.1
muscle - 26.0
water - 55.4

Today:
Lbs - 145.0
fat - 25.1
muscle - 27.7
water - 56.9

Okay I know my legs, tummy & waist are a lot smaller & it is obvious. I have gone from sung in size 10 pants to size 8 being loose. I still have some fat I want gone on my back from the bottom of my shoulder blades to my upper hip area, from my tummy & from the top of my inner thighs. Everywhere else there is no visable fat. I worry that my quadricepts seem to be losing muscle mass even though I am doing a bunch of circuit training type running. I have always had good quads.

suggestions???????????
The numbers show very positive results. As I've mentioned before, you cannot choose where you loose fat so what you should do is work on the fat reduction with short intense cardio sessions and weight work. This will burn fat while not sacrificing hard earned muscle, it will also "tighten" up the areas you mentioned as well as giving a leaner, firmer look.

One of the best exercises that would benefit you is the squat. Learn proper form and use challenging weight loads.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #1059
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Yeah, I brought in some heaver weights tonight. I noticed in my last upper body workout that I easily needed more weight than I had prevously been using. I will use weight now also in my morning lower body workouts. I just don't want skinny legs. That has always been a good part I don't want to lose. I think I have got the proper squat technique but I'll double check to see that nothing has changed (as things do). I took courses in college in weight training, kinesiology & body mechanics (calisthenics). Do you think it sounds like I have the diet about right for now? I was worried I might need even more protien though I think I am doing pretty well. I'm still having my protien shake in the mornings, a protien bar snack at work, a lunch with a "perfect portion" chicken breast, vegies & whole wheat rice or quinoa & then a good protien with my supper & often a small glass of milk in the evening. ( I know that is not super specific but you get the idea).

Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #1060
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Boy do my abs hurt!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #1061
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
Hi all - just checking in!

All is well - still maintaining 150lbs, boot
camp 3 days a week and some extra arm
work 2-3 days. Feeling great!!

I just bought some more weights as well.
I'm working a progression for my arms. It's
amazing what a difference 3 lbs can make!!
I'll have quite a collection at some point, but
it's worth it. My arms don't look a whole lot
different when at my sides, but when I raise
them to the sides, I can see some difference.
It's going to be a work in progress.

I check out the thread every so often it's good
to see some new faces. Who knew my association
with an awesome Camaro community would also
help me lose weight

Keep up the good work everyone - Ruby you are
looking like a star
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #1062
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Thread, WAKE UP! Okay someone remind me what I am shooting for in body fat for a female Ol' Fart (56). I know someone told me but I have neither the time or
inclination to search through this whole thread to find it. I promise I'll write it somewhere that I can find it this time.

I have had a couple of weekends that were messed up in terms of diet due to drag racing events & only having limited portable foods on hand plus my class got cancelled a few days. Back on track now. (I have not gotten on the scales yet to assess damage).
Old 09-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #1063
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: The Sassiest V6 in the South!
Hello sunshine! How are you guys?!!?!

Ruby I have no idea.

Girl its all about continuing to try to do better! We all fall off sometimes. It gets better with time!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #1064
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

As for me: Sorry I dont check in that often but between work, workouts and school I wonder when I even get to just stop and breath. That being said I am on Twitter and Instagram @KiwiFitBlog if you want to keep up with me better.
Still trucking along, still doing crossfit. Added running and at home wods as well, with some yoga. Try to change it up. That being said I have developed compartment syndrome in my right leg like others in my family have. I tried getting new running shoes - went and got fitted for Brooks, it helped some. Had some one watch me run - form is good. Next stop is sports doctor for therapy I guess. So hopefully I will get that fixed up soon.

Here is a recent shot {taken at a hotel gym}. I have really leaned out, just working on abs now.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379363339.500183.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  109.3 KB

Last edited by bossbunny; 09-16-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #1065
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Lookin' good girl!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #1066
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Tori's Weight Reduction Mod

Ok I think I can jump in now, I'm feeling pretty good about myself these days. In February I decided I wanted to lose 25 lbs before I went to Sturgis Camaro Rally in June. I made it. I've lost 30 lbs and 3 chins since late Feb. I plan on losing/redistributing another 20.
So - today I found a pic from Aug. 2012 and a pic from Aug 2013. Put me side by side... wow. just wow.
Attached Images

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #1067
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Lookin' good girl!
Thanks babe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Ok I think I can jump in now, I'm feeling pretty good about myself these days. In February I decided I wanted to lose 25 lbs before I went to Sturgis Camaro Rally in June. I made it. I've lost 30 lbs and 3 chins since late Feb. I plan on losing/redistributing another 20.
So - today I found a pic from Aug. 2012 and a pic from Aug 2013. Put me side by side... wow. just wow.
Wow! Great job! You should definitely be proud!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #1068
CFD

[QUOTE=RubyCamaro;7007005]Thread, WAKE UP! Okay someone remind me what I am shooting for in body fat for a female Ol' Fart (56). I know someone told me but I have neither the time or
inclination to search through this whole thread to find it. I promise I'll write it somewhere that I can find it this time.

Since when is 56 old ????

By standard body fat charts a 56 yr old women at 28% or under is considered excellent.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #1069
CFD

Here is a recent shot {taken at a hotel gym}. I have really leaned out, just working on abs now.

Attachment 556650[/QUOTE]

Quote:

Some pretty impressive results ladies !!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #1070
heRS

thanks guys, Ruby, I'm 56 too... right there with ya sister.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #1071
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Thanks CFD!

Lookin good & congrats heRS!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #1072
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Wow! You look great!

I haven't posted in this thread yet, but have been following it for a while now, as it gives me motivation to keep going with my weight loss/fitness goals!

But this past June I went from being an extremely unhealthy vegetarian, to trying my best to become a healthy vegan, and since then I've lost 15 pounds I've noticed that I've become more toned, and I feel the best I've felt in like 4 years! I still have about 10-15 pounds to go until I'm exactly where I want to be, but so far so good! Thanks, and congrats to everyone who has had success so far with their goals! it's awesome to see success stories and it helps to keep me motivated!
Old 09-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #1073
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Welcome aboard Aubrey & keep up the good work!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #1074
heRS

Good going, Aubrey, you can do it! Thank you guys, for the attagirls, it feels good to look good

Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #1075
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Boy am I sore! This week's workouts have been killer! My doctor was impressed with my improvements this morning (over 6 months ago). How is everyone else doing?