Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #589
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,274
Taste & texture. Yuck to me. That is okay, I can have it in my shakes. I plan to make me some brownies too. I hope they are good because I have been craving chocolate. I'm used to the scales, I can have a HUGE difference in my size & proportions & little to no difference in the scales. It seems to be even more true for me than for most.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #590
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Taste & texture. Yuck to me. That is okay, I can have it in my shakes. I plan to make me some brownies too. I hope they are good because I have been craving chocolate. I'm used to the scales, I can have a HUGE difference in my size & proportions & little to no difference in the scales. It seems to be even more true for me than for most.
The texture can be changed by using more/less milk. I usually use a little more milk so it's not so thick. What kind of protein powder do you use? I have found that some taste good and are good in recipies and some don't/aren't
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #591
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,274
I bought a small container of Designer Whey. I did not want a huge container of anything, but especially not until I could see if I liked it.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #592
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I bought a small container of Designer Whey. I did not want a huge container of anything, but especially not until I could see if I liked it.
I've never tried that. I usually use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard in French Vanilla Creme. It goes well with recipies. It is a good quality Whey without all the useless additives a bunch of whey has.

Using quick oats or one minute oats, which are the same as regular oats just cut up smaller, in recipies seems to mix better.

You can add cinimon to them as well, a lot of people like it and it helps stabilize blood sugar more but I preffer it without.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #593
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 46,961
Interesting workout this AM -
after warm up
5min rounds 15sec on 15 sec off

sprints
burpees with dead lift
bear crawl
squats with overhead band press
kettle bell swings
jump to bench/jump squats or long jumps

I liked it because the short recovery in
there was enough to continue at a
decent pace. There was a 1 minute
rest between exercises.

Cold and snowy here today, wish I could
go take a nap

2 more days to weigh in - hoping for 2 more
lbs, but any drop will be welcome
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #594
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Interesting workout this AM -
after warm up
5min rounds 15sec on 15 sec off

sprints
burpees with dead lift
bear crawl
squats with overhead band press
kettle bell swings
jump to bench/jump squats or long jumps

I liked it because the short recovery in
there was enough to continue at a
decent pace. There was a 1 minute
rest between exercises.

Cold and snowy here today, wish I could
go take a nap

2 more days to weigh in - hoping for 2 more
lbs, but any drop will be welcome
If you've been keeping your diet in check I would think another 1-2 lbs is realistic but as I mentioned before if the scale disappoints you don't worry about it, weight loss isn't always going to be the same from week to week although If your diet and exercise don't change much then the results should be fairly consistent. If after a two week period there is no change then we will try something a little different because the body does adapt and after a while fat loss can stagnate, if it does, we'll just shake things up a little.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #595
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 46,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
If you've been keeping your diet in check I would think another 1-2 lbs is realistic but as I mentioned before if the scale disappoints you don't worry about it, weight loss isn't always going to be the same from week to week although If your diet and exercise don't change much then the results should be fairly consistent. If after a two week period there is no change then we will try something a little different because the body does adapt and after a while fat loss can stagnate, if it does, we'll just shake things up a little.

Does that mean I can go to Dairy Queen and
get a blizzard??
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #596
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Does that mean I can go to Dairy Queen and
get a blizzard??
What do you think?
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #597
RubyCamaro
Jan
 
RubyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Springfield, TN
Posts: 15,274
Helloooooooooooooooo! Wake up thread. We dropped off to the second page! Where is everyone? I'm still here. just been busy.
__________________
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #598
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 11,817
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274972

Hi Ruby!
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #599
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Helloooooooooooooooo! Wake up thread. We dropped off to the second page! Where is everyone? I'm still here. just been busy.
I'm always here keeping an eye on everybody
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #600
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet




 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet's Avatar
 
Drives: SS/RS6sp,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51,Z06
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Woodhaven, Mich
Posts: 46,961
7.2 lbs GONE!!!!!

At least the digital scale worked in my
favor this AM 162.8 12.8 more to
my goal.

Got some tahini yesterday-interesting in that the fat
content was a high as it was. I'm assuming it's the
seed/nut kind of fat - the good kind? I used less than
a teaspoon of it on the brussel spouts and it's tasty!!
I can totally taste it on cauliflower -that would be yummy.
What else could it be used on?

Also saw Dr Oz is endorsing chia seeds and I saw someone
post a recipe with them in it. Any thoughts? I also have
some Quinoa at home and haven't used it yet. Should I
think of that instead of rice? Does it have the same slow
digestion like oatmeal or should I be watching the time of
day that I would eat it?

Sorry, lot's of questions today. Just looking for more
variety to keep moving forward
__________________
Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...Direct Line

Available Camaro & Corvette Inventory
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #601
kalimus

 
kalimus's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US of A
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
7.2 lbs GONE!!!!!

At least the digital scale worked in my
favor this AM 162.8 12.8 more to
my goal.

Got some tahini yesterday-interesting in that the fat
content was a high as it was. I'm assuming it's the
seed/nut kind of fat - the good kind? I used less than
a teaspoon of it on the brussel spouts and it's tasty!!
I can totally taste it on cauliflower -that would be yummy.
What else could it be used on?

Also saw Dr Oz is endorsing chia seeds and I saw someone
post a recipe with them in it. Any thoughts? I also have
some Quinoa at home and haven't used it yet. Should I
think of that instead of rice? Does it have the same slow
digestion like oatmeal or should I be watching the time of
day that I would eat it?

Sorry, lot's of questions today. Just looking for more
variety to keep moving forward

BOSS!!!

Quinoa is an awesome grain. I cook it when I make salmon and greens. You can eat it for dinner for sure. As far as chia seeds... never used them, and don't know a terrible amount about them.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #602
CFD



 
Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dedham
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
7.2 lbs GONE!!!!!

At least the digital scale worked in my
favor this AM 162.8 12.8 more to
my goal.

Got some tahini yesterday-interesting in that the fat
content was a high as it was. I'm assuming it's the
seed/nut kind of fat - the good kind? I used less than
a teaspoon of it on the brussel spouts and it's tasty!!
I can totally taste it on cauliflower -that would be yummy.
What else could it be used on?

Also saw Dr Oz is endorsing chia seeds and I saw someone
post a recipe with them in it. Any thoughts? I also have
some Quinoa at home and haven't used it yet. Should I
think of that instead of rice? Does it have the same slow
digestion like oatmeal or should I be watching the time of
day that I would eat it?

Sorry, lot's of questions today. Just looking for more
variety to keep moving forward

Great news Becky. I take it you've been keeping your cals and macro's in check.

Sesami tahini is very high in cals and it's almost all fat cals but, yes, they are good fats. It also has protein, calcium, vitamin's E and B. Because of the high fat and cals you must only use small amounts, just add it in to your macro counts and you will be fine. It can be used on many different veggies and is the main ingredient in Humus, that is why Humus is considered healthy. As I mentioned before you can try this, get a liitle garlic salt or mashed garlic, lemon juice and a tiny bit of olive oil(a little water if you want to thin it out) and it's quite tasty. You can also get some Joseph's oat bran, flax seed and wheat pita bread(very low carb and healthy) sepearate the loaf and spread a small amount of the tahini mixture above on it, I usually put it in the oven so it gets crunchy, it is kinda like garlic bread. Just don't go crazy with it but it is quite flavorful so you don't need much anyways.

Dr Oz doesn't actually endorse to many products, if it's on a web site it is not an endorsment by him. Anyways don't waste your time, many of these miracle foods are bull, they usually do contain small amounts of useful nutrients but not near enough to be of any benefit.

Quinoa is an excellent substitute for rice. It is the only non animal protein that is a complete protein. It is a good source of fiber as well. It is high in carbs so again fit it into your daily allowance and your good.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.